Worst football program in the state?

Science Hill, but only by comparison to the rest of the athletics on the Hill.

BTW, anyone ever catch a Morristown W vs Cocke Co game on the radio? hilarious. "the trojans are really wrapping up the cocks out there tonite"

I am an alum of Cocke County High School & i have always supported the athletics there. I went to every single game while i attended from 02-06 & i still make my way over to Hedrick Field for all the home games but i must say & this is now way suppose to be disrespectful to the kids that play football there but we have to be the worse football program in the state of Tennessee.

Here are the records for the past 5 years:

2008: 0-10 - No Playoffs. Closes game a 28-7 loss to David Crockett

2007: 1-9 - No Playoffs. Only win was against Volunteer 20-19

2006: 1-9 - No Playoffs. Only win against South Greene 14-7

2005: 1-9 - No Playoffs. Only win against David Crockett 34-14

2004: 3-7 - No Playoffs. Wins against Seymour (16-6),
Knox. Carter (27-18), David Crockett (21-7)

2003: 2-8 - No Playoffs. Wins against South Greene (39-0), David Crockett (39-14)

The last time we went to the playoffs was 2001 & we lost to Tennessee High in the first round. They dress an average of 30 kids every year on the team. Does anyone know of a program worse than this?

Sounds like David Crockett is worse...Just sayin..

NOBODY can compare to Red Boiling Springs they had like one of the longest losing streaks in the nation until this year they are pitiful.

Alum. We may be 2nd behind RBS. I know we went to the playoffs my freshman year back in 94. I don't think we've been back since. My SR year we beat East for our only win. I believe that win kept East out of the playoffs.

You are correct...That win was in OT and kept my alum out of the playoffs...Heck of a football game though as was very electric in the stands...I was 2 years removed from that team as I graduated in '92 but to be honest I still think RBS is worse and Crockett is on their heels.

2004: 3-7 - No Playoffs. Wins against Seymour (16-6),
Knox. Carter (27-18), David Crockett (21-7)

OUCH...This is not what an alumni wants to see!

In 2000 and 2001 i played at Middleton my freshman year we played 6 homecomings lost them all brutally sophomore year was no better. My family moved after that year. but they have averaged 1 who a year since 2000.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Copper Hill(Basin) made the playoffs.... but they had to play the worst teams in the tri-state area to get a winning record.

Must disagree with you, we went 8-1 in the regular season with the only loss to district champs boyd. But we did beat 2 north carolina playoff teams Haysville 42-0 and Andrews 33-12. We also advanced to the q-finals beating Harriman 32-13 in the first round and Sunbright in the second round 27-6 before losing to Coalfield 21-19. I will agree that most teams had sub .500 records but we did dominate the teams we were suppose to beat. We average 36 pts a game, gave up an average of 7 pts of game, had 5 shutouts and only allowed 4 teams to score more than 10 pts. Also these were the teams that were beating us two years ago.

RBS is the worst in Middle TN area but if I am mistaken North Greene can also take claim to being the worst at least in East TN, correct me if I am wrong east Tn High School football guys.

Houston County is on a 26 game losing skid and their coach fell in love with a teenager!! I seen that on news channel 5.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Karns is pretty bad. My sophomore year was our best year while I was there and I'm pretty sure our best year since. 4-6 and our most recent playoff visit. We got destroyed 51-0 in the first round by Soddy Daisy.

Tellico has to be in the discussion but those on the Plains can relax because McMinn Central is slowly catching up to you.

Ok guys this is what I came up with according to HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL DATABASE

from 1 being the worst heres the list:
1. RBS(Red Boiling Springs)-39 wins since 1974- Avg 1-2 wins -1.08
2. Middleton-21 wins since 1995- Avg 1-2 wins-1.4
3. North Greene-61 wins since 1976-Avg 1-2-1.8
4. Community 1 win in 4 years avg 8.8 pts in 4 years-if continue they will be worst than RBS-0.25
5. Memphis Northside-36 wins since 1993-Avg 2 wins-2
6. Stone Memorial-8 wins in 4 full seasons-Avg 2 wins-2
7. Hamilton-37 wins since 1993-Avg 2 games-2.05
8. Cocke Co-24 wins Since 2000-Avg 2-3 wins-2.18
9. Gibson Co-47 wins since 1989-Avg 2-3 wins-2.2
10. Campbell Co-79 Wins Since 1975-Avg 2-3 Wins-2.2

Worst 3 by Class IMO
A
1.RBS
2.Middleton
3.Community
AA
1.Stone Memorial
2.Memphis Northside
3.Gibson Co
AAA
1.Hamilton
2.Cocke Co
3.Campbell Co

Tellico has to be in the discussion but those on the Plains can relax because McMinn Central is slowly catching up to you.

Tellico Average 3 to 4 games a year while McMinn Central averages 5 Both are not good but cannot claim to the worst

VN Store

Back