So Frank Wycheck just slammed CLK for having physical practice....

Wycheck was a good tight end but a terrible talk show host and even worse radio color commentary guy. At least Plaster gives us Silly Underdog Picks. I miss that.

Is Bill King still on 560 in the afternoons in Nashville?

Wycheck was a good tight end but a terrible talk show host and even worse radio color commentary guy. At least Plaster gives us Silly Underdog Picks. I miss that.

unfortunately, alot of former athletes play out that way as far as sports media, but they get a nod up in hirings over the others due to oftentimes already recognizable name and/or the felt "better knowledge for the topic based on having previously played the game"

I'm a big Titans fan, and hence a Wycheck fan. In all reality his opinion doesn't matter. In the NFL, teams have million $ contracts with players and they suffer financially if a player gets hurt in camp. CLK is creating a competitive atmosphere that has clearly appealed to the top recruits in the country. It is an extension of the USC system, one that has created one of the biggest dynasties in modern college football history. While full contact fall practices scare me a little, I think we should just keep our fingers crossed and hope that the results are similar to those in southern cali. In the mean time, keep those recruits rolling in!

He is still on with Joe Biddle starting at 3 CST. He is all about Florida and Alabama. He will try to convince you every day that those 2 schools will never have a bad season ever again and we will never be good again. And we are a long way from competing with those guys.

He is still on with Joe Biddle starting at 3 CST. He is all about Florida and Alabama. He will try to convince you every day that those 2 schools will never have a bad season ever again and we will never be good again. And we are a long way from competing with those guys.

Bill King could afford to be a little less cynical. It goes somewhere beyond being straightforward.

He will try to convince you every day that those 2 schools will never have a bad season ever again and we will never be good again. And we are a long way from competing with those guys.

i like there talk show but you are right on.

I like wycheck! hes told david climer many of times hes an idiot in so many words.

Wycheck is a tool. The only reason he is remembered is because of an illegal forward pass play that did not get called. He is just jumping on the bandwagon of haters. Like posted earlier, they are talking about us and that is all good. I bet if it gets to ESPN, we will see it on one of the pm shows

You sir....are a TOOL! Wycheck knows more about football than 99.9% of us on here! I like a physical practice, but wait unti BB or Nu'Keese gets hurt without pads on by some dude trying something he should not be doing! Then talk!!!!!!!!!:good!::good!:

You sir....are a TOOL! Wycheck knows more about football than 99.9% of us on here! I like a physical practice, but wait unti BB or Nu'Keese gets hurt without pads on by some dude trying something he should not be doing! Then talk!!!!!!!!!:good!::good!:
I guess all our green jerseys and soft practice over the past few years got us all those championships? Whatever, it is football and you will get hurt if you play it long enough. Playing the game does not make you an expert. You can gain knowlege of the game by watching it, coaching it, writing about it. I still think he is a CLK bandwagon hater.

OK guys we have to remember these are college athletes and there are not as prone to injury as most think, while yes, there is a chance of an injury, that is the chance you take playing football. From what I've heard the practice wasn't very very physical, so its all good. Also, who cares what Frank Wycheck thinks? He competed in TNA wrestling, that tells you how much sense he has.

I guess all our green jerseys and soft practice over the past few years got us all those championships? Whatever, it is football and you will get hurt if you play it long enough. Playing the game does not make you an expert. You can gain knowlege of the game by watching it, coaching it, writing about it. I still think he is a CLK bandwagon hater.

I know Wycheck and he loves CLK! He was commenting on what was said in the paper about a very physical practice without pads....which is stupid. IT DID NOT WORK WITH THE RAIDERS..........like he mentioned!

They are not all anti-UT. They are like this:
Howard's an idiot
Wycheck could care less about the college game
Plaster's an Vandy man but gives everyone a fair shake. That includes MTSU, TSU, Vandy, UT...

Agreed. Howard is a sanctimonnious jerk, though.

I know George and he's a really good guy. He's devoted a lot of his time to helping others and I'll always respect that about him. Of course Vandy is his favorite team, which he wouldn't deny because he went to school there, but he does like UT. Tennessee is his 2nd favorite college team and I know he pulls for UT from many conversations we've had about it. In fact, with George, he doesn't seem to have an anti-UT bias, but a pro-pro sports bias. He wants to discuss NFL, Titans, and Preds. And MLB. I prefer college sports, but he's the station manager and their popularity speaks for itself.

I do like Kevin Ingram a lot. He's really talented and I love his impressions. He'll be a national broadcaster one day, I have a feeling.

Also...it was a lateral. The aerial view proved it without a doubt. The ball never went forward. It's silly that anyone even questions it anymore.

I know Wycheck and he loves CLK! He was commenting on what was said in the paper about a very physical practice without pads....which is stupid. IT DID NOT WORK WITH THE RAIDERS..........like he mentioned!

Yes it did. The Raiders running game went from last in the league to something like 4th. That's improving physicality.

Not sure Wycheck really understands what went on at the practice. If he watched the video I did, it just looks very up paced, and full speed. I did not see guys taking shots at other players. I think he read to much into the info he got. The way he put it, he sounded misguided by the info he got. Full speed does not mean full contact.

Physical is an attitude. UT is not at a level where CLK can risk trying to turn it on and off... if he is ever inclined to do so.

Physical is an attitude. UT is not at a level where CLK can risk trying to turn it on and off... if he is ever inclined to do so.

I agree with that, but also, you can only be so physical in helmets, and shorts. Tempo is what he is looking for right now. When the pads go on, it will be a different story.

Where to start?....

Ok guys, Wycheck is on a radio program in Nashville. Nashville and the surrounding area has its fair share of UT fans, but there are also a bunch of people who couldn't give a rat's ass about UT. I know...shocking. This might come as a shock to some folks, but Knoxville, Tennessee is not the center of the Universe and sometimes people say things that UT fans don't like. Sometimes they say these things because they are the truth. Sometimes they say these things because they are offering up a contrasting point of view. And SOMETIMES they say things just to get the knuckle-draggers' blood boiling. If they were all positive about UT all of the time, they would lose a significant portion of their listening audience. Even if you are tuning in to see what "stupid" stuff they are going to say about Tennessee, then you are tuning in. Guess who's winning when you do that?

I have heard Wycheck speak his mind about Vince Young on multiple occasions. Hell, he even got into a verbal altercation with Pac-Man Jones at practice. I had rather listen to somebody who gives me his unfiltered opinion than some Kool-Aid drinker who only gives me the wine and roses report. I might not like it, but at least it's their true opinion. Doesn't mean I have to agree. Doesn't mean anyone else has to, either. Just take it for what it is. Entertainment. Same as UT football...ENTERTAINMENT.

It could be soooooo much worse. They could have the UT equivalent of the Paul Finebaum (aka Alabama's version of Roy D Mercer) suckling at the teat of the Volunteer football program and never getting anything but homer talk.

This is bad, but not nearly as bad as the people who call in after the game and bitch about the game plan, even when UT won in a rout. It's always some Husky-dipping, backwoods redneck who dropped out of high school to go to work in the woods when he was 13 and sounds like every cliche' there ever was about UT fans who call in with those crazy calls.

Spot-on about Plaster. It really is like they choose to ignore the fact that UT is still the most popular sports team in their broadcasting area.

It seems to me more like they are well aware of it and want to change it. Also, what happened to the ESPN affiliate? I was just listening to Sunday Night Baseball with the Braves on 106.7 a couple of weeks ago while driving back to Knoxville.

This is bad, but not nearly as bad as the people who call in after the game and bitch about the game plan, even when UT won in a rout. It's always some Husky-dipping, backwoods redneck who dropped out of high school to go to work in the woods when he was 13 and sounds like every cliche' there ever was about UT fans who call in with those crazy calls.

They also choose which calls to put on air...

IMO Wychek should stick to what he knows and not what he hears from outside folks....football is PHYSICAL...with or without pads...but not his place to second guess anybody at the college level and certainly not with insults...stick to the NFL or things you know about...CLK has the HC job at UT and his decisions about practice are just that...HIS decisions

If this thread is any indication . . . looks to me like Wychek is succeeding.

Wycheck is a has been trying to stay in the spot lite by jumping on the lane hate . well screw you wycrap it's none of your business

VN Store

Back