Recruiting Football Talk VII

Disappointing, really wanted to see us have a guy his size on the dline and was hoping he would develop into that role.
Wasn’t beating out Tyree West, who I think is all-conference good btw. Weathersby on his heels, Josephs has to get some run opposite Pearce at times. Definitely wished he stayed though, it was a short sighted decision. It’s Garner’s gift to the portal, sort of like paying taxes.

What sullies his legacy even further is his NEED to discount Peyton and drop back passers in general…like that redeems him or strengthens his case for Canton. Dating back to his post SB press conference. His apologists dredged up the trainer crap and tried to sully Peyton all the way to his retirement PC. Manning handled it right by addressing it once. Cam couldn’t follow the great QBs in growing his game and ultimately failed in adult dignity.
I was a Cam fan. Still am in some regards. But it wasn't lost on me that he was his own worst enemy with how he reacted to various things during his career.

The same thing that motivated the sentiments in that press conf are the same things that motivated motivated the way he dressed and making comments like he did about Peyton.

I hate it cause he's not a bad person. He was great when he was great.

But he makes it really hard to 'like' him.

What sullies his legacy even further is his NEED to discount Peyton and drop back passers in general…like that redeems him or strengthens his case for Canton. Dating back to his post SB press conference. His apologists dredged up the trainer crap and tried to sully Peyton all the way to his retirement PC. Manning handled it right by addressing it once. Cam couldn’t follow the great QBs in growing his game and ultimately failed in adult dignity.
Maybe I’m remembering it wrong. I know his dad was the big duck in the pond during his time during recruitment and college time, but didn’t he employ so called advisors when he reached the league and helped in his rise and his fall in the NFL?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Maybe I’m remembering it wrong. I know his dad was the big duck in the pond during his time during recruitment and college time, but didn’t he employ so called advisors when he reached the league and helped in his rise and his fall in the NFL?
A handler is only as good as his/her client’s ability to stay on-script. Cam conducted a career clinic of veering off into the ditch when the cameras were recording.

A handler is only as good as his/her client’s ability to stay on-script. Cam conducted a career clinic of veering off into the ditch when the cameras were recording.
Sorta like an invisible bubble he thought he had until he didn’t. Maybe I’ll google his career if I can lay down those pesky word searches. 🥸

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Wouldn't that make them state employees in some instances?
`I don’t see any way they would be considered state employees. Let’s say you are paid to endorse Wiegels, and/or Dish Network, and/or the local Hummer dealership, and/or a local motel chain. You have a contract with them and every time they show a commercial with you in it or do a radio spot using your name, you get paid. In addition to that, you sign football cards and a local entity sells them along with t-shirts with your name or personal logo and pays you. Then, someone videos you saying happy birthday to someone’s mom and pays you for that. Maybe a local non-profit gets you to speak at a fund-raising event and you get paid for that. How can any of these endorsements and payments for your name, image, and likeness make you a state employee?

Nap time already? 😂

When you get older, you won’t get to take naps…until you’re @InVOLuntary years old, and naps are pretty much mandatory 😎
This week I have napped every day. Or perhaps become a vampire

I stayed up to watch the Formula One race at 1am MDT SAT

I am too old for that ****. Need to remember I can record it

VN Store

Back