2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Okpara > Awaka

And it’s not even close

I don’t know why this has to be an either or thing. Your disdain for Awaka is kind of odd. You do realize Awaka and Okpara can co-exist, right? Awaka is more of a 4 and Okpara has 3 inches of height on him and is a true 5.

We also have 5 spots open. It’s not the most likely thing to happen, but there is a world where both Awaka and Okpara can get 20-25 minutes a game and be happy and fit the roster.

I don’t know why this has to be an either or thing. Your disdain for Awaka is kind of odd. You do realize Awaka and Okpara can co-exist, right? Awaka is more of a 4 and Okpara has 3 inches of height on him and is a true 5.

We also have 5 spots open. It’s not the most likely thing to happen, but there is a world where both Awaka and Okpara can get 20-25 minutes a game and be happy and fit the roster.
LOL what? We literally heard that Awaka leaving had to do with NIL and playing time.

Okpara didn’t just leave OSU, he left cause Bradshaw is coming in. Didn’t want to share minutes.

It’s definitely one or the other, and in that case, it’s Okpara.

LOL what? We literally heard that Awaka leaving had to do with NIL and playing time.

Okpara didn’t just leave OSU, he left cause Bradshaw is coming in. Didn’t want to share minutes.

It’s definitely one or the other, and in that case, it’s Okpara.

I literally said it’s not the most likely thing to happen, but Awaka getting fewer minutes this past season had more to do with his inability to stay on the court than it did Aidoo taking all of his minutes. You need two bigs on a roster and if Awaka can stop fouling he’d be ahead of Estrella on the depth chart because of his experience so, like I said, it’s not crazy to think Awaka and Okpara can both get 20-25 minutes but that is entirely up to Awaka.

But also you saying Awaka sucks in the post above this one shows you can’t be objective about this at all because you have some weird obsession with wanting to kick him to the curb.

Multiple connected guys for UT in the trilly discord have been talking about this for a week and saying that when he entered that it should be wrapped up fairly quickly to us.

That’s cool. I’m not that excited. It would be a fine addition, but looking at his production it’s nothing to write home about at all. I would hope we wouldn’t play him for 25 MPG if the best he can give is 6 boards and 6 rebounds.

VN Store

Back