2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this offense produce many assists? I'm not asking for Pat ball, esp since we have zero posts at this point. But I do love a good motion offense with good cutting and passing and high assists. I'm thinking that may be off the table.

I thought I remembered that Boyd may be another of in our tradition of athletic, defensive minded players that is a 'project' on offense. Not sure how much opportunity she's had to work on her shot since she's been here. She's never shown signs of injury, no crutches, etc so don't if she had surg or what her rehab has been like.

Yes, any offense that produces that many points produces a good number of assists. Her team last year averaged a little over 16 a game. You have to share the ball to score that much, good coaches and great players understand that.

Not an accident Caitlin Clark led the country in points and assists. A great player understands the importance of passing.

Biggest difference for CKCs teams is fitness and defensive intensity. They forced 24 turnovers a game and scored 28 points off those TOs. Those are eye popping numbers.

For frame of reference we forced 12 and scored 12.

Basketball is a game of possessions. I think we are going to see some exciting basketball next season.

I doubt it bc she’s looking at bringing in a pg were apparently in on day-Wilson now too

Poor Miami lol.

Hard for the Ball Out to call that poaching though.

We actually lost a lot of recruits to Miami the last few years. There are a few girls on that roster that had us in their finalists and chose Miami.

Day-Wilson would be a get. I’m very excited. I still hope they don’t announce the players individually. I think it would be cool if everyone coordinated we drop the roster like a Beyoncé album.

Just nothin and then BAM.

People get fooled is all I’m saying
That would be an awful lot of players and parents who got "fooled". How do you think he's creepy and Georgia Amore and her family got "fooled" about that for 4 years and then followed him for more? Along with multiple others? That makes zero sense unless Kenny's doing mass hypnosis.

Agree to disagree, there's nothing weak about the experience we're watching before our eyes as opposed to what we think, imagined, or have heard. All these people are not "fooled".

Isn't Latham more a forward than a post? I want a true post who's at least 6'4" for when we get forced into the half court with teams with big bodies.
I think she is more of a forward and can shoot outside a little. Spearman would be ideal in those situations. Although I could see CKC using Latham at the post if it isn’t a drag you in the mud type game.

Reactions: glv98
That’s what the portal is for to get better players, so when she’s done getting what she wants then fill the rest with former teammates. spears is the only starter as of right now
Coop will start, no question. She is the highest rated player on the roster and for good reason. How many other McDonald’s AA’s are there on the future roster? She isn’t taking a back seat to anyone. She is your Swiss Army Knife.

Last edited:
Now I'm thinking Day-Wilson, Nye, King and, Spearman would be the law firm I'd want to retain.

I'm confused on Coop's elig. Does she have 3 yrs remaining? A soph this upcoming season?

Coop will start, no question. She is the highest rated player on the roster and for good reason. How many other McDonald’s AA’s are there on the future roster? She isn’t taking a back seat to anyone.
See that’s what I have been wondering. IF we get Nye, then Cooper, Nye, nor Spear are PGs. I doubt Nye would come as a second team All SEC to not start, and I can’t see Jewel coming back to start off on the bench. Maybe Coop plays a forward role if she rebounds well?

See that’s what I have been wondering. IF we get Nye, then Cooper, Nye, nor Spear are PGs. I doubt Nye would come as a second team All SEC to not start, and I can’t see Jewel coming back to start off on the bench. Maybe Coop plays a forward role if she rebounds well?
If Nye comes here she’s starting along with Spear.

CKC speaks championship language. If you want to be a winner, on a winning team you have to be willing to fill whatever role is needed of you. Those are the kind of kids we are hopefully going to be recruiting.

Yeah so that would leave Cooper as PG or more in a forward role to start.
If we don’t get a Pg in the portal she might start, but if we do I think she comes off the bench. And she should get significant mins compared tothe last team she was on So that’s a win for her

Reactions: spojo13
View attachment 635545View attachment 635546
The differences are subtle, but our minutes distribution, if we get the players we need, should look more like South Carolina. You notice none of them were complaining about minutes, winning tends to do that!
Yeah, I think like with them, we’d ideally play 9 the most minutes. Just have to get 6-9 to buy in to coming off the bench. If I had to guess Cooper is probably like 6th man with lots of minutes.

View attachment 635545View attachment 635546
The differences are subtle, but our minutes distribution, if we get the players we need, should look more like South Carolina. You notice none of them were complaining about minutes, winning tends to do that!
I think it should similar to the way we had it last year, 7 players playing the majority of mins. We won’t have a team full of Mcdonalds all americans to keep happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back