Recruiting Football Talk VII

That really depends on how much natural ability you have. Luka does less time on the treadmill than I do. Does just fine.
Haha, I bet Luka puts in a lot more hours in the offseason than anyone with a full time regular job could physically do.

The offer me $900 million…….hell yea. Id drape my arse in houndstooth
So I'm assuming you have no issue with the LIV boys.

Edit: Geez. Sorry. Reading this post to which I responded, I was assuming you were talking about football. Clicking back through thevrelevant posts, I see you were discussing LIV (Rory) directly.

Reactions: peaygolf
I don’t think the average (or good for that matter) non-baseball player athlete can hit good high school pitching.
Would depend on the “good” HS pitching.

But yea, if we’re talking elite pitching prospects about to get drafted - highly unlikely.

"more often," meaning equal amount of luck in each would yield better results in baseball vs football.

This mystique around baseball is new to me, never seen so many people in awe of it like it's the pinnacle of athletic or competitive difficulty.
I have not once said it’s the pinnacle of athletic or competitive difficulty.

I disagree on the better results part and my quote was directly correlated to the amount of luck regarding the sports I quoted.

Reactions: jave36
Probably easier, tho, to make contact with a baseball, than it is to actually aim a golf ball. It's not the hitting of the golf ball that is difficult. It's the putting it in the hole off of one shot from the tee.

Also, I hate golf.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you can't hit a golf ball out of your shadow

Reactions: HalfullVol
For $900 million dollars…..who would say “No” to LIV golf?
Ok
That’s not in a vacuum though. If LIV is offering you $900 million, it means you are successful and making millions already. I’ve seen McIlroy’s net worth as high as $170 million. 900 over some time is certainly more, but he’s already made generational wealth, and it will keep coming. At some price point, decisions aren’t just made about money. If it was one of us, then it’s totally different.

I have not once said it’s the pinnacle of athletic or competitive difficulty.

I disagree on the better results part and my quote was directly correlated to the amount of luck regarding the sports I quoted.
Ya you're right, I kind of lumped in all the posts in my reply. Yours wasn't that extreme.

Reactions: mrMet
Muuuuch less controllable when professionals are flying at you while you're trying to do something. None of us here would control a soccer ball more than 2 seconds against pros. No chance to begin with. There goes your luck opportunity.

An NFL qb has about 3 seconds, at most, to both drop and make a decision...while trying to throw over 6'5+ dudes...while the scariest dudes on earth are flying at you. Talk about shizzing your pants.

Actually, I'd like to revise my answer to playing OT and ever having a shot against a pass rusher 😅

Baseball, it's you and the pitcher and ball. Fewer variables than other sports. Those guys take the luck out of your hands before you even have a chance.
My original post on this topic said to disqualify football from the list, it’s really baseball vs basketball.

But of course, I can tell you have never fielded a piss missle of a ground ball then threw it to first base, chased down a fly ball, or tried to hit the cutoff man while a runner is rounding third headed home. Much less try to hit a 90mph heater that has 15 inches of movement

If you count golf as a sport, a hole-in-one is right up there as well.
The albatross is far more rare than a hole-in-one. I've only see one albatross...Louis Oosthuizen at Augusta's Hole #2. He holed out to card a 2 on the Par 5 from 253 yards in 2012.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back