Recruiting Football Talk VII

People can find it boring. Nothing wrong with that.

But hitting major league pitching is still the hardest thing to do in sports.
I could hit a major league pitch by pure luck more often than I could ever complete a pass as an NFL qb or score a goal in La Liga.

Better yet...winning a race in any olympic sport. The average person would never ever ever ever ever ever be capable. Ever. Hitting a ball is doable though...hell just bunt it.

Not saying it isn't tough, but the "hardest thing to do in sports" not even close. Hell, let's see anyone do a 1080 on a halfpipe.....or even get up the halfpipe 😅

Because luck doesn’t factor into those sports 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Muuuuch less controllable when professionals are flying at you while you're trying to do something. None of us here would control a soccer ball more than 2 seconds against pros. No chance to begin with. There goes your luck opportunity.

An NFL qb has about 3 seconds, at most, to both drop and make a decision...while trying to throw over 6'5+ dudes...while the scariest dudes on earth are flying at you. Talk about shizzing your pants.

Actually, I'd like to revise my answer to playing OT and ever having a shot against a pass rusher 😅

Baseball, it's you and the pitcher and ball. Fewer variables than other sports. Those guys take the luck out of your hands before you even have a chance.

Last edited:
MLB was a manufacture runs league up until these nerds come in with this analytics bs. Now it's all or nothing a 3 run homer or strikeout.

Speaking of College Baseball, Tennessee has 1 sacrifice bunt this season and truthfully if it wasn't for Aluminum bats it would be same as MLB.
Thank goodness for aluminum bats saving us from the nerds

Reactions: Orange.
"more often," meaning equal amount of luck in each would yield better results in baseball vs football.

This mystique around baseball is new to me, never seen so many people in awe of it like it's the pinnacle of athletic or competitive difficulty.
It's truly amazing. Babe Ruth was the GOAT for decades, if not still...yet dude could would never survive any other pro sport...well, maybe hot dog eating.

Again, baseball no doubt takes great skill, like golf, but that isn't what most consider elite athleticism.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I don’t know if this trend will extend beyond just me, but I watched less college football last season than I normally do because the commercial breaks became obnoxiously long.
Same. Not by much and probably more due to having little kids now, but the commercials definitely caused me to lose my attention.

I probably stopped watching in the middle of a game 10x more than any other season.

I could hit a major league pitch by pure luck more often than I could ever complete a pass as an NFL qb or score a goal in La Liga.

Better yet...winning a race in any olympic sport. The average person would never ever ever ever ever ever be capable. Ever. Hitting a ball is doable though...hell just bunt it.

Not saying it isn't tough, but the "hardest thing to do in sports" not even close. Hell, let's see anyone do a 1080 on a halfpipe.....or even get up the halfpipe 😅
You would not hit jackshit by luck. Come on.

It's truly amazing. Babe Ruth was the GOAT for decades, if not still...yet dude could would never survive any other pro sport...well, maybe hot dog eating.

Again, baseball no doubt takes great skill, like golf, but that isn't what most consider elite athleticism.
I don't think he'd be nearly as successful today. In his day, athletes weren't playing baseball. It was closer to high school today than MLB today.

I do consider bat speed, strength, hand eye coordination part of athleticism though. I don't consider baseball players (or wrestlers, or gymnasts, etc...) less of an athlete because they're slow and have terrible 40 times. Just different kind of athleticism.

Reactions: whitw
MLB was a manufacture runs league up until these nerds come in with this analytics bs. Now it's all or nothing a 3 run homer or strikeout.

Speaking of College Baseball, Tennessee has 1 sacrifice bunt this season and truthfully if it wasn't for Aluminum bats it would be same as MLB.
People just want to win. If folks don't use common sense (aka finally using their god given brains to utilize basic statistics) then you will eventually get left behind.

Just like football. Things like 2 yards and a cloud of dust and FBs are dead.

The only way to adjust it out is rule changes, if folks don't want it.

Looking back, the no huddle uptempo offense seems like a no brainer. Now opposing coaches are trying to slow it down...not fans though 🤔

VN Store

Back