Recruiting Football Talk VII

We really debating over golf being a "game" or a "sport"? It's both. So is Baseball, Football, etc.

Now, is bass fishing a sport? I LOVE fishing but every time I see a Facebook profile of a pro bass fisherman and it lists them as an Athlete...I can't help but chuckle.
Man, I tell ya. Back when I was the bestest most catchingest fisherman alive I did Callistenics every day. Without it wouldve never caught a fish.

Last edited:
I have coached Middle school football…. Travel baseball, and ran my own travel basketball program. I,also, coached middle school soccer but that was only bc the kids couldn’t play if i didn’t agree to coach them. That’s just my opinion based on degree of training necessary to be great at each sport. Of course athleticism is the huge separator in all sports. It’s also the traits someone is born with although you can train them to get more athletic.
I once ended up coaching 6-year-olds' soccer because there was no coach for my son's team and they were going to have to disband without a volunteer. I hastily fetched a copy of the rules. 😂

We finished in first place! Because I was a great coach? No way! Because I had a couple of left-footed kids by happenstance, and I at least had enough sense to play them on the left, and persuade them stay out like a wing so a ball could be kicked their way, so we could score from either side. The 6-year-olds generally swarmed the ball like it was a queen bee and moved like migrating worker bees in a cluster up and down the field. Mercifully for me and especially for the kids, we found a guy who actually liked and understood soccer to relieve me the second year. Fahr me!

We really debating over golf being a "game" or a "sport"? It's both. So is Baseball, Football, etc.

Now, is bass fishing a sport? I LOVE fishing but every time I see a Facebook profile of a pro bass fisherman and it lists them as an Athlete...I can't help but chuckle.
Fishing is a sport, but it’s participants are sportsmen, not athletes.

Random fact...since Deion was hired at Colorado (12/3/22), 73 players have transferred out of his program.
(247Sports)
Another random fact....Deion has ran off 73 players, acted like a diva and no one in the national media has a care in the world about it.

When his sons leave, he's gone and Colorado will be worse off for it.

Duke to Mizzou....

Big Guy Falling Down Stairs At Home GIF | GIFDB.com

Another random fact....Deion has ran off 73 players, acted like a diva and no one in the national media has a care in the world about it.

When his sons leave, he's gone and Colorado will be worse off for it.
they have made a ton of money off Deion being there.

Reactions: Devo182
I once ended up coaching 6-year-olds' soccer because there was no coach for my son's team and they were going to have to disband without a volunteer. I hastily fetched a copy of the rules. 😂

We finished in first place! Because I was a great coach? No way! Because I had a couple of left-footed kids by happenstance, and I at least had enough sense to play them on the left, and persuade them stay out like a wing so a ball could be kicked their way, so we could score from either side. The 6-year-olds generally swarmed the ball like it was a queen bee and moved like migrating worker bees in a cluster up and down the field. Mercifully for me and especially for the kids, we found a guy who actually liked and understood soccer to relieve me the second year. Fahr me!
In Tennessee…. they reschedule teams when it comes time for the tournament to put similar teams together… They had us in a very hard division to start out…. It tried telling my team that we would shine in the tourney…. In the middle of the season…. my team tried firing me for the female chemistry teacher. 😂 We only won 2 regular season games but upset the bigger school from our county. We ended up finishing 2nd overall in the tournament.

Reactions: Orange.
That would encompass a lot of things…. The game Twister…… egg relay race that people do at easter. 😂
OK.

So, as opposed to claiming it's not a sport (when it meets the definition), it may make more sense to amend the claim to "golf isn't a sport that I like/take seriously/respect", so everyone can nod their head and say...

"OK."

The interesting thing is, I suspect most people who'd take issue with golf being a sport have never really tried hitting a golf ball, probably couldn't hit one straight 30 yards, or 100 yards in any direction. But it's a great way to sound... however it sounds.

I think the AD should meet with the ncaa again and declare that there will be no scholarship reduction. Unless they actually punish michigan.
Then inform them that it could be very publicly embarrassing for them if the comparison was made very publicly.
Then walk out without waiting for an answer.
The NCAA also needs to be called out on Michigan's three additional major violations that the NCAA corruptly excluded from its announced decision.

(1) Illegal use of university computers in the football complex (which was serious enough to involve the FBI, but has been completely hushed up without explanation by the NCAA, Michigan, and the press). (2) Illegally stealing signals from their regular season opponents (over two years, iirc). (3) illegally stealing signals from teams they thought might be playoff opponents, which Michigan further did not prevent from being obtained an opponent of one of those teams.* That action by Michigan literally corrupted the composition and integrity of the playoffs causing irreparable damage to the teams affected and to the reputation of the sport.

It's painfully obvious that the NCAA corruptly stalled on the first two of these five violations (only acting this week), intentionally aiding and abetting Michigan's illicit playoff participation. And the NCAA postponed treating the latter 3 still-unpunished charges because the five together would appear to most everyone as lack of institutional control. (Consider also that the Michigan's university leadership, not only the football team, was involved in covering up the university computer use scandal.)

The result now is not only that those at Michigan most responsible for all five violations were enabled by the NCAA's corrupt stalling to flee safely and profitably to the NFL (as everyone in the world predicted based on the NCAA's well known practice of crookedly playing favorites). But Michigan is now on three-year probation (if with no scholarship reductions or other penalties). And this with three long-documented and well known allegations outstanding. The NCAA processing those three violations would result in three major probation violations ASAP.

Thus it reasonable to guess that the crooked NCAA in a private deal with its pet Michigan has promised under the table to exempt Michigan's three huge outstanding violations from the NCAA's own rules regarding probation. Not surprisingly, not a single "journalist" has wondered out loud about this, much less investigated it.

* (The ticket receipts at Neyland in the name of Michigan's operative and in Michigan's usual location with the best view of the signaling was reported during last season.) The wristbands were widely disseminated on the internet at that time.

Sorry for the long response.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back