2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Guys, if Igor is getting paid it is not legal. International students CANNOT get NIL. His commitment will not come down to money. It will be down to fit and where he’s most comfortable. Tyson on the other hand will have a pull to UNC being a North Carolina kid, and he may also get some NIL. Just hope for our sake that UNC will be full in his position.

Lots of grey area actually. Here's a great article.

Last edited:
Things not working out in putting together a quality roster that will once again compete as a top team
Fielding a quality roster at Tennessee under Barnes hasn't been difficult. However, there's a big difference between a Top 25 team with probably a second weekend ceiling and a top 5-10 team with Final Four aspirations. I think after last season, most would expect the latter.

Fielding a quality roster at Tennessee under Barnes hasn't been difficult. However, there's a big difference between a Top 25 team with probably a second weekend ceiling and a top 5-10 team with Final Four aspirations. I think after last season, most would expect the latter.
Hope for, yes. Expecting a FF might be a reach, but I’m all for it.

I mean... let's all be honest

ZZ
Gainey
Mashack
Dubar
JP

Cade, Carr, & Bishop

are going to win you 18+ games next year....but depending on what other 5 players you land that can quickly become a 25 win roster

Y’all are dialing up an 0fer
This might be a long shot, but with Claude entering the portal, it makes me think about Zach Freemantle. X just got Hugley and Freemantle has been a quiet name due to him not playing this season. And I know he said he’s going back to X but it’s a thought if he decides to hit the portal.

We’re getting too big for our britches if we expect the latter considering everything we lost. There’s no reason we can’t be a top 25 team, but we need to pump the breaks if we expect to be a top 5 team. Certainly hope for it though.

This might be a long shot, but with Claude entering the portal, it makes me think about Zach Freemantle. X just got Hugley and Freemantle has been a quiet name due to him not playing this season. And I know he said he’s going back to X but it’s a thought if he decides to hit the portal.

He has a year left? Dude has played 4 and then didn't play this season so he'd be using a 6th year...

Kinda sidestepping the main conversation, but since we're up against UNC for Tyson, what's the consensus so far on Hubert Davis as a coach?

I was thinking the same situation with Felix Okpara at OSU, they are bringing in Bradshaw from UK.

Not a name that’s going to light the world, but has potential. We also recruited him out of HS.

He said was returning to OSU, but that was before they got Bradshaw

Reactions: Volprofch05
Yes he does and I find that insane. Dude has been around for forever. Sat out this season for foot surgery so saved a year of eligibility.

He'd be an experienced big that could add depth. Wouldn't hate the addition but doesn't seem to fit the "potential" aspect for the secret player.

I was thinking the same situation with Felix Okpara at OSU, they are bringing in Bradshaw from UK.

Not a name that’s going to light the world, but has potential. We also recruited him out of HS.

He said was returning to OSU, but that was before they got Bradshaw

Yeah he's another I'd have on the possible list.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Well I did say “once again compete as a top team”.

We’re getting too big for our britches if we expect the latter considering everything we lost. There’s no reason we can’t be a top 25 team, but we need to pump the breaks if we expect to be a top 5 team. Certainly hope for it though.
I would agree with you if this was 2018. You had to primarily rely on developing guys to replace loses as we saw with Grant, Admiral, & Bone leaving.
In 2024, you can turn over a roster with the portal. Obviously, chemistry is a factor. This team has a really nice nucleus with ZZ, Mashack, Carr, & Estrella. No reason you can't put 3-4 really good players around them and field a top 5-10 team again. Unless, we all just want to lower the bar.

I would agree with you if this was 2018. You had to primarily rely on developing guys to replace loses as we saw with Grant, Admiral, & Bone leaving.
In 2024, you can turn over a roster with the portal. Obviously, chemistry is a factor. This team has a really nice nucleus with ZZ, Mashack, Carr, & Estrella. No reason you can't put 3-4 really good players around them and field a top 5-10 team again. Unless, we all just want to lower the bar.

Gainey too.

As long as we don’t make it to Tyreke Key territory, I’m not worried

Hater, if I was going to harp on a portal addition he'd be pretty low on the list honestly.

Played 24.4 mpg, scored 8.2 ppg, 2.5 rpg filled that 5th/6th man role pretty well.

EJ Anosike or Justin Powell are the territory I wanna avoid.

Hater, if I was going to harp on a portal addition he'd be pretty low on the list honestly.

Played 24.4 mpg, scored 8.2 ppg, 2.5 rpg filled that 5th/6th man role pretty well.

EJ Anosike or Justin Powell are the territory I wanna avoid.
Hater, Powell had cool….hair

VN Store

Back