2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just going by stats and what I’ve watched. Doesn’t look to me like the problem for most of our team is that they’re not shooting enough 3s. Don’t think that’s going to magically make them better.

We need shooters and scorers fm the portal.
looking at marshall’s players…. it appears the system improves their 3 point shooting…. 2 examples…. Crewman went from 30% to 35% while aislynn Hayes went from 31% to 38% as a three point shooter. I trust her when it comes to filling our needs.

Reactions: VolFuture
looking at marshall’s players…. it appears the system improves their 3 point shooting…. 2 examples…. Crewman went from 30% to 35% while aislynn Hayes went from 31% to 38% as a three point shooter. I trust her when it comes to filling our needs.
is That because of the system or just getting more experience and growing up more as a basketball player?

Interesting. It seems like they probably shot more 3's and still improved.

Reactions: VolFuture
Interesting. It seems like they probably shot more 3's and still improved.
Law of averages for 1… they probably practice them a lot more 2… AND they literally have a system designed to get good looks where they can be confident to knockdown 33333s

@chuckiepoo pun approved?

(She also is a hyper offensive coach so she instills confidence in her players/shooters)

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This is a good analysis.

Reactions: mcannon1
I don’t know her age, I don’t follow her at all. But I did notice a few players shot worse tha. The previous season, how come they didn’t shoot better?
I think of their top 5 only one shot worst last year and that was Scott. She did drop from 36.2 to 34.5. 3 of them did improve though.

Beeman improved from 30.1 to 35.8 as a senior.
Scott dropped from 36.2 to 34.5 as a soph
Hayes improved from 32.6 to 38.2 as a 4 year Jr
Maier jumped from 27.9 to 38.9 as a Soph

They all shot more than 144 3s, which was more than Tess who shot our 2nd most 3s.

I think of their top 5 only one shot worst last year and that was Scott. She did drop from 36.2 to 34.5. 3 of them did improve though.

They all shot more than 144 3s, which was more than Tess who shot our 2nd most 3s.
Her system creates 15 live ball turnovers a game. That should lead to more open 3s in transition.

That’s a good sign, hope that happens to our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back