2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my thought too! Get an elite player (or two) that can help us recruit elite players through shared social networks and who can be mentors to the younger players that we so desperately need. But we need those younger players so every portal season isn’t some harrowing Hunger Games death match to sign starters.
We literally have 4 returners 😭

Like we do not NEED 1 years in so sorry. I’ll take fit and years over a one and done.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Elite for me is someone that’s capable of leading their team to a chamipionship. Examples are Kiki Iriafen, Juju Watkins, Hannah Hidalgo and Lauren Betts. HVL was never elite in my opinion. Picking up a few good reserves are cool but we need starters that can help us win next year, it’s not just about being mediocre like we’ve been.
Well if that were the case I think CKC would’ve entered some into the portal. I think she likes what we have. Some will be happy some won’t..

I say this so she would have more space to bring in young girls bc I’m sorry but 4 returning players is a death sentence to a program.

Reactions: glv98
Wrong. U want continuity. Just portal grabbing tear over year is ridiculous
You need to try to improve your team every year, you don’t just sit with what u have unless u have a stacked roster with no room. We need to build a roster that can win Chamionships, I just want to win I guess I think differently.

Start the video at 3:25, they talk about why we missed out on top hs players.

Yep. On target. When Holly started faltering, I posted in this form I’m that grief had caught up with her. She had been in Pat’s orbit since she was a sophomore at Bearden High School. They were family. Not saying Holly need to stay coach, but I am saying that her failure had nothing to do with anything other than the devastation of losing Pat. Be accurate and kind.

Well if that were the case I think CKC would’ve entered some into the portal. I think she likes what we have. Some will be happy some won’t..

I say this so she would have more space to bring in young girls bc I’m sorry but 4 returning players is a death sentence to a program.
Could be a number of reasons, one could be she’s not good at evaluating talent at this level and she thinks mid major talent can get it done, that was the issue with our last regime. Or she just didn’t want to tell players to go that just transferred and or are seniors, that might not be a good look.

Ok if she like what we have and lets say we get the 2 players that are visiting, where do u think we finish in the conference and in March Madness?

Could be a number of reasons, one could be she’s not good at evaluating talent at this level and she thinks mid major talent can get it done, that was the issue with our last regime. Or she just didn’t want to tell players to go that just transferred and or are seniors, that might not be a good look.
I’m sorry I don’t take anyone seriously who think they are mid major.. I’ve seen d1 and d2 also thrown around.. embarrassing take but u can have it. Are a few better suited… sure but so disrespectful to players who finished consistently at the top of a P5 conference

Ok if she like what we have and let’s say we get the 2 players that are visiting, where do u think we finish in the conference and in March Madness?
Idk neither do u. We could win it all if lucky enough. But we can’t assume we’re just gonna fall out of the way side. We do need help I’m not saying we don’t. Every team does.

I’m sorry I don’t take anyone seriously who think they are mid major.. I’ve seen d1 and d2 also thrown around.. embarrassing take but u can have it. Are a few better suited… sure but so disrespectful to players who finished consistently at the top of a P5 conference
If they finish beat the top with this roster I’ll have to eat my words, I guess we will see by the end of the season.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
How much of it was coaching 🤭
The beginning of the season I predicted on here that we would be one and done in the tournament, unless we got some legendary performances from Rickea to carry us to a Championship. Coaching matters but I put most of it on the roster, I’ll take a stacked roster and take my chances with a coach.

This is my thought too! Get an elite player (or two) that can help us recruit elite players through shared social networks and who can be mentors to the younger players that we so desperately need. But we need those younger players so every portal season isn’t some harrowing Hunger Games death match to sign starters.
Yeah, if we don’t get any younger players, we’d have three plus Edie coming back in the second year. I don’t think you would want to try to mesh up to 12 freshmen and transfers together. That would possibly be a disaster. Have to start balancing out the roster.

The beginning of the season I predicted on here that we would be one and done in the tournament, unless we got some legendary performances from Rickea to carry us to a Championship. Coaching matters but I put most of it on the roster, I’ll take a stacked roster and take my chances with a coach.
I disagree I think it was mostly coaching. Our best performances were without Rickea. OU. ND (this game was 1000% coaching), Indiana was coaching we still played well.

By your own metric RJ wasn’t an “elite” player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back