2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my perfect daydreams, I see us signing a bunch of plain-looking, tough "tomboys" who will spend all their spare time in the gym sweating and getting up shots instead of sitting in salons for hours on end getting all pretty for social media.

Is that too much to ask?! 😅

In my perfect daydreams, I see us signing a bunch of plain-looking, tough "tomboys" who will spend all their spare time in the gym sweating and getting up shots instead of sitting in salons for hours on end getting all pretty for social media.

Is that too much to ask?! 😅
I know you joking but Rickea would not fit that dream......

P.S. Not that I don't like pretty women. But my age group of pretty women I let myself look at are considered senior citizens. I don't need eye candy on the ball court. lol
Sorry for your hijacking your post. I get the spirit of what you are saying but I am sensitive to the double standard women athletes face. Players like Tamari get crushed on social media for their hair and eyelashes. Yet, you also see people posting unflattering pictures of say, Caitlin Clark (and among others) and then roasting them for looking "manly" and questioning their gender identity.

Sorry for your hijacking your post. I get the spirit of what you are saying but I am sensitive to the double standard women athletes face. Players like Tamari get crushed on social media for their hair and eyelashes. Yet, you also see people posting unflattering pictures of say, Caitlin Clark (and among others) and then roasting them for looking "manly" and questioning their gender identity.
Can’t win!

She is insistent it has to be a POC. I’m sorry, but I do not agree with hiring in that manner. I would love to see a woman of color on staff, but I do not believe in ear marking positions based on skin color.

I have a very diverse staff and every single one of them was hired because of their personality, kindness and intelligence. Not because I was trying to check some damned imaginary box on everyone’s PC checklist.
If we’re being honest some recruits feel UT as a whole is too whyte. And it’s being used in recruiting and has been for a while.

If we’re being honest some recruits feel UT as a whole is too whyte. And it’s being used in recruiting and has been for a while.
Students feel that way! My friends who are alums feel that way. And it becomes self perpetuating. If folks think it isn’t inclusive, they don’t come. If they don’t come it isn’t diverse and can seem like it’s not inclusive. I’m not advocating for anything when it comes to hiring because I think poverty, rurality, disability, and other hidden identities can also resonate profoundly with young people, but it’s something to be aware of.

Students feel that way! My friends who are alums feel that way. And it becomes self perpetuating. If folks think it isn’t inclusive, they don’t come. If they don’t come it isn’t diverse and can seem like it’s not inclusive. I’m not advocating for anything when it comes to hiring because I think poverty, rurality, disability, and other hidden identities can also resonate profoundly with young people, but it’s something to be aware of.
I felt it when I had the opportunity to be a guest coach. But it was back when Glory’s class were freshman and I didn’t see one person of color behind the scenes. And what made it so much more awkward is that people kept coming up to make sure the two black people in the room were ok versus the other members of the guest coaches. When it’s genuine you don’t have to over compensate. I never wanted the opportunity to do it again. lol

Wouldn't they have to be released from their NLI?
High schoolers that have signed there NLI do need to be released by the school. I was reading about a couple Marquette high school commitments saying they were reopening their commitment. It was pointed out that the school had to release them from their NLI but it was speculated the school would wait until after a new coach was selected before they released them. Giving the new coach a chance to talk to them first.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back