2024 Transfer Portal Thread

I agree. We hit a wall with reading defenses and not adjusting after the read. Well coached teams like UNC knew our motions and screens and just waited for us. We never adjusted. This idea of “modern offense” doesn’t really have a set 4 or 5. Terms like “stretch 4” don’t fit. The offense flexes and makes reads throughout the possession, instead of just reading the set and calling a play. Here is a great look at UConn doing this against UNC. The offense changes roles as they read the keys in the defense. This year they want players who can play like this, long players who can play 345 flex. With our defense, and ZZ’s pace, we can eat people up with style of offense.

I just think if this past years team had a consistent secondary scorer they beat Purdue. Vescovi should have been that but he never got back to his past career success. I would be happy to just have players who shoot confidently and able to drive and make layups.

He has two things Aidoo doesn’t, the ability to handle/dribble the ball and his athleticism. He’s got soft hands compared to Aidoo and Awaka.

I’m overhyping him and they play different positions but think Ben Simmons. When Simmons was at LSU and saw him bringing the ball up the court and his handles I was like “wtf”, Igor reminds me of that, I went “wtf”
Except Ben Simmons can't shoot a lick. Like, at all.

Last edited:
I just think if this past years team had a consistent secondary scorer they beat Purdue. Vescovi should have been that but he never got back to his past career success. I would be happy to just have players who shoot confidently and able to drive and make layups.
Dream big.

There's two things in common with both of the big men we have reached out to - both are 6'10" modern bigs who can shoot the 3 & space the floor out. I like the look TN is going for. Got to have at least 4 out there who can shoot it in today's game. And with Tobe Awaka + Cade Phillips not being outside shooters - JP Estrella + one of these two transfers would compliment them real well to make it work: 🍊(Igor Milicic Jr. + Jared Coleman-Jones)🍊

Really hope we can get one of these two bigs.
Btw Bobby Maze (Dubar 's) BMaze elite coach says Dubar is a Vol 🍊🍊🍊 So yeah that's greats news! He's versatile & what we needed! Happy Dubar Day

Attachments

• Picsart_24-04-13_11-12-31-648.jpg
    Picsart_24-04-13_11-12-31-648.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Picsart_24-04-12_18-31-00-605.jpg
    Picsart_24-04-12_18-31-00-605.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 14
No one knows the content. They had a meeting. He’s thinking. That’s good.
Am I crazy to prefer Awaka back over Aidoo (in the hypothetical world where I could pick 1)? It may just be recency bias, but I feel like Awaka helps the team more than Aidoo, when given the same minutes.

Am I crazy to prefer Awaka back over Aidoo (in the hypothetical world where I could pick 1)? It may just be recency bias, but I feel like Awaka helps the team more than Aidoo, when given the same minutes.
It’s definitely a little recency bias, but the fact that he has 2 years of eligibility left is another big plus to Awaka. The big downside (and it’s a massive on) is Aidoo is 10x the rim protector that Awaka is.

It’s definitely a little recency bias, but the fact that he has 2 years of eligibility left is another big plus to Awaka. The big downside (and it’s a massive on) is Aidoo is 10x the rim protector that Awaka is.
Awaka is probably also more consistent than Aidoo. Some games you get Aidoo, some games you get Aidon't. You just never know which one will show up. Awaka's ceiling is lower, but his floor his probably higher.

There's two things in common with both of the big men we have reached out to - both are 6'10" modern bigs who can shoot the 3 & space the floor out. I like the look TN is going for. Got to have at least 4 out there who can shoot it in today's game. And with Tobe Awaka + Cade Phillips not being outside shooters - JP Estrella + one of these two transfers would compliment them real well to make it work: 🍊(Igor Milicic Jr. + Jared Coleman-Jones)🍊

Really hope we can get one of these two bigs.
Btw Bobby Maze (Dubar 's) BMaze elite coach says Dubar is a Vol 🍊🍊🍊 So yeah that's greats news! He's versatile & what we needed! Happy Dubar Day
I’m taking Igor personally

He is a little better , but he still has a long way to go to be dominate, both on offense and defense. Awake can out rebound him and now shoots better from the free throw line.

Reactions: berryvol

VN Store

Back