2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Idk man I keep looking at Dubar’s 14 point performance against Purdue last season, had 3 boards, 1 steal and 2 blocks.

Sophomore year he had 11/5 against Arkansas with 5 steals.

Had 10/7 against Maryland, 1 block and 2 steals.

9/7 against Houston, 1 steal, 1 block.

I don’t see a worry.
Post his senior year numbers against HM’s too!

He’s not a 5, hasn’t played the 5 either. Dishon Jackson plays 5 for Charlotte.

If we land Igor he’ll be a stretch 4 here, 5 only when we’re playing small ball or other bigs are in foul trouble.

Nearly half his FGAs are from 3 too.
He would be a 4/5 here, he’d play both, matchup dependent.

PG: ZZ / Boswell
SG: Lanier / Gainey
SF: Mashack / Tyson / Carr
PF: Dubar
C: Igor / JP / Cade

*Didn’t include Awaka since we don’t know what he will do*

The more I think about it, the more I think Mashack starts and wears down the defense, Tyson comes in and provides a scoring spark of the bench, helps him transition for his final season.

This lineup has the ability to have multiple guys playing multiple positions.

The thing I like the most about Lanier, Tyson, Dubar and Igor, they all attack the class and get rebounds.
Lanier: 5
Tyson: 6
Dubar: 6.8
Igor: 8.5

Leaves us with two spots and that’s already a really nice roster. (If we land all these guys)
Lanier, Tyson, Dubar, and Igor? That's a big ask. I'd love to see it, but that's too much optimism for this nega to really embrace. One...two, maybe, but all four? Nah. Ain't happenin'. Grand Nega has spoken.

Lanier, Tyson, Dubar, and Igor? That's a big ask. I'd love to see it, but that's too much optimism for this nega to really embrace. One...two, maybe, but all four? Nah. Ain't happenin'. Grand Nega has spoken.
Honestly shocked you even believe we'll get one with how pessimistic you are lol.

I think we get 3 out of 4 of them.

Honestly shocked you even believe we'll get one with how pessimistic you are lol.

I think we get 3 out of 4 of them.
3/4 would definitely make this a wildly different team than any Barnes has had here. Can’t wait to see what it looks like when it all comes together.

He would be a 4/5 here, he’d play both, matchup dependent.

Yeah, from his film he looks a LOT better with the ball and in space than any 5 we’ve had.

Just hope we don’t plan to play him inside and waste his skillset. His rebounding & blocks are all about him being able to play in space and being athletic.

Yeah, from his film he looks a LOT better with the ball and in space than any 5 we’ve had.

Just hope we don’t plan to play him inside and waste his skillset. His rebounding & blocks are all about him being able to play in space and being athletic.

He has two things Aidoo doesn’t, the ability to handle/dribble the ball and his athleticism. He’s got soft hands compared to Aidoo and Awaka.

I’m overhyping him and they play different positions but think Ben Simmons. When Simmons was at LSU and saw him bringing the ball up the court and his handles I was like “wtf”, Igor reminds me of that, I went “wtf”

Reactions: VoltillweFall
I have to ask: a) why the Gecko avatar? b) have you thought about changing it to Eeyore? 😛

I think you’re seeing Barnes and staff continue to transition more a modern style which includes a 5 that can play in space and stretch the floor.

Do we really think the Igor kid is a reality. Isn’t he playing pro ball overseas (thought I read that anyways)?

Is he just on VN wishlist or is there movement?

What a get if so!

I think you’re seeing Barnes and staff continue to transition more a modern style which includes a 5 that can play in space and stretch the floor.
I agree. We hit a wall with reading defenses and not adjusting after the read. Well coached teams like UNC knew our motions and screens and just waited for us. We never adjusted. This idea of “modern offense” doesn’t really have a set 4 or 5. Terms like “stretch 4” don’t fit. The offense flexes and makes reads throughout the possession, instead of just reading the set and calling a play. Here is a great look at UConn doing this against UNC. The offense changes roles as they read the keys in the defense. This year they want players who can play like this, long players who can play 345 flex. With our defense, and ZZ’s pace, we can eat people up with style of offense.

VN Store

Back