• 3. Not Sure Yet

Votes: 260 33.8%
  • 4. Displeased

Votes: 38 4.9%
  • 5. Very Displeased

Votes: 28 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tennessee gets nearly all of its athletic department profit from football. I wonder if a football booster told DW to go cheap on the Lady Vol basketball coach? Also paying off Kellie's buyout can't have made it easier to get a new coach.

I'll admit LSU gets a ton from football too....not sure about KY.
Every SEC school gets all of their AD profit from football or men’s basketball or both.

I read an article last night where DW’s first choice was the Indiana coach with Caldwell being #2. Again, I totally support Coach Caldwell next season. Any step backwards from what we had could have me change my mind.

I read an article last night where DW’s first choice was the Indiana coach with Caldwell being #2. Again, I totally support Coach Caldwell next season. Any step backwards from what we had could have me change my mind.

I get sadder and sadder every day.

SMH

If Caldwell was choice 2, then DW doesn’t give a **** about women’s basketball

😆 😆 😆
(Insert Jennifer Lawrence gif)
Classic age gap defeat post. Emojis and request for gif help. Stated something you couldn’t back up and get called out on it.

Rough week for those holding out hope for Kellie while not wanting to acknowledge she was the issue. Those posters you danced with defending mediocrity over the years were leading the entire time. Let this week be the at peace/acceptance phase in your recovery. I’m here to take your arrows to help you through the process.

1712580397547.gif

Reactions: butchna
I will roll with him as well but not gonna lie disappointed. The portal is gonna make or break her this year. Hopefully she has already started. To be honest it was gonna make or break whomever was hired.

This was also going to be true even if Kellie had remained. I believe a new coach with a new beginning and energy will help with the portal rather than the same ol same ol with Kellie.

I will roll with him as well but not gonna lie disappointed. The portal is gonna make or break her this year. Hopefully she has already started. To be honest it was gonna make or break whomever was hired.

Yep, it was going to make or break Kellie next season by all accounts too.

That’s too much uncertainty for a program this large. I said it before, but as an AD it would be a hard pill to swallow what the coach is selling for the future when they have one 2025 recruit, one 2027 recruit and 5 players on their roster who can actually compete at this level.

Wasn’t exactly sending off waves of confidence that we were heading a good direction.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yep, it was going to make or break Kellie next season by all accounts too.

That’s too much uncertainty for a program this large. I said it before, but as an AD it would be a hard pill to swallow what the coach is selling for the future when they have one 2025 recruit, one 2027 recruit and 5 players on their roster who can actually compete at this level.

Wasn’t exactly sending off waves of confidence that we were heading a good direction.
Only issue is that we got the same amount of uncertainty in a new blonde package.

Reactions: brittannica
Yes, and I’m cool with that. I’d rather try something different than beat my head against the wall doing what I know doesn’t work.
You know I wasn’t about keeping Kellie, and there is nothing we can do about it now, but I would have preferred a coach with a little less “I hope it turns out.” Obviously Danny didn’t see it that way.

Watch this and tell me how excited you are...has any Power 5 school hired a coach that lost their last game by 43 points? ...and Virginia Tech was playing without their all-star post, Elizabeth Kitley.

I stated a fact. Never said I was excited. I am not. I just have to hope she works out. But you continue to post vitriol and nonsense if that makes you feel better.

You know I wasn’t about keeping Kellie, and there is nothing we can do about it now, but I would have preferred a coach with a little less “I hope it turns out.” Obviously Danny didn’t see it that way.
My problem is did White even go after any big time P5 winner? Maybe he did and they all turned him down. I don’t know.

The winning % and 7/8 conference 1st place finishes (the other being a 2nd) are all pretty impressive.

My only concerns is the one year at DIV I, and recruiting

Sp put me in the not sure yet camp.

My problem is did White even go after any big time P5 winner? Maybe he did and they all turned him down. I don’t know.
I’m there exactly. Who knows if he got any interest from other coaches, although we were told there was “lots of interest” and this plan had been in place for a while. I think Danny decided to go in a new direction but saw that there wasn’t a lot of interest. He picked who he thought could succeed from the pool he was given.

Reactions: brittannica
I’m there exactly. Who knows if he got any interest from other coaches, although we were told there was “lots of interest” and this plan had been in place for a while. I think Danny decided to go in a new direction but saw that there wasn’t a lot of interest. He picked who he thought could succeed from the pool he was given.
One thing I saw was Gottlieb, Walz, and Caldwell. Gottlieb said no and we all know Walz is the John Gruden of womens basketball probably threw out a figure that no one was going to pay and so that left KIm as the third choice. She is here.

One thing I saw was Gottlieb, Walz, and Caldwell. Gottlieb said no and we all know Walz is the John Gruden of womens basketball probably threw out a figure that no one was going to pay and so that left KIm as the third choice. She is here.
I would hope that Danny knew about Walz being the Mike Gundy of the women’s basketball world, someone that liked to play for raises. I heard Moren was reached out to, which is who I was super into.

Heard credible information that he spoke with Moren at Indiana as well. But she’s too comfortable there at the moment.

I get sadder and sadder every day.

SMH

If Caldwell was choice 2, then DW doesn’t give a **** about women’s basketball
I think the Lady Vol fans are where football fans were a few years ago.

Tennessee doesn't recruit itself anymore. It isn't considered one of THE destination schools any longer. I don't think the interest in this job was anywhere near our expectations. I think we found a very good coach on her way up. She's young and gets results. I'm excited to see where she takes us.

I’m very glad we moved away from the husband and wife coaching set up for women’s basketball.

Would rather see an all female staff (and this is coming from a man). For as long as the men’s game is gatekept from female coaches the ladies should do the same. I’d tell them fellas to take a hike.

Heard credible information that he spoke with Moren at Indiana as well. But she’s too comfortable there at the moment.
Maybe everyone including Danny thought there would be more interest in the job. Maybe we’re all so insulated that we thought this was a prime spot, but on the outside, it isn’t.

Indiana is a lot less pressure than Tennessee. She wins enough there to stay there forever. She has a lot of equity built up there even a losing season wouldn't get her fired.

VN Store

Back