The Problems with Trans-ideology

I just lost all respect for Dawn Staley. In her final four interview today she said she was for transgender biological males competing in women's basketball. I know some agree with her, but most think it's wrong.
I have friends and acquaintances with whom I disagree on many points of politics, belief systems, civil and societal issues. Our disagreements are strong in some cases. I don't lose respect for them if they are sincere and their viewpoints have some factual or logical basis, no matter how much I may find those lacking. I acknowledge that (1) I may be wrong, and/or (2) there may be more than a single right answer to a vexatious question.

As to your final sentence, majorities do not necessarily hold the moral or legal or ethical high ground.

Peace to you.

I didn’t mean to say that and haven’t heard that. I’ve heard they are very happy and believe they got a great coach. I might never know if that was their number one or not. I’ve known since the beginning some of the definite “no” candidates, but still don’t know the hire.
I have just become a hard “no” for Coach Staley:

1712434059296.png

I have just become a hard “no” for Coach Staley:

View attachment 632346
Wow, Dawn is going to be so disappointed. She had her house picked out in K-town and everything but if you say "no," well that is that...

For context, Outkick is a very conservative oriented sports site and it was a crappy, irrelevant question to ask in this context.
It was intended to spark outrage and not legit conversation while drawing outraged fans to their website.

I wonder why Geno or Lisa, or Wes did not get that question?

One thing you can say for Dawn, agree with her or not, she is never afraid to express her convictions.

If this question is the litmus test, you might be surprised at how many top coaches may have a similar view or at least some ambivalence about the issue.

I have friends and acquaintances with whom I disagree on many points of politics, belief systems, civil and societal issues. Our disagreements are strong in some cases. I don't lose respect for them if they are sincere and their viewpoints have some factual or logical basis, no matter how much I may find those lacking. I acknowledge that (1) I may be wrong, and/or (2) there may be more than a single right answer to a vexatious question.

As to your final sentence, majorities do not necessarily hold the moral or legal or ethical high ground.

Peace to you.
If only more people would adopt this stance. in the face of political differences....

Last edited:
I just lost all respect for Dawn Staley. In her final four interview today she said she was for transgender biological males competing in women's basketball. I know some agree with her, but most think it's wrong.

There are individuals with what is called "intersex" who many would consider as transgender. They may appear as females at birth and be raised as females but never fully develop sexually as females or as adult males. They often have internal but undeveloped testicles which means they may test as XY males. Gender is not always easily defined.

"Here we observe Clay Travis doing his favorite thing...taking a mole hill and presenting it as if it were a giant mountain." Nothing like Twitter-fresh faux outrage.
Personally think it needs to be said
She’s the leader of the top WOMANS ncaa team in the country but she doesn’t support true women’s sports
Ridiculous

I mean, she's one of the faces of the sport, so her opinion on the matter isn't necessarily a mole hill.
It's happened in two instances that I'm aware of...one person in women's swimming and one in some sort of small semi-pro women's golf league (neither should've been allowed, IMO). Two. Considering sports as a whole, that's a mole hill...but that's just my thoughts.

Reactions: Devo182
What person with a fully functioning brain would let their personal politics prevent them from hiring the best coach in the game if she was interested. Nonsensical post.
Because physical men playing against women isn’t PERSONAL…it affects the whole product.

So is prefacing women with "biological". Men with mental illnesses playing dress up aren't women in any sense of the word.
Really? Staley is advocating for men to play against women and you're criticizing me for being against it on behalf of women?

I used "biological" because I didn't want a nutjob on the other side to start that argument and nitpick.

Edit: Btw - You have a great username. Big fan of of brookies.

VN Store

Back