Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Yea thats it..deep stuff Dink..I have tens of thousands of hours playing and studying music. Apply yourself one day and maybe you would as well. Over and Out.

I've also played my whole life, have published music, and my vinyl collection takes up three walls in my study.

Not sure towards what someone like you could tell someone like me to apply myself, if we're being honest here.

Have you listened to ANY music genre in then past 20 years? To single out rap is comical.
I absolutely hate going to the gym anymore because the 'music' they are playing is all about the production side of things. Autotuned voices and two chord vamps (they really aren't even vamps) with drum machines just don't cut it for me. But you do you. I have higher standards. But my desire to stay in shape has me put up with it.

I'm sure dink will enter this particular chat and inform me how "Boomers" just don't get it.

I absolutely hate going to the gym anymore because the 'music' they are playing is all about the production side of things. Autotuned voices and two chord vamps with drum machines just don't cut it for me. But you do you. I have higher standards. But my desire to stay in shape has me put up with it.

I'm sure dink will enter this particular chat and inform me how "Boomers" just don't get it.
There is good music being made in all genres and there is crappy music being made in all genres. It seems people reach a point where they'd rather not look and just be lazy listening to the good ol' days.

Between this, and the mint chocolate chip ice cream advice, I'm starting to wonder if you should be my life coach. But then I remember you had a fling with the guy from the Sixth Sense
Obviously, I am coming in during the middle of this but dude, WTF?

Reactions: AM64

That scene after this was amazing. When he takes his hatchet/tomahawk and continues to wail on the dude long after he gave up the ghost...they had just murdered his son for Petes sake. He was like an animal in that scene and i completely understand. I like the Patriot movie better than Braveheart honestly.

That scene after this was amazing. When he takes his hatchet/tomahawk and continues to wail on the dude long after he gave up the ghost...they had just murdered his son for Petes sake. He was like an animal in that scene and i completely understand. I like the Patriot movie better than Braveheart honestly.
1711471079649.gif

I absolutely hate going to the gym anymore because the 'music' they are playing is all about the production side of things. Autotuned voices and two chord vamps (they really aren't even vamps) with drum machines just don't cut it for me. But you do you. I have higher standards. But my desire to stay in shape has me put up with it.

When has gym music ever been good? Did you prefer the days of Donna Summer, or the era of Creed?

It's a general rule that boomers don't get it, but this is just a case of you detesting an entire genre of music, and possibly a vessel for disliking modern black culture as a whole.

When has gym music ever been good? Did you prefer the days of Donna Summer, or the era of Creed?

It's a general rule that boomers don't get it, but this is just a case of you detesting an entire genre of music, and possibly a vessel for disliking modern black culture as a whole.

Not a boomer nor do I like modern rap.

You give me 80s and 90s rap with Eazy E, Dre, NWA, Beasty Boys, Snoop, Biggie, Tupac, Eminem and the like and I'm good. Even "mainstream" rappers like Mix-a-Lot, LL Cool J and Big Daddy Kane made original stuff that's better than the garbage put out today.

I think the entire industry took a dive after Eminem honestly. There is nothing new worth mentioning after him for the most part.

Reactions: Sea Ray and hog88
Not a boomer nor do I like modern rap.

You give me 80s and 90s rap with Eazy E, Dre, NWA, Beasty Boys, Snoop, Biggie, Tupac, Eminem and the like and I'm good. Even "mainstream" rappers like Mix-a-Lot, LL Cool J and Big Daddy Kane made original stuff that's better than the garbage put out today.

I think the entire industry took a dive after Eminem honestly. There is nothing new worth mentioning after him for the most part.

Sorry man but there's plenty of great stuff that's been made since Eminem dropped off.

It's okay to admit you have no desire to seek it. I don't know why this is a recurring theme with white dudes over 40 lol.

And I'm sorry but Mix A Lot? Really? Really??? That whole list is just a top 10 name drop, brother. You forgot the Sugarhill Gang while quoting that compilation CD from the QVC channel 🤣

Reactions: Carl Pickens
You know what's worse than being proved wrong by a wife? Being proved wrong by a wife with an addled mind. She has been telling me there was a transport chair in the garage that I didn't find when she was going to give it to a friend some time ago. Went out today to look for a shower stool and there was a big blue box with "DRIVE" on the side ... and "Transport Chair". The one I ordered is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Took her to therapy this morning and it was painful watching her follow some simple directions, but long term memory is still there. She fully understands her problem, the cause, the mechanism, etc; but she can't reliably handle her own meds or get around. One of the worst parts is recognizing when her mind is on track and when she's lost in space but still sounds rational. The mobility part is like trying to deal with somebody that has had way way too much to drink.

VN Store

Back