Recruiting Football Talk VII

UNC lost to GT (14-18 record), Clempson (21-10) and Syracuse, (they lost by 36 to Syracuse). We beat Syracuse by 17.

UNC is 25-6
We are 24-7, in a tougher conference.

UNC beat us at their place. That's really the only thing better, they've done. ACC is down, so I don't get why they are a #1 seed and we ain't.

The talking heads' discussion had been Arizona #1 over TN, now it's UNC should be ahead of TN. 🤷

The goal posts get moved a lot when the VOLS are involved..... in anything.
If you examine everything through the lens of money it makes sense. If you are looking through the lens of fairness sportsmanship you will be more frustrated than a toothless fella trying to get a role in toothpaste commercial.
UNC draws more eyeballs and tv ratings are king. The networks make money off of advertising which is dictated by ratings. College football makes its money through tv contracts with the networks. Storylines and matchups make money and that is what it is about, not competition and fairness. Once that is understood, all one has to do is employ the willing suspension of disbelief and and you can watch sports like a twelve year-old again.

I lived in Boulder for 6 years and my experience was different. The winters were brutally cold and snowy. But they would be interspersed with really nice days so it was more tolerable.
Yeah, agree

Colorado is full of micro climates. My business is in Boulder and I drive there every day

It is totally different next to the Flat Irons than it is where I live in DTC

Though do love those CU coeds walking Pearl Street in their sun dresses

Last edited:
Generic brand. I got three teenage girls and a wife. I can't afford name brand anything. "Laughing Out Loud"
Completely understand, though my 9kdest is 24 now. Still have a 19 year old in college, and a 16 year old that just started driving. I haven't had money for years 🤣.

McGill

I have lived in Denver since 2012

It is actually a high prairie desert. We do have one week per year that is brutal. Back in January it was minus 13

And tomorrow it is supposed to snow 16 inches. Why I have a flight tonight to a Mexico beach town. Lobster street tacos, tequila in a beachside bar, string bikini clad sinoritas that do not speak English. My kind of town

But for the most part, Denver is remarkably temperate. Not too hot in the summer; not too cold in the winter
Hope the cartel doesn't behead you and leave your body in the desert.

Last edited:
Yeah, agree

Colorado is full of micro climates. My business is in Boulder and I drive there every day

Well in Tennessee you could stand in your yard and experience four seasons in one day.

Completely understand, though my 9kdest is 24 now. Still have a 19 year old in college, and a 16 year old that just started driving. I haven't had money for years 🤣.
Roughly the same boat. 18 y/o in college, 16 y/o taking her driver's test on Friday, and a 15 y/o taking her permit test soon. Money? What's that? lol

I do not understand your question

Denver is a vibrant, mid-sized city of 6 million with a vigorously growing economy. Amazing food options because of its diverse culture. Less than an hour from 6 of the best ski resorts in the world. 30 minutes drive from some of the best hiking ever. Liberal attitude, but close enough to the real conservatives in the rural parts if that is your bag
I was just playing on the typo you since corrected.

Originally it read "living in Denver sin"

Just having some fun with you!

Yeah, agree

Yeah, I was a grad student at CU and when the weather got warm…oh my.

Reactions: PYSCHO
McGill

It is actually a high prairie desert. We do have one week per year that is brutal. Back in January it was minus 13

And tomorrow it is supposed to snow 16 inches. Why I have a flight tonight to a Mexico beach town. Lobster street tacos, tequila in a beachside bar, string bikini clad sinoritas that do not speak English. My kind of town

But for the most part, Denver is remarkably temperate. Not too hot in the summer; not too cold in the winter
sounds like a fun place to be single.

Denver was a larger Asheville to me. Desination City, too much congestion. Happy place for extroverts.

Have fun on your trip bru. Stay safe.

Roughly the same boat. 18 y/o in college, 16 y/o taking her driver's test on Friday, and a 15 y/o taking her permit test soon. Money? What's that? lol
Having all girls I was always expecting to spend money, no offense to any ladies. New dresses for easter, dances, proms and other stuff, it was the boyfriend stuff I didn't/don't like 🤣. I knew that was coming, but still didn't like it. Oldest is married now, great guy, and I have zero doubts he loves her and will take care of her. Still don't like it🤣

I was just playing on the typo you since corrected.

Originally it read "living in Denver sin"

Just having some fun with you!
I deserve all the ridicule you diss out for my bad typing

I really should have taken typing in HS. I am very advanced hunt and peck on the keyboard

Reactions: KB5252
McGill

They don't need to speak English to laugh and tell you "No".

VN Store

Back