Game Thread: Tennessee (16-10, 9-5 SEC) vs Texas A&M (18-9, 6-8 SEC) 2/29/24 7:00 pm EST SEC Network

If she did score 40 SC still should win they are that good and you know that. We both know that Kellie is not going to out coach Dawn or anyone else and you know it’s time for a coaching change. She had subs coming in as soon as she could tonight a good coach would have put this game out of hand by halftime A&M is not a good team. Kellie will never get the players she needs to win a championship
I just know Rickea talked about getting a lick back after losing to a team, I know our roster isn’t that good but I know we can beat them, I’m not like everyone else that thinks Sc is unbeatable, I’ve seen enough of them to know they aren’t what most people think they are.

If vandy had a couple of good bigs to play down low they would be better team. In a few years Ralph might be a pretty good coach but I think it’s going to have to be at another program besides at Vandy
Like any coach I watch,,,year 5 it is all her players and staff...that is the D-Day(year) for me for coaches

For a year that has been portrayed as a disaster, it is interesting how well we actually played at home during the SEC games this year. Almost all our games were wins by near double digits or more except games against SC and LSU, and both of those were tied at some point during the 4th quarter. The team is no way playing like a bubble team. Also, you would never guess from some posters here how the crowds this year have been very supportive of the LVs, with several standing ovations, defense chants and increased attendance compared to the last couple of years. The team has also improved during the year dramatically in defense, rebounding, and assist:turnover ratio. They are many things that keep from being a potentially great team, which include overall talent, team speed, and most games having a quarter with really poor defense. Nevertheless, I think this team deserves support, has come a long way since how truly pitiful they looked early in the season, and would have likely beaten some teams at home that were ranked (11-25) toward the end of the season had they the chance. The fact that they stayed close for most of the game against perhaps the two most talented teams in the country is also nothing to sneer at. Hope we continue the upward trajectory for the tournaments.

I just know Rickea talked about getting a lick back after losing to a team, I know our roster isn’t that good but I know we can beat them, I’m not like everyone else that thinks Sc is unbeatable, I’ve seen enough of them to know they aren’t what most people think they are.
They may not be unbeatable but we sure ain’t be them.

Me too
Always did like that kid
Think with Marta redshirt she has two years left after this year.
Tess should have redshirt her freshmen year
Kellie said more than once TESS was limited in practicing her Freshmen year
Heard Tess Darby said once she's gets that year back
So said there's a good chance she be back.

Back to Marta seen a game early in the season they said she was the cal bears leading scorer. On offense she was PLAYING 1/2 guard and she posted up some.
On defense she guarded the guards/wings and if they rested their post Marta helped the other big guard the other teams 4/5
Most important the speed of when she played guard for Spain was back.
I watch some of her YouTube games when she was a vol

Hope they fixed it where non USA players count not sign NIL deals in American
That's way Tennessee had her meat with people when Marta was with Tennessee out of the American land area.

Unusual game, but fun. Nice win, very nice Sr night. Really relieved no one got hurt.

Joni Taylor has made a pure mess. I know they're missing Rogers, but that is a team completely without discipline and as crazily and intentionally rough as I've ever seen. They held, hooked, elbowed, chopped, pushed and then cried about it. I'm glad that bunch is in the rear view mirror. They could still do us a solid and beat Bama Sunday but I doubt it.

I'm worried about JP continuing to be in a bit of a funk. Needs to snap out of it quickly. Good to have Jewel back in the land of the living, also good to see her handling the ball more in light of JP's struggles. Now let's see Jewel step up against elite competition. TK had some really nice moves tonight, she's still getting better.

So glad to see Rickea go out on a classic Rickea performance. Love to see a player like that just take things over and pretty much end them. Such smooth moves! There are still way too many long stretches where we can't or don't get her the ball. I agree with Dark Phoenix who always says RJ is too unselfish. OTOH, it's been nice to see her all round game develop. She's become an excellent passer and that will help her alot in the W.

Rickea has usually played very well in the SEC tourney. Hopefully she can stay on a roll. I don't hate the extra game we'll get with the 5th seed. Keep it respectable Sunday then win 2 at the SEC. A rematch w Bama next Friday should be a really good game, another chance to get our lick back.

Last edited:
Key has definitely got better as the season went on- Not saying she is as she was, but she is better than most, even at 75 percent. Rickea is an NBA star. The rest are streaky, but when they are on, they are decent players, as long as they don't stand around and watch. I am not a fan of Powell--ball hog/dumbo shots-- she didn't do much last night-- maybe they got onto her.

Anyway, I think if they get into the tournament as an eight seed (as Charlie says) or 6-7, they could definitely be spoilers. I wouldn't want to play them. It would be like running into Kentucky or SC in the men's league--probably won't have the best seed but you don't want them in your bracket.

VN Store

Back