Kentucky fans/media losing their minds over "back to back home losses."

Flags are at half mask and I understand their is a prayer vigil statewide for the program

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The Kentucky chat rooms were all pretty hacked that Cal blew off the post game radio show after last night's debacle in Rupp. They tend to view Cal as a G league coach, completely disinterested in tradition and their university, simply porting uber talented players through the Big Blue process to the League, minting young millionaires in the process, few which have any significant ties to UK after they are gone.

Lots of comments regarding their AD, that signed such a coaching deal when Cal (as was Barnes) was flirting with the UCLA job and the lifetime deal cobbled togather by "Barney"

I have neighbors who are Ky fans and they wouldn't even wave back at me when I would wave while walking my dog so I stopped trying to be friendly. UK license plates, UK window decals and even saw him come out one morning in UK pajamas. UK asshat.
Maybe today is a good day to go 9ver and win their friendship? 😆

Not since 2015 it seems.
I hate them as much as anyone, but they lost in the Elite Eight on a buzzer-beater in 2017 and in OT in 2019, and lost in the waning seconds of the Sweet Sixteen in 2018, so they could very well have had a couple more Final Fours since then. They have been garbage in March the last three seasons.

I hope they keep him around, but Kentucky could do better. That program is vastly underachieving.

I hate them as much as anyone, but they lost in the Elite Eight on a buzzer-beater in 2017 and in OT in 2019, and lost in the waning seconds of the Sweet Sixteen in 2018, so they could very well have had a couple more Final Fours since then. They have been garbage in March the last three seasons.
But they have Final 4 talent every year. Not making the Final 4 since 2015 is insane at UK and with their recruiting rankings. I agree that the last few years have been the roughest.

"Calipari is a misfit and history will record him as the worst hire in UK basketball history [...]"
A whole new level of UK stupidity. In their entire history, only these coaches won more overall % when coaching multiple seasons and he brought them a national championship. Only four other of their coaches did that as well.

Attachments

• uk.png
    uk.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 49
Fielding a good team is about a lot more than raw talent. It takes guys who have a good work ethic, and who intentionally find a good chemistry, and are all pulling toward the same goal. In addition to a good strategist (typically the head coach), you’ve got to have a few good leaders in the locker room to enforce the points above.

I’m not at all surprised that year-in year-out rosters of one and dones rarely achieve to their combined potential.

VN Store

Back