Kentucky fans/media losing their minds over "back to back home losses."

Voltopia

Score fast, score hard, no mercy.
The sensitivity UK fans have over not being the bestest ever of all times at basketball is just a five care pileup of comedy gold. You think they're entitled down in Tuscaloosa? Hold my beer, Kentucky basketball fans are here. They're practically besides themselves over the fact they lost back to back games. And don't even start them on the idea of Gonzaga beating them at home next week. Kentucky has never lost three consecutive games at home, and they'll be damned if they accept that. Yada yada, so on, so forth. Just utterly hilarious to see them have to deal with even the prospet of having only an above-average year.

Remember Matt Jones? Mr. "Tennessee will never be relevant in football again" himself, who ran around on ESPN chortling about how Tennessee would never again be a great program? He's absolutely adamant that Kentucky's current state is unacceptable. Again, their team is 15-6, but it is completely unacceptable. "We are playing at a level that is not the Kentucky standard."

But why stop there? Let's take a peek in the ol' Rupp's Rafters to see how it's going -

"We could make the Final Four with Calipari this year and I’d still want him gone."

"Calipari is a misfit and history will record him as the worst hire in UK basketball history [...]"

"They can do whatever they want, but after 45 years it’s it for me. I don’t even recognize what I’m watching anymore. It’s certainly not Kentucky Basketball."

"Force him out: stop going to games, stop watching them, boo him."

If I had been the AD or the President of UK, I would have told he will issue an apology asap, and I would have told the team, if there is another incident like that one, that the season will be shut down and they will not be living in the basketball lodge."

"It is going get EXTREMELY rough on him from EVERYONE now. National media, local media, fans, boosters, etc are going to BASH away on him and it is not going to let up."

"UK Basketball is a dead man walking! I refuse to spend another dime or anything UK related until Cal is gone!"

"Shouldn't come as a surprise, Calipari's been losing to inferior coaches for years"

"The fact that as Kentucky fans we are even having a discussion about making the tournament says a lot."

"It is a scary time to be a UK fan. It has never been this bad. Not Sutton, Not Tubby, Not Billy Clyde. This is the pits of hell engulfing a program."

"He has earned my hatred. Downright hateful disgust at that man."

"There just sin't any justification for this season and the way Cal has handled it. The record is awful and completely unacceptable."

"Weak wimps all of them. Especially Askew and Boston."

Again, just to underline the point - they're 15-6. How the population of Kentucky wasn't cut in half by that 9-16 year is beyond me.

The last time they had a problem they solved it by trying to find the best coach in America and gave him the biggest contract ever seen in college basketball. In other words buy their way back. They even stole 2 recruits from Memphis to get them started. All they have proven is you can't take 6 or 7 - 5 star, one and done, first round pick players every year and win the NCAA championship. The continuous rub is that I have never seen them recruit a player for his defensive prowess, other than shot blocking. There are 2 sides to every basketball court and you can't learn how to play defense in 6 months.

The sensitivity UK fans have over not being the bestest ever of all times at basketball is just a five care pileup of comedy gold. You think they're entitled down in Tuscaloosa? Hold my beer, Kentucky basketball fans are here. They're practically besides themselves over the fact they lost back to back games. And don't even start them on the idea of Gonzaga beating them at home next week. Kentucky has never lost three consecutive games at home, and they'll be damned if they accept that. Yada yada, so on, so forth. Just utterly hilarious to see them have to deal with even the prospet of having only an above-average year.

Remember Matt Jones? Mr. "Tennessee will never be relevant in football again" himself, who ran around on ESPN chortling about how Tennessee would never again be a great program? He's absolutely adamant that Kentucky's current state is unacceptable. Again, their team is 15-6, but it is completely unacceptable. "We are playing at a level that is not the Kentucky standard."

But why stop there? Let's take a peek in the ol' Rupp's Rafters to see how it's going -

"We could make the Final Four with Calipari this year and I’d still want him gone."

"Calipari is a misfit and history will record him as the worst hire in UK basketball history [...]"

"They can do whatever they want, but after 45 years it’s it for me. I don’t even recognize what I’m watching anymore. It’s certainly not Kentucky Basketball."

If I had been the AD or the President of UK, I would have told he will issue an apology asap, and I would have told the team, if there is another incident like that one, that the season will be shut down and they will not be living in the basketball lodge."

"It is going get EXTREMELY rough on him from EVERYONE now. National media, local media, fans, boosters, etc are going to BASH away on him and it is not going to let up."

"UK Basketball is a dead man walking! I refuse to spend another dime or anything UK related until Cal is gone!"

"Shouldn't come as a surprise, Calipari's been losing to inferior coaches for years"

"The fact that as Kentucky fans we are even having a discussion about making the tournament says a lot."

"It is a scary time to be a UK fan. It has never been this bad. Not Sutton, Not Tubby, Not Billy Clyde. This is the pits of hell engulfing a program."

"There just sin't any justification for this season and the way Cal has handled it. The record is awful and completely unacceptable."

Again, just to underline the point - they're 15-6. How the population of Kentucky wasn't cut in half by that 9-16 year is beyond me.

I was reading some of their posts and they think that AD Barnhart will make a Billy Clyde hire if Calipari is fired at the end of this season.

Seriously bro? I'm all for passionate fandom and even being somewhat upset over a loss (granted most people are able to take a step back and realize its just a game)........but Barnes an inferior coach? Negative.....he's at the minimum "comparable" to Cal.......these Kats need to come back to reality.

They certainly aren’t what they were, but the rest of the SEC is also much better. So, not sure they are ever going to be what they were and they need to accept that, or they will be even more miserable.

Reactions: vols1221
I was there at the game last night! First road basketball game. Second row from top of RUPP midcourt! Great atmosphere! The Kentucky fans and people were really nice to our group of 4. Was surprised. We did not hang out long after game, very few Tennessee Fans there. We walked down to bottom level and the ushers/security were, talking about Calipari and bad mouthing real bad , they are definitely getting tired of him up there. So glad we won!

I’d be upset too after watching this happen to my coach0548AD0B-1B45-4FDA-BA01-6AE09A72B9B3.jpeg

Last edited:
Kentucky fans can holler all they want. But as long as they do not play defense, they will not go far. Tennessee, South Carolina played defense and got physical with them. The reason Kentucky fans are so fired up about basketball, is there is nothing else in the state of Kentucky to root for except horses. The only reason Kentucky stayed close to Tennessee Saturday night was because of Dillingham.

Kentucky basketball fans are quite literally the worst in all of college sports. Bama fans are genteel, Rhodes Scholars in comparison.
Agree 100% - scum of the Earth. I wouldn’t piss on any of them if they were on fire. The entire fan base is a disgusting, abhorrent, entitled flaming pile of sh!t.

And I even went to church today.

Kentucky fans can holler all they want. But as long as they do not play defense, they will not go far. Tennessee, South Carolina played defense and got physical with them. The reason Kentucky fans are so fired up about basketball, is there is nothing else in the state of Kentucky to root for except horses. The only reason Kentucky stayed close to Tennessee Saturday night was because of Dillingham.
No, there's not.

I have neighbors who are Ky fans and they wouldn't even wave back at me when I would wave while walking my dog so I stopped trying to be friendly. UK license plates, UK window decals and even saw him come out one morning in UK pajamas. UK asshat.

VN Store

Back