Recruiting Football Talk VII

Drive by---

I assume TAMU buying their team (I'm sure everything was done legal to the letter), Dabo filming himself flying on a private jet with three other recuits, the Olineman talking about Iowa contacting him midseason, the other kid interviewed talking about how 5 schools contacted him with dollar amounts if he entered the portal, and mountains of other evidence will be part of our defense in court? It's absolutely hilarious the amount of similar evidence that is all over media and yet they are picking on us...

Oh, and F Reece Davis- anything that comes out of that jack-leg's mouth is trash. He tipped his hand (we already knew) how much he hates TN when he left us off the final poll at the end of the season, and kept Iowa on at #17...

Hopefully sooner than later the NCAA will be dead.

Will be interesting to see if any other programs jump on board in the lawsuit.

Donde is HIM...

The University of Tennessee isn't even part of the lawsuit. It's a state case. There very well could be other states join in.

And yes.....Donde is doing a fantastic job!

Drive by---

I assume TAMU buying their team (I'm sure everything was done legal to the letter), Dabo filming himself flying on a private jet with three other recuits, the Olineman talking about Iowa contacting him midseason, the other kid interviewed talking about how 5 schools contacted him with dollar amounts if he entered the portal, and mountains of other evidence will be part of our defense in court? It's absolutely hilarious the amount of similar evidence that is all over media and yet they are picking on us...

Oh, and F Reece Davis- anything that comes out of that jack-leg's mouth is trash. He tipped his hand (we already knew) how much he hates TN when he left us off the final poll at the end of the season, and kept Iowa on at #17...

Donde is HIM...
Report is that the number of schools under NIL investigation by the NCAA is in "double digits". The question is, would that be 11 or 99? Is the NCAA turning to consume its own members in a last ditch effort to prove they are still the beloved leader?

Drive by---

Donde is HIM...
And screw Will Muschamp too!...no particular reason-he just sucks

Sick em Danny!!!!!!

Me for Danny and Donde:

Run Through A Brick Wall GIFs | Tenor

Sorry, don't mean to harass or double down, but if I'm reading correctly, both you and @jave36 seem to be confusing this? UT will probably never make this argument in court, as UT isn't in court about this. My hope is that UT will never make the defensive case that, "We paid them NIL and it was OK because..."

UT is fighting the NCAA in an NCAA investigation. They may one day take the NCAA to court against their enforcement. But I suspect that'd be facts-based arguments about the Spyre contract, plane rides, and the like. It'd be just the opposite of this line of argument--i.e. "Look, we never paid the athlete a penny in NIL!"

The AG case is about these principles, independent of UT.

However, if the AG case wins it'll affect UT's investigation, as the entire NCAA investigation will be seeking to enforce unconstitutional rules.
The last part is the winner here, it effectively ends the ncaa’s flimsy regulation on NIL

Sorry, don't mean to harass or double down, but if I'm reading correctly, both you and @jave36 seem to be confusing this? UT will probably never make this argument in court, as UT isn't in court about this. My hope is that UT will never make the defensive case that, "We paid them NIL and it was OK because..."

UT is fighting the NCAA in an NCAA investigation. They may one day take the NCAA to court against their enforcement. But I suspect that'd be facts-based arguments about the Spyre contract, plane rides, and the like. It'd be just the opposite of this line of argument--i.e. "Look, we never paid the athlete a penny in NIL!"

The AG case is about these principles, independent of UT.

However, if the AG case wins it'll affect UT's investigation, as the entire NCAA investigation will be seeking to enforce unconstitutional rules.
My thoughts on the matter from a high level.

The NCAA is tasked with preventing pay-for-play. But Alston forces them to allow NIL. Effectively, this means it is not possible for them to prevent pay-for-play. For all of the reasons you and others have mentioned. They cannot effectively distinguish between the two. Hell, they said as much themselves during the Alston case.

What we have now is an NCAA that is attempting to enforce ad hoc rules it has no legal authority to enforce, and some bizzaro world where to bypass the rules, we just find a third party to pay players and say it isn't for football, it's actually for pajama pants or whatever dumb **** AP said on the pod this week.

I don't have a problem with college football being an amateur sport from a moral perspective. But here's the thing... It's over. The NCAA can't admit it's over because they are all out of a job the next day. But it's over. What we need to do now is replace the NCAA, make football players and men's basketball players University employees, and get rid of this ridiculous NIL business.

February 1, 2004

On Feb. 1, 2004, Justin Timberlake caused a media and political firestorm when he ripped Janet Jackson’s breast cup off her bustier and her right breast spilled out of her corset at the end of their “Rock Your Body” performance. For a fraction of a second, 71,000 fans in the stands and 11 million people at home saw her bare breast.

Timberlake stood beside Jackson stoically, while Jackson hastily covered herself with her left hand. The camera went wide, fireworks were released and pandemonium ensued.

View attachment 616663
And thus was born the term, "wardrobe malfunction". And now you know..... the rest of the story.

VN Store

Back