Recruiting Football Talk VII

Amateurism was dead as soon as the Supreme Court told them never to show up in front of them again.

You do understand that..right?

At that moment..CFB as a whole should have understood they would have to change the paradigm quickly...because profiting off of players without compensating them was at an end then.

I don't like that amateurism in CFB as an ideal is dead, but it is what it is.. @Orange_Crush is right.
And covid gave the conferences a taste of autonomy, and they liked it. The NCAA sat on their hands during covid and conferences did what they wanted. During the most recent conference alignment the NCAA was cut totally out of the loop.
So as our orange brethren in Syracuse used to chant, "It's all over boom, boom,....boom, boom, boom."

Reminds me of when someone here or on Volquest thought the lyrics:

Strangers ain’t come down from Rocky Top
Reckon they never will

meant that the strangers liked it so much they decided to stay and live there. Someone else was like, “No, that’s not what it means.”

Reminds me of when someone here or on Volquest thought the lyrics:

Strangers ain’t come down from Rocky Top
Reckon they never will

meant that the strangers liked it so much they decided to stay and live there. Someone else was like, “No, that’s not what it means.”
Think again, fed boy.

damn at the ~9:45 or so mark the AG of the great state of Tennessee implies the NCAA has been rigging things for years now... almost like we fans have eyes too and can literally see it happening before us
Agree. Which makes the posters who want to follow the company line of "nothing to see here" look foolish. The ones who want it to remain are working against progress to rid the system of corruption.This mess has been rigged for decades. Denial does not change truth.

Until there are two separately operated entities that handle the student athlete experience in compliance with settled law we will have this cluster. One entity for the academics, another for the sports/business. Neither authority should be passed to or be superior to the other.

The NCAA model should be burned at the stake along with the corrupt snakes within being thrown into the fire.

FWIW, I 100% support NIL and the transfer portal. I want the market to determine where this goes. Eventually cost/benefit analysis will determine value and related compensation.

I think we all know why they chose Tennessee.......come on people. All this takes place after Saban retires. And it just so happens that it's about the QB that he went all in on in 23 but lost the recruiting battle over NIL. This is all Saban folks
At this point Saban could give a rat's fat hairy one way or another. If you think Saban cares about Alabubba now that he's not the man you're mistaken. It was never about Alabama, LSU, or Mich. St., it was about Nick Saban. Nick and Kiffin have a lot in common.

February 1, 2004

On Feb. 1, 2004, Justin Timberlake caused a media and political firestorm when he ripped Janet Jackson’s breast cup off her bustier and her right breast spilled out of her corset at the end of their “Rock Your Body” performance. For a fraction of a second, 71,000 fans in the stands and 11 million people at home saw her bare breast.

Timberlake stood beside Jackson stoically, while Jackson hastily covered herself with her left hand. The camera went wide, fireworks were released and pandemonium ensued.

1706794084732.png

Last edited:
Amateurism was dead as soon as the Supreme Court told them never to show up in front of them again.

You do understand that..right?

At that moment..CFB as a whole should have understood they would have to change the paradigm quickly...because profiting off of players without compensating them was at an end then.

I don't like that amateurism in CFB as an ideal is dead, but it is what it is.. @Orange_Crush is right.
I think to me the boiled down version, if I understand the deets.

Punishing my dog for eating the Cat Food two years after it happens, is confusing as hell.

We did what we thought was right according to our lawyers, at that time. You cannot modify the rules of a sport and retroactively enforce them.

If they're saying we broke impermissible benefits. We can easily show singling out, a history of cooperation, self implemented punishments, and absolute helter skelter enforcement.

This is NOTHING short of an example being made of the one school that cooperated. We ARE being punished for cooperating and because the NCAA is so inconceivably bad at their jobs, they try to show their teeth to only those that play ball.

It is my sincere hope that courts look at the body of our compliance, and look at the NCAA as the near defunct organization it is. NCAA is more concerned with itself, and us have our kids' best interests ahead of our own.

This is about retribution for not getting the desired sentence previously, about its incompetence in not seeing NIL & doing anything about it, and setting an example to others. Its a witchhunt, and we are the bait.

Tennessee has made this rightly about the SA, and less about them. That is their ace.

At this point Saban could give a rat's fat hairy one way or another. If you think Saban cares about Alabubba now that he's not the man you're mistaken. It was never about Alabama, LSU, or Mich. St., it was about Nick Saban. Nick and Kiffin have a lot in common.
I agree and the word is that Saban was the main SEC coach to vote for federal regulations on NIL. I can definitely see Saban trying to report schools to NCAA. Don't be surprised if Saban is working in the backgrounds with NCAA on this matter. The fact that the basis of this investigation is over Nico and Spyre Sports.....all Saban

I almost suspect Saban is looking forward to seeing a Bama decline. If it continues its trajectory, appearances are that anyone can do it at Bama. If they fall off, he's the secret sauce and the best coach in the history of NCAAF.

I think we all know why they chose Tennessee.......come on people. All this takes place after Saban retires. And it just so happens that it's about the QB that he went all in on in 23 but lost the recruiting battle over NIL. This is all Saban folks
LA Vol made it pretty clear this was a vendetta from the whole NCAA because they did not get a bigger pound of flesh the last go around. Now I do believe Saban is the personification of cronyism, and that reflects the deeper issue here. When the money was hidden and enforcement was arbitrary they and Saban had a lot more sway. Eff em.

I don’t know if it has been discussed here but Adam Sparks was on Basilio yesterday. He said that we shouldn’t be surprised if we wake up and find that the NCAA has suspended Nico. It will likely be their next move. Then he said that we shouldn’t be surprised to see Tennessee give them the double Gaulden’s and play him anyway.

I think they thought we would be an easy payday and would facilitate them trying to look powerful. They miscalculated our wilingness to throw our own program under the bus.

I don’t know if it has been discussed here but Adam Sparks was on Basilio yesterday. He said that we shouldn’t be surprised if we wake up and find that the NCAA has suspended Nico. It will likely be their next move. Then he said that we shouldn’t be surprised to see Tennessee give them the double Gaulden’s and play him anyway.
I absolutely believe that’s the next step they’re going to take. And I hope we do give them two 🖕🏾🖕🏾

I think to me the boiled down version, if I understand the deets.

Punishing my dog for eating the Cat Food two years after it happens, is confusing as hell.

We did what we thought was right according to our lawyers, at that time. You cannot modify the rules of a sport and retroactively enforce them.

If they're saying we broke impermissible benefits. We can easily show singling out, a history of cooperation, self implemented punishments, and absolute helter skelter enforcement.

This is NOTHING short of an example being made of the one school that cooperated. We ARE being punished for cooperating and because the NCAA is so inconceivably bad at their jobs, they try to show their teeth to only those that play ball.

It is my sincere hope that courts look at the body of our enforcement, and look at the NCAA as the near defunct organization it is.

This is about retribution for not getting the desired sentence previously, about its incompetence in not seeing NIL & doing anything about it, and setting an example to others. Its a witchhunt, and we are the bait.

Tennessee has made this rightly about the SA, and less about them. That is their ace.
While all your points above I believe are valid, just so people aren’t confused, the suit brought by TN and VA is just an anti-trust suit. It’s argument is that, for antitrust purposes, the NCAA is not permitted to sanction NIL for current student athletes, but restrict it for prospective student athletes (or current student athletes looking to transfer).

Reactions: Volunteer821

VN Store

Back