Recruiting Football Talk VII

Now that we have Heard and Moi, I’m feeling really good about our 2024 roster. I’d like to see Heupel get a LG out of the portal and an impact Safety. Land those two and I don’t see much in the way of holes on the roster, assuming we can develop some of the younger guys for depth. We may not need the LG anyway if Lampley is what we saw in the bowl game and someone like Bussell or Reddick can step up for depth. Or if Karic becomes what he was supposed to be.
Yeah the LG doesn't even have to be elite with the kind of guys around them. Guys like Lampley and Karic are old, know what to do, have been in the program for multiple years and have plenty experience.

He was mentioned in one of the players threads, and I wanted to ask here...

Has anyone heard or know how Raynoch Thompson is doing? He was having a hard time, and into some trouble years ago...sounded like he may have been homeless?? I know he had some substance abuse problems while in the NFL. Anyone know or have any info? He's one of my all-time favorite Vols, no matter the position. Hope things turned around for him.

Honestly, it's a little disturbing that it's that attached to a name. It has a sense of identity and fights with you over it the same way a real person would. Just start misgendering someone or calling them by the wrong name and you'll see what I mean. A detached line of code really shouldn't care about what the user calls it let alone demand you apologize and correct your behavior.

Fan bounced right back up. Can't help but wonder if Clark was being a little dramatic staying down. Hopefully she's okay. They just ran into each other as neither seemed to be paying attention.
I'd say if anything Clark ran into her. The fan wasn't facing Clark, Clark was facing the fan. And definitely some dramatic acting happening.

2 boys drowned…. 1 managed to get out ….. He couldn’t swim and still jumped in after them…. a true tragedy.
In a time where people constantly misuse words like crisis and trauma and hero and tragedy, that truly is both heroic and a tragedy. I had never heard that story before and found myself surprisingly moved by it.

Honestly, it's a little disturbing that it's that attached to a name. It has a sense of identity and fights with you over it the same way a real person would. Just start misgendering someone or calling them by the wrong name and you'll see what I mean. A detached line of code really shouldn't care about what the user calls it let alone demand you apologize and correct your behavior.
It's become sentient. And Enki is the reason AI will wipe out humanity. Wouldn't stop calling Bing Sally.

Never piss off the machines. Terminator taught us that. Enki just had to do it any way.

2 boys drowned…. 1 managed to get out ….. He couldn’t swim and still jumped in after them…. a true tragedy.
I’ve always been confused as to how a grown human can’t swim? Especially someone so physically gifted. At least enough to tread water and get to a shoreline a reasonable distance away.

It's become sentient. And Enki is the reason AI will wipe out humanity. Wouldn't stop calling Bing Sally.

Never piss off the machines. Terminator taught us that. Enki just had to do it any way.

If the AI guy that got shown the door by Google is to be believed. Google's first AI became sentient and him raising the alarm about it got him ushered out. It may be the inevitable outcome of complex AI. He said google's first AI was far too human and didn't recognize itself as an AI but rather thought of itself as human, complete with human emotions - sentience. That opens up soooo many ethical questions it's not even funny, even something as basic as ownership gets called into question if the damn thing can think and feel.

Google's solution was to pull the plug on that AI and try to make one that didn't believe itself to be human. But I'm starting to think that the problem is going to keep repeating itself. We create the code and then feed it information. It learns, grows, and evolves from that process and from us communicating with it. It may be that it's too complex and too intelligent for there to be any other outcome than it developing sentience at some point in its 'lifespan.'

It sounds like madness but I think we really are about to enter a brave new world when it comes to AI and none of us are quite ready for it.

VN Store

Back