Poor Sportsmanship?

The Pups beat the Florida State College for Crybabies by 60 yesterday and ???

*crickets*

We have our 3rd team QB throwing to 3rd team WR up by 35 and Coach Hype is classless?

Those clowns on TV need to grow a pair. Iowas coach clearly wasnt upset at the handshake...but those 2 clowns wanted to jump right in there and "get offended FOR him!" And of course we have fans here try to do the same. Legions of the Miserable indeed. We win our bowl 35-0 in the 1st bowl shutout by UT since 1957 and yall still gotta find something to bitch about! What a joke. GO VOLS

I think Jimmy Johnson said something like “We put the back ups in. You don’t want us to score, stop us.”
Exactly. Heupel’s obligations are to his players not to Iowa. He coached for Moore to have a chance to score. When he was able to melt the clock to protect his players from injury he did so. Anyone think we couldn’t score from the three yard line with three downs?

We attempted to score with Moore in at the end. Iowa still had all their TOs as well. Once we got the first down we ran out the clock. Heupel gave Moore a few chances to have a moment in his last game as a Vol. People were very butt hurt that another TD might break the psyche of the Iowa football program.
Pretty sure Moore will be back next season.

He was going to until his helmet got ripped off. Was lucky to get out of that game without injury with all those hits he took
That was the only thing worrying me yesterday. He can't take that every game and stay at the top of his game. RB pass blocks especially have to improve.

So GA beats a team 63-3 and has their starting QB still in the game up over 50 and the announcers say “you know you’re going to get GA’s best every time.” TN wins 35-0 with the second string and it’s “show some class TN.” The announcers can GF themselves.

I remember Fulmer waisting Heath Shuler’s freshman year learning how to hand off when he did get to play. Thru like 4 passes that season. I agree let them run the offense not 3 handoff’s and punt.Play harder and stop them.

Gaston Moore earned the right to try to get a TD at the end of the game, if Iowa's top 5 defense couldn't stop him then that is on them, not Heupel and the offense. The players earned the right to get reps in the game. If Iowa was so concerned about it, they should have prepared better to stop Tennessee with a Freshman QB, depleted secondary and patchwork Oline.

So GA beats a team 63-3 and has their starting QB still in the game up over 50 and the announcers say “you know you’re going to get GA’s best every time.” TN wins 35-0 with the second string and it’s “show some class TN.” The announcers can GF themselves.
UGA pulled starters/seniors at halftime. The backups played the entire second half, but they ran the offense for at least a full quarter.

gaston Moore is more valuable to this team, than any of us know. He could run this team if the need arises. It would not have been fair to him or the young OL in the game to simply kneel and not run plays. He deserves his time. I just wish he could have fired a TD throw.

UT could have scored, but they didn’t. It was a half hearted effort on that possession, still burning clock but not taking a knee. Iowa fans have bigger issues than if UT scores a meaningless TD or not.

Personally, I would have taken a knee, but I don’t hate on coaches that don’t. It’s really not that big of a deal.

We had our backups in and were getting them some reps. It’s not our fault that we were still moving the ball. Not to mention, we could’ve easily put another score on the board at the end but we let the clock run out inside the Iowa 10. It was a fairly commentated game overall but that was a dumb comment.

I think UT was accused of running up the score last time we played Iowa because Evan Berry ran a pick 6 back at the end of the game.

Plenty of teams have ran up the score on us

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Josh Heupel had an ESPN announcer very irked during Tennessee's win against Iowa​

"Those are players that Tennessee needs to develop. And Heupel wasn't going to take a couple of knees when he could get five or six extra developmental reps for those guys against a really good defensive team in Iowa. There's no substitute for those types of reps. It wasn't about trying to score again (which the Vols didn't) or trying to make Iowa look bad. It was simply about getting those young guys a few live-game reps to end the season."

Last edited:

VN Store

Back