kickin' the Hawkeye nest

Lol, 10 years ago. Any stories you want to share about your guys team in ‘98 since you’re a ****ing historian apparently
Sure, that was 38 years more recent than Iowa's last claimed national title, so many of us were actually alive to witness it.

At least Iowa has won the Big 10 several times in the last 2 decades....

Oh, wait.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Care to remind us what Tennessee's record was against Iowa in those said two decades of sucking? I remember a pleasant day in Jacksonville...
I was wondering why that hasn't been brought up before now.

I was there, and their fans are classic Midwestern folk. Nice as the day is long.

I was wondering why that hasn't been brought up before now.

I was there, and their fans are classic Midwestern folk. Nice as the day is long.
It's probably not hard for someone living in Iowa to be happy on a January day in the Sunshine State.

Lol, 10 years ago. Any stories you want to share about your guys team in ‘98 since you’re a ****ing historian apparently
I would rather just bring up an offense that is able to score double digits without the defense or special teams contributing to the scoreboard.

I would rather just bring up an offense that is able to score double digits without the defense or special teams contributing to the scoreboard.
Your offense may not score double digits. Iowa’s defense will be an eye opener for many wearing orange on New Years Day.

Your offense may not score double digits. Iowa’s defense will be an eye opener for many wearing orange on New Years Day.
we will see. I will take SEC speed over Big 10 west speed every day and twice on saturdays. or in this case Monday.

your defense didn't look too good against Penn State, and our offense is far better than theirs. The best offense you played is #59, thats also what Penn State ranked. We are #17 on a down year.

you better be hoping our opt outs hurt us pretty bad.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
we will see. I will take SEC speed over Big 10 west speed every day and twice on saturdays. or in this case Monday.

your defense didn't look too good against Penn State, and our offense is far better than theirs. The best offense you played is #59, thats also what Penn State ranked. We are #17 on a down year.

you better be hoping our opt outs hurt us pretty bad.
Penn state game had many, many variables to it. A white out, a starting LB transfer from Virginia who was still figuring out the defense, and an offense that couldn’t get off the field. 1 bad game this year by our defense. The other 12 they were DOMINANT.

This game is on a neutral field and Tennessee is no where near the complete team Penn State is

From the people I know from Iowa it's really hard to make fun of them too much. Pretty good decent folks.

Reactions: arkivol
Penn state game had many, many variables to it. A white out, a starting LB transfer from Virginia who was still figuring out the defense, and an offense that couldn’t get off the field. 1 bad game this year by our defense. The other 12 they were DOMINANT.

This game is on a neutral field and Tennessee is no where near the complete team Penn State is
We have found the one( and probably only) true Iowa fan.

they were dominant against absolutely TRASH teams. The whole Big 10 west is terrible offensively. not difficult to look good playing against offenses that average in the Top 100.

Your division has 1 team in the top 50 passing offenses, Illinois.
Your division has 1 team in the top 50 rushing offenses, Nebraska.
Your division has 0 teams in the top 50 scoring offenses.

We are in the Top 50 in all three categories. #11 Rushing, #36 Scoring, #46 passing.

you better hope we don't show up ready to play.

they were dominant against absolutely TRASH teams. The whole Big 10 west is terrible offensively. not difficult to look good playing against offenses that average in the Top 100.

We are in the Top 50 in all three categories. #11 Rushing, #36 Scoring, #46 passing.

Haha, does your staff not usually have them ready to play?

Imagine our stats and record if we'd played Iowa's schedule.

And contemplate Iowa's offensive stats after playing their schedule. Yeesh.

Imagine our stats and record if we'd played Iowa's schedule.

And contemplate Iowa's offensive stats after playing their schedule. Yeesh.
You would have lost to Michigan and Penn State and had toss ups against Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa State, Northwestern and Illinois.

So probably a mediocre 8-4 season still.

I think Tennessee fans will be surprised with Iowa's defense, and how bad they are. All we have heard is how great they are and we will be lucky to score a single point. Held Penn State and Michigan to 31 and 26 respectively. Not exactly SEC speed teams.

Reactions: SAPPER 5

VN Store

Back