Recruiting Football Talk VII

And he was replying to this?

How about this, which preceded the comments?

Or this?

And you wonder why people interpret your argument to be "ignore the current problems and fire until we're successful again"?
Lol I can’t. Never once said to fire Heupel. In fact I have said in numerous posts he is the man.

UF I was saying they won’t stay down long and Texas came back by spending money and hiring an all star staff.

What I have said continually is Heupel needs to make changes to get over the hurdle. What that is, will be up to him and DW. Could be recruiting or it could be coaches.

Your argument is we are a door mat now because of a bad decade, which is idiotic. And we should just accept being below teams. If we use current trends, then we are on pace to average 10 wins over the last two years. So that would mean we should expect the same next year, right?

That has been your whole argument is to look at current trends. That is the current trend.

I hope everyone realizes how absolutely effed we would be if we fire Josh Heupel in the next 2-3 years.

Saban, Sark, Smart, Venables, Kelly, Kiffin, Freeze are all in the league. Elko and Lebby are promising newcomers. You think Pitino will be the OC behind Pittman in 2 years? The writing is on the wall in Fayetteville. Drinkwitz has turned a good program for a former Big12 power. Florida is a sleeping giant right now with an unknown alarm clock like we were. Stoops is mediocre but will have Kentucky competitive in a lot of games.

The only two teams and coaching staffs that should be afterthoughts right now are Beamer's and Lea's.

If we fire Heupel in the next two years because we are hovering at 8-4 in this new league it's a massive risk of returning to the cellar and having to fight an uphill for another decade.

In this new league I think sustained success looks like 8-4 to 9-3 most years with breakout years of 10-2 or more sprinkled in. You'll have a down year in there inevitably as well with just a minor amount of error and injury along the way due to the level of competition. 8-4 in the new SEC is 10-2 or undefeated in the ACC moving forward.

8-4 is most likely next year. Schedule is brutal. It will likely resemble this season with losses to the big 3 and Oklahoma. So if this season pissed you off, next season is likely to as well expecting a playoff appearance.
I halfway expected losing in Gainesville this year, but I am not expecting a loss at home next year. Especially with the game happening later in the year..Nico should be in groove by that point (if indeed, he is the one)

It's basically The Big 6 plus aTM. Then you fold in Texas and Oklahoma. Any given year, any of these programs can rise to the top. The pecking order is fluid, but the foundation is there, along with the expectations and resources.
Exactly. Anyone on the list can win a title in any given year.

Reactions: Volunteer821
Sorry, but I can't see 9 wins on this schedule. First, we have 4 sure losses in UF, Bama, UGA and OU. Second, I'll believe road wins when I see them. NC St is a "neutral site" in Charlotte and @Arky are 2 huge opportunities, but away from Neyland? Nah. I'd hope for a split of those 2 games and hope we can hold serve at home. 7 is about right......assuming our portal prospects remain as they appear a this point in time. Now if they go out and fill our needs with really good players, my confidence level goes up by a game....maybe 2.
View attachment 601625
1702403975407.gif

I hope everyone realizes how absolutely effed we would be if we fire Josh Heupel in the next 2-3 years.

Saban, Sark, Smart, Venables, Kelly, Kiffin, Freeze are all in the league. Elko and Lebby are promising newcomers. You think Pitino will be the OC behind Pittman in 2 years? The writing is on the wall in Fayetteville. Drinkwitz has turned a good program for a former Big12 power. Florida is a sleeping giant right now with an unknown alarm clock like we were. Stoops is mediocre but will have Kentucky competitive in a lot of games.

The only two teams and coaching staffs that should be afterthoughts right now are Beamer's and Lea's.

If we fire Heupel in the next two years because we are hovering at 8-4 in this new league it's a massive risk of returning to the cellar and having to fight an uphill for another decade.

In this new league I think sustained success looks like 8-4 to 9-3 most years with breakout years of 10-2 or more sprinkled in. You'll have a down year in there inevitably as well with just a minor amount of error and injury along the way due to the level of competition. 8-4 in the new SEC is 10-2 or undefeated in the ACC moving forward.
Please quote one person who has said fire Heupel. No one wants that

8-4 is most likely next year. Schedule is brutal. It will likely resemble this season with losses to the big 3 and Oklahoma. So if this season pissed you off, next season is likely to as well expecting a playoff appearance.
Chattanooga W
NC State W
Kent State W
Oklahoma TOSS
Florida W
Alabama TOSS
Georgia L
UTEP W
Arkansas W
Kentucky W
Mississippi State W

Even if you say we lose our two toss up games we are still 9-3 with losses to probable top 15 teams. That will be in the discussion for the playoff.

Does anyone know who this Bull fellow is on the You Tube channel Bluechip Breakdown? I think I saw he was a former player, but don't know if he's a former Vol or elsewhere.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
It's not about playing to lose its about doing what's smart for the long term.
Playoff chances are less than 1%. With this o line this team probably doesn't go far anyways.
More cap savings by getting a young player at a premium position is more important to the long game rather than falling into that mod tier getting a good but not Elite prospect that the Titans live in.
OK. Let's not worry about the integrity of the game at all. Also, let's just ignore all of those wagers for Miami or Titans ML and do what is best for our franchise. You have had some hot takes before, and not all of them are this way, but this one is scorching.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Chattanooga W
NC State W
Kent State W
Oklahoma TOSS
Florida W
Alabama TOSS
Georgia L
UTEP W
Arkansas W
Kentucky W
Mississippi State W

Even if you say we lose our two toss up games we are still 9-3 with losses to probable top 15 teams. That will be in the discussion for the playoff.
Saying Florida is a sure W is absolutely nuts lol

i have an issue with a lot of local youth sports….. Refs are the worse bc they are usually tight with one side or the other…. One time we had to get officials banned from reffing my daughter’s basketball team bc they were so one sided. We lost to another team 16-14 in elementary school basketball with those refs…. In the playoffs…. we beat them 36-12 without those refs.

i also have a huge issue with local rec ball leagues circumventing rules to allow certain coaches to build dominant teams. I also hate school teams that choose the buddy system when choosing players over trying to be the best team possible.

I have an issue with refs at the college and pro level… I just don’t think every call is controversial and it dilutes when there are real issues if we complain about everything. Refs are calling the game in full speed action….. Fans are complaining based off super alow
motion video and still shot pictures.
So, what you're saying is that all refs suck. I concur. I reffed youth soccer until my son was 10 and I was terrible, LOL.

Chattanooga W
NC State W
Kent State W
Oklahoma TOSS
Florida W
Alabama TOSS
Georgia L
UTEP W
Arkansas W
Kentucky W
Mississippi State W

I still don't think 9-3 is playoff discussion for us next year. There will be a lot of 9-3 teams. This would put us behind Bama, UGA, OU, and still probably TX and Ole Miss.

That would be a very impressive season but I still think we'd end the season around 15th and out of the picture. Finishing Top 25, heck Top 20 should be the minimum.

OK. Let's not worry about the integrity of the game at all. Also, let's just ignore all of those wagers for Miami or Titans ML and do what is best for our franchise. You have had some hot takes before, and not all of them are this way, but this one is scorching.
I mean the two teams couldn't give 2 ***** about gamblers.

We are top 5 in recruiting spending, easily have some of the best facilities. There is absolutely no reason for us to be ranked 14 and 8th in the conference. Honestly not a good look for the staff

Reactions: volinbama256

VN Store

Back