Recruiting Football Talk VII

I am sad for you. Dance recitals are among my greatest memories. In b4 morans asking me if the tutu still fits.
I'm sure I may have felt different if it was my daughter; however, it wasnt...and, 3 to 4 hours of watching 3 to 15 year olds, who can't dance worth a damn...yeah, put me out of my misery.

Why it's a home game....is Florida a juggernaut again overnight???
Plus we're not playing them in September. I think from 1993 - 2023 Tennessee would play this cute game of not showing Florida how they played in their 1st couple of games prior to the Florida game and then when they played Florida they couldn't execute because they hadn't performed the secret game plan in live game action yet. When we played Florida in Dec. at Florida in 2001, we won because our team was confident in their game plan.

Lol I can’t. Never once said to fire Heupel. In fact I have said in numerous posts he is the man.

UF I was saying they won’t stay down long and Texas came back by spending money and hiring an all star staff.

What I have said continually is Heupel needs to make changes to get over the hurdle. What that is, will be up to him and DW. Could be recruiting or it could be coaches.

Your argument is we are a door mat now because of a bad decade, which is idiotic. And we should just accept being below teams. If we use current trends, then we are on pace to average 10 wins over the last two years. So that would mean we should expect the same next year, right?

That has been your whole argument is to look at current trends. That is the current trend.
Corrections:

Your argument has been that we should act like who we were two decades ago. Your chosen examples of doing that have been examples of two schools who have fired their staffs and rehired. One example of the assumption that UT is NOT acting like who we "are" was the fact that one particular coach hasn't been fired.

I have never said that we are a doormat, nor that we should accept being one. My argument has been to take a realistic assessment and build a measurable plan to become what we once were, as opposed to blindly building unrealistic expectations for our current situation. That is the exact opposite of acceptance. And it'll pay dividends much better than:

"We're by-God the University of by-God Tennessee! Back when there were fewer teams in the by-God conference... And back when the SEC teams were by-God down... That one coach we fired owned this by-God conference before we fired him. So let's talk about not accepting anything less right now, or I'll start talking about by-God schools that started by-God firing their by-God coaches, by God."

But you do you, man.

Chattanooga W
NC State W
Kent State W
Oklahoma TOSS
Florida W
Alabama TOSS
Georgia L
UTEP W
Arkansas W
Kentucky W
Mississippi State W

Even if you say we lose our two toss up games we are still 9-3 with losses to probable top 15 teams. That will be in the discussion for the playoff.
Forgot the Vandy W

I agree...which is why a longtime baseball fanatic like me never watches anymore.

I did enjoy going to TB Ray games and supporting them fir a while BECAUSE of the sickening inequities of MLB...but I got sick of watching the good ones jump ship as soon as they possibly could...I hate that money ruins everything, and I hate the idiots that defend it.

Why can we not have FAIR competition?
Small market KC and TB win a lot to spend a little as they do.. salary caps have worked in football, but not basketball. Not sure there is a 100% foolproof solution to super teams.

That’s one of the years, yeah. 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2023 are what concern me though.
My point was it was very recent. We definitely stunk it up in 2023. We will be at home, though, and I think we win. We will see.

Small market KC and TB win a lot to spend a little as they do.. salary caps have worked in football, but not basketball. Not sure there is a 100% foolproof solution to super teams.
With T.V. contracts smaller market teams will be able to keep their stars now in basketball...

Five years ago no way Milwaukee couldnt afford to pay Giannis , Lilliard and Middleton...

Chattanooga W
NC State W
Kent State W
Oklahoma TOSS
Florida W
Alabama TOSS
Georgia L
UTEP W
Arkansas W
Kentucky W
Mississippi State W

Even if you say we lose our two toss up games we are still 9-3 with losses to probable top 15 teams. That will be in the discussion for the playoff.
Very possibly 10-2 to two playoff teams.

SEC sucks.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Corrections:

Your argument has been that we should act like who we were two decades ago. Your chosen examples of doing that have been examples of two schools who have fired their staffs and rehired. One example of the assumption that UT is NOT acting like who we "are" was the fact that one particular coach hasn't been fired.

I have never said that we are a doormat, nor that we should accept being one. My argument has been to take a realistic assessment and build a measurable plan to become what we once were, as opposed to blindly building unrealistic expectations for our current situation. That is the exact opposite of acceptance. And it'll pay dividends much better than:

"We're by-God the University of by-God Tennessee! Back when there were fewer teams in the by-God conference... And back when the SEC teams were by-God down... That one coach we fired owned this by-God conference before we fired him. So let's talk about not accepting anything less right now, or I'll start talking about by-God schools that started by-God firing their by-God coaches, by God."

But you do you, man.
Bahahahahaha

It’s dumb to me to rank teams and then say that’s where they should be because of these rankings. IMO.

Any team on this list has the resources, $$$, etc. to be national title contenders any year.

Absolutely agree.

There’s not much difference between Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, A&M, Auburn, Florida, and now Texas and Oklahoma.

You put Nick Saban or Kirby Smart at either of those schools and the results are replicated. Those are surefire destinations that have the resources for the right coach to create long sustained success.

VN Store

Back