College Football is officially a joke

If Bama does win it all, this controversy will go away. If they are last year TCU, this will drag on forever like the 2000’ FSU BCS decision over Miami.

I just don’t see Bama as good as Bama of old.

Reactions: PA Vol
giphy.gif

FSU Got SCREWED!!!!!

Bad Precedent to set by "The Committee"...

So, if you build depth...and your 3rd String QB STILL WINS Your Conference Championship...AND you Go UNDEFEATED...You're "NOT the same Team you were EARLIER in the Year?"

^according to THIS pencil neck V

Screenshot-2496.png
Precedent doesn’t matter, because with the expanded playoff, they won’t have to worry about this situation again.

Reactions: DAVOL and Volanta
None of it is “fair”. Georgia may still be the best in the country. They lost by two bad calls with their two best weapons hobbled. TCU getting in was “fair”, and no one watched the game after ten minutes. You can bet the advertisers had a voice in who was in this year.
But it’s fair (er). Playoffs of highest ranked teams ( I would do 16 personally) call them bowls if you want and then last team standing wins. It’s the only way to do it. It works

Reactions: 9876543vol
don’t watch a second of it. What a ****ing travesty and disgrace to the sport. How the **** do you punish a bunch of a kids because of an INJURY. AN INJURY TO ONE PLAYER MEANS A TEAM IS DISQUALIFIED IN A TEAM SPORT. ZERO CREDIBILITY. Bias is out of control and you just ****ed over a team that worked their asses off all season cause “SeC bEtTeR”

Not sure if there’s more of a beef with Bama or Texas, but definite crock that FSU didn’t get a spot. All you can do is play the teams on your schedule.
So Liberty should be in?

Yes unfair to FSU but the ACC is laughably weak.

The playoff next year resolves the issues.

Michigan wanted FSU the weaker opponent, see their reaction.

When UGA pounds FSU wont matter

If Bama does win it all, this controversy will go away. If they are last year TCU, this will drag on forever like the 2000’ FSU BCS decision over Miami.

Like the 2000 FSU bcs decision over Miami? If Miami deserved to be in the title game ahead of FSU, then Washington deserved to be in ahead of Miami.

None of it is “fair”. Georgia may still be the best in the country. They lost by two bad calls with their two best weapons hobbled. TCU getting in was “fair”, and no one watched the game after ten minutes. You can bet the advertisers had a voice in who was in this year.

That’s the hypocrisy of this. If they’re truly doing best, UGA ain’t the best suddenly? UGA and Bama play 10 times UGA wins 7-8 of the times

don’t watch a second of it. What a ****ing travesty and disgrace to the sport. How the **** do you punish a bunch of a kids because of an INJURY. AN INJURY TO ONE PLAYER MEANS A TEAM IS DISQUALIFIED IN A TEAM SPORT. ZERO CREDIBILITY. Bias is out of control and you just ****ed over a team that worked their asses off all season cause “SeC bEtTeR”
Considering Bama had to rely on officiating malpractice all season to have success, it's an even bigger joke.

So negative. If they did the Top 8 this year, it would’ve made for an amazing tournament! Michigan, Washington, FSU, Texas, Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, & Oregon. Looks like some great games to me.
Great games based on rankings, but not on the field. FSU couldn’t score on any of those teams. The PAC 12 would still be woefully outmatched on the lines. The disparity in talent doesn’t go away by spray painting helmets neon green. I am a believer that Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, Texas and OSU are probably the best teams. Metrics and SOS agree. Adding four more teams just adds process. Sister Mary Jean stories don’t pop up in football often. Eight would obviously be better than twelve, but oh well.

Last edited:
So negative. If they did the Top 8 this year, it would’ve made for an amazing tournament! Michigan, Washington, FSU, Texas, Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, & Oregon. Looks like some great games to me.
It’s such an extreme pendulum swing from four to twelve teams. IMO, you’re correct and I think any future playoffs should have been limited to the top 8 teams.

Reactions: JacketVol
Not sure if there’s more of a beef with Bama or Texas, but definite crock that FSU didn’t get a spot. All you can do is play the teams on your schedule.
The problem with that is you have some say in who the teams are on your schedule. If you pick a bunch of cupcakes and just barely win, even though you are undefeated it has some impact on how your team is viewed.
Yes, Flordia State is an undefeated conference champion. But there is no way they are one of the 4 best teams in the nation. Michigan, Washington, Bama, and Georgia would beat the brakes off of Florida State. They have a good defense but their offense is weak and now they are playing with a backup QB. There was no way the SEC Champion was not going to be in the playoffs. JMHO

Maybe not, but they’ve clearly gotten a lot better as the season went along. Won’t be surprised if they’re in the Championship game. I’m pulling for the Huskies to pull this off.

Last edited:
If you want to blame anyone, blame Louisville. They completely laid an egg against Kentucky last week. That’s the ACC runner up. There’s no divisions in the ACC anymore. They legit were the second best team in the ACC and lost to Kentucky. FSU was a bad Jack Plummer throw from losing to the same Louisville team.

The problem with that is you have some say in who the teams are on your schedule. If you pick a bunch of cupcakes and just barely win, even though you are undefeated it has some impact on how your team is viewed.
Yes, Flordia State is an undefeated conference champion. But there is no way they are one of the 4 best teams in the nation. Michigan, Washington, Bama, and Georgia would beat the brakes off of Florida State. They have a good defense but their offense is weak and now they are playing with a backup QB. There was no way the SEC Champion was not going to be in the playoffs. JMHO

Florida State picked (what they control) Florida and LSU on their OOC schedule…. Bama had Texas and lost by 10 at home while struggling the following week at USF…. In what world are people saying FSU should get negative grade on eye test while disregarding it for Bama? Lol

Florida State picked (what they control) Florida and LSU on their OOC schedule…. Bama had Texas and lost by 10 at home while struggling the following week at USF…. In what world are people saying FSU should get negative grade on eye test while disregarding it for Bama? Lol
A world where a young team with several new coaches gets a lot better throughout the year.

Reactions: Vols All Day

VN Store

Back