Curious, if you had to choose the better season would it be 2022 or 2023?

Mine is 2023. Advancing to CWS being the difference regardless of overall wins and entertainment value.
2022 was a blast until the end.. 2023 obviously went further sand had some fun times, overachieved, (imo)but I’d be thrilled to live through another season like 2022 again. It was insane.

Loved em both but I’d have to say 22 was more fun to watch…less stressful. Not as hard in the liver either.
Cheers! 🍻

Edit: Stressful? You ain’t been following the Astros very, berry, closely since the late 2000 aught decade. They’re killing me. I got spoilt. I feel straight the hell up entitled! Stress on a liver? Like serious BVS co-symptom…

Last edited:
22 saw dominating regular season with a disappointing finish. 23 saw regular season struggles, a post season resurgence and trip to the CSW. 23 no question.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
2022 was pure domination. I enjoyed it way more. Best team in the country in my opinion. Blasted Oklahoma and ole miss who played for the championship. This year was rough. Started slow. Ended up having a good second half of the season. Home runs were there. Haven’t looked at overall stats but seemed we left a lot of guys stranded this year. And our bats seemed cold alot. Pitching was not as good as last year either which could be the early bad defense we had. Baseball is weird. Sigh. Last two years in baseball possibly could be closest we will see to a national championship in sports. Sad to waste good opportunities. But that’s life I guess. That’s being a volunteer. Go vols.

Excluding the pitching...which was outstanding both years.

Comparing position to position, the 2022 team probably had better players at seven of the nine positions. Maybe eight.

The 2023 version was interesting because they didn't have the chemistry that comes with playing together for several years. But, they dug in and embraced the underdog role in the back half of year. However, their fundamental flaws were maddening at times.

I left 2022 feeling sick about it. Today, I'm proud of the 2023 lads.

I would vote for 2022. We just had too many offensive holes this year.

2023, but not until May. 2022 was more fun to watch until after the SECCG. Then it was not nearly as fun.

just for poots and googles, can you imagine if the 23 team had gilbert or beck in the lineup? That’s what we were missing. Clutch hitting at its finest.

I am thankful none of our kids cussed the ump or flipped off an outfielder on tv. But maybe that’s why we couldn’t get a hit. We weren’t nasty enough.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If you’re asking 22 vs 23, that is the ultimate question about prioritizing postseason (NCAA tourney) vs overall success. I’ll take long term domination despite the sad end. Plus, great personalities on that team, and pissing everybody else off. I loved both seasons for different reasons, but I’m going 2022.

Edit: and SEC championships and the origin of the daddy coat don’t hurt

Edit #2: but that HR by Zane vs Clemson was pretty sweet though…

Last edited:
Mine is 2023. Advancing to CWS being the difference regardless of overall wins and entertainment value.
2022 team was much more fun to watch with a very disappointing ending. 2023 team was maddening to watch, not close to the 2022 team, and somehow made the CWS.

This team really, at the half way point of the SEC season, had no business making it to Omaha, but they did and they won a couple games there too. Rather than choosing one team over the other, I look at it as CTV’s best coaching job which showed his maturity as a coach, based on previous successful seasons.

I feel blessed to have been able to enjoy these past two, even three years of Vols baseball, softball, football, and basketball. we have done well in many sports. I’m ver blessed to have both bachelors and masters degrees from Tennesssee that allowed me to contribute and retire successful. Finally, I am blessed to be able to share with Vol fans on Vol Nation. Thank all of you very much.

2023. Exceeding expectations always feels better than falling short of expectations.
2022 team was preseason #19 by D1 and predicted to finish 4th in the East. Also no preseason 1st team SEC selections. Only two 2nd team selections. I’d say they far exceeded anyone’s expectations.

2022>2023. 2022 was an all-time great team that lost too early. 2023 was a relatively average team that figured it out at the end and gave us a great run. We won hardware in 2022. SEC Championship.

VN Store

Back