Why do the gators have our number?

WE are Tennessee, we are a Basketball school now football just a hobby Tennessee does till the real season gets here Basketball, when i starting typing this i thought it was a joke but after thinking about it for a while this is nearly fact look we made Barnes one of the highest paid coaches in Basketball but the last 20 years in football look at the coaches we brought in here some are not even 2nd tier coaches.

The honest answer is they’ve made better coaching hires over the past 30 years with the two big names being Spurrier and Meyer. Who has UT hired over the past 30 years that was better than those two? The honest answer, no one.

Reactions: 08Vol
Florida is generally able to recruit better players than Tennessee, it’s been that way for decades now

They've simply had more talent in recent and many past years. 2013-2017 was probably the one period we were on par or above talent-wise...very unlucky to only close on 1 out of 5. Basic variance and bad luck, not much else to say.

But if you think they simply "had our number" the last couple years...I'd disagree. The talent gap between us and them was wider than between us and UK or USCjr. In fact, it was about the same as between us and Indiana.

They've also held a significant Xs and Os advantage with Mullen, which they did not have during the Mcelwain and Muschamp period. We are now back to those days, where we have a big Xs and Os advantage again with Heupel. We will match them in talent in a year or two imo. In the meantime, we should takr advantage with their transitioning and our Xs and Os advantage.

They are in our heads.

But how? How can they be in our heads when we change coaches and players so often? If we had the same roster and coaching staff for many years then I would agree. But we don’t.

I would really love for someone to come up with a legitimate and logical explanation as to why almost every other SEC team can beat UF and we cannot.

For the first time in a very long time, Tennessee has better leadership at the AD position, in addition to the best offensive mind calling plays since Cutcliffe.

UF amped up its recruiting energy since Napier arrived, but no big dominoes have fallen our way just yet.

You need to add Fulmer to that list, he got his butt kicked on the regular by Florida.
Under Fulmer.........Chavis prevent defense. He gave FL qbs all day to throw. Fl wrs torched our dbs time and time again. Also Fl ran the ball better most of time during that time. FL had better players and coaches under Meyer.

But how? How can they be in our heads when we change coaches and players so often? If we had the same roster and coaching staff for many years then I would agree. But we don’t.

I would really love for someone to come up with a legitimate and logical explanation as to why almost every other SEC team can beat UF and we cannot.
Winning and losing can be contagious and carry over imo

I don't mean within the game. The statement was about "having the better team" and losing.

2013, both teams were horrible.
2014, both teams were horrible
2015, i'll buy it.
2016, Tennessee won.
2017, Tennessee went winless in the conference. Can't buy having the better team argument, but I will acknowledge that Florida was also hot garbage.

TN may have not been the better overall team but 2 of those years were lost on last play of the game hail marys, of 40+ yds I believe, due to bad defensive alignment calls by the coaches. They should just not have happened. UF had to have TD's both yrs to win. You put 8 guys back at the 5 yd line. TN lined up in almost a normal def set with 5 db's and let receivers get behind them.

UT does as much to shoot themselves as much as FL does to win. Most of the UF wins were due to better players and coaches. Very strange series.

Not This Year they won’t

View attachment 451377
Tennessee needs to get the Florida monkey off its back. I think that can be accomplished a couple of ways…blow them out and/or win 2 in a row. Either would humanize them (which is absurd that we have to humanize them since they haven’t been great lately).

VN Store

Back