Why do the gators have our number?

Gators are in Tennessee's heads...

NKAyb.gif

One of the best movies scenes.

When do you think UT had the better team and lost? I mean, it’s decided on the field. If they were better, they wouldn’t have lost.

Gators have our number because they've got us on speed dial and we haven't changed our number in years

865 - MEDI - OKR

Because even when both programs have been down their worst coaches over the last 4 decades would still have winning records over the Vols.

Reactions: 08Vol
As far as the 90s and 2000s go it’s because they had two very innovative offensive coaches while we had one that was content to run the same old under center conservative garbage

True. I recall Spurrier mocking this by saying, "Tennessee will always be Tennessee." UT also failed to learn from Team USA basketball's experience. We used to arrogantly throw our best college basketball players together for a few practices and expect to win the Olympic gold by default. When Russia, Lithuania, and other countries started keeping their teams playing together, much like pro teams, it became grown men vs. teenagers. After some loses, we finally got wise and put our pros in too. The UT didn't learn from this and kept the arrogant attitude of, "We're Tennessee, you know, so will always be good." Ignoring changes around them and the rise of teams we used to beat routinely. The bargain-basement AD and coach hiring made it even worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: lukeneyland
Talent in the field and talent on the sidelines.

When Spurrier and Meyer left Florida, they physically left Gainesville and continued to coach football in other places.

When Fulmer was asked to leave Tennessee, he went nowhere, never coached again and stuck around messing with and dividing and destroying everything Tennessee, such that Tennessee never got a clean start like Florida continually did, just fitzed and farted around with the overpriced talent they could get to come sit under the Big Orange Cloud that has hovered over the program for years.

Last edited:
I believe Tennessee had more talent in these seasons: 1997, 1999, 2002, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017

I covered the 2013-2017 earlier. I’m not buying that.

Have you seen the 2012 Gator roster? I know now in hindsight it’s sad (although they went 11-2 that year), but that team was loaded.

The team actually may have had more nfl talent on the offensive side of the ball, which looking back is quite pitiful

As for 1997, 1999, and 2002, Florida wasn’t exactly talent deprived. I’d have to look to see who had “more”, but it ain’t like the roster wasn’t loaded

VN Store

Back