Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair I said almost 20.

Also not being negative, it’s just not a strong hire. Everyone said Heupel needs to be surrounded by strong recruiters, & so far, he hasn’t been. Obviously it’s too early to tell because he still doesn’t have a single defensive coach.

To be fair, I don’t consider 15 almost 20. It just amazes me how some of our fans just constantly do this. Mack was a head coach at a college at age 32 and actually shared conference titles.

hes-a-nut-memecrunch-com-hes-a-nut-50264158.png
Best show ever

ZERO big boy recruiting experience in a coaching slot that needs a high level recruitor working for a head coach that isn’t a high level recruiter either

that enough reason ?

its relative to where is he recruiting from. He may be the best recruiter in the country but 4-5 stars aren’t going there no matter what pitched. We will see but I’m gonna roll with it.

Reactions: RiseToTheTop
To be fair, I don’t consider 15 almost 20. It just amazes me how some of our fans just constantly do this. Mack was a head coach at a college at age 32 and actually shared conference titles.
What do I constantly do?

Im sure he’s a fine coach & I hope the guy has a ton of success here but I’m not gonna do backflips over it.

Nobody is destroying the guy though. Just raising legitimate concerns. That’s what I don’t understand about this place sometimes.

People are allowed to question the hire & raise valid questions & still want the guy to succeed. People shouldn’t get blasted just because they’re not all “BOOM! VFL! HE WILL OWN MEMPHIS!”..etc.
No, some people are doom and gloom, and saying it's a suck hire. We don't know.

Reactions: amazingGRACE
The time as head coach at HBCUs should not be discounted. You can develop some strong relationships with high school coaches in the area.

Well said.
Usually, that’s when you have to do the most to find talent and make sure they get their test scores and get them into schools.

Thats a lot of ground work and trust built up . 👍🏾

What do I constantly do?

Im sure he’s a fine coach & I hope the guy has a ton of success here but I’m not gonna do backflips over it.

I’m not doing backflips either because I would kill myself. But I’m going to see what he can do first. Regardless of what Bruin says, being a coach at 32 and having a 31-15 record is really impressive. It’s what we need at our school- people who understand how to run things and relate to young people.

He took on a different role his sophomore year. Daniel Bittuli didn’t and still doesn’t get the credit for being the ball player he was.
Henry seems to be a MUCH better Will than a Mike.

Don't know how you can be effective at Mike at 220 lbs anyway. Even if he weighed more I would agree - Will type LB.

Reactions: LaagerVol
He’s a RB coach man. No need to go there. I know it’s easy to do on a keyboard.
If you don't want it to go there, don't take it there. Some of you act as if in order for an opinion to be valid, it has to concur with your opinion. It's one thing to disagree with an opinion. It's another to attack it as if it's invalid. You want to believe in him? Fine. I just think we could have done better.

Reactions: tnvols72
Nobody is destroying the guy though. Just raising legitimate concerns. That’s what I don’t understand about this place sometimes.

People are allowed to question the hire & raise valid questions & still want the guy to succeed. People shouldn’t get blasted just because they’re not all “BOOM! VFL! HE WILL OWN MEMPHIS!”..etc.
Well said. Blind optimism masks legitimate concerns. I hope he does work out, but it's not like he has proven recruiting chops.

Reactions: amazingGRACE
This makes no sense.

He has coached QB and WR his whole career and has never coached RBs.

Is there truly a RB coach that wouldn't come to the UT?
If you can coach QB and WR, then you can coach RBs. He is an OC with HC experience. This is an excellent hire. Offensive coaching room just got better

I’m not doing backflips either because I would kill myself. But I’m going to see what he can do first. Regardless of what Bruin says, being a coach at 32 and having a 31-15 record is really impressive. It’s what we need at our school- people who understand how to run things and relate to young people.

I shouldn’t sound like I don’t think it’s meaningless. It’s not and it does mean he can manage a football team and do it well. I just don’t think it means much at all toward what we need that position to do best and that’s recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back