Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Specifically about Conklin do you not like? His scheme? How he relates to players? His work ethic? Some of y'all have just decided to not like anything. Must be miserable.
People not being blindly optimistic is being miserable? Blind optimism has failed me three times now when it comes to HCs at UT. I desperately want to be good again, but I'm not sure why you think I should be ecstatic over an underwhelming hire? I'll keep hoping I'm wrong, but I just feel like we're headed down the wrong path again. Are the only acceptable opinions the ones you agree with?

Here we go again. Bunch of folks don't like Mack hire. Any specific reason? Just don't like anything out of habit? Guy hasn't coached RBs? So what. He's coached WRs and QBs. Lot more technical positions. He understands protections, checks , and schemes as an OC. Good, solid hire.

ZERO big boy recruiting experience in a coaching slot that needs a high level recruitor working for a head coach that isn’t a high level recruiter either

that enough reason ?

People not being blindly optimistic is being miserable? Blind optimism has failed me three times now when it comes to HCs at UT. I desperately want to be good again, but I'm not sure why you think I should be ecstatic over an underwhelming hire? I'll keep hoping I'm wrong, but I just feel like we're headed down the wrong path again. Are the only acceptable opinions the ones you agree with?

Why be immediately down on a guy you know nothing about. Atleast give him a chance to prove something to you before you crap on everything he’s ever done. Plus he’s just a RB coach and recruiter. Relax.

The Mack hire fills several blocks for the offensive staff. He has recruited in both Memphis and NC. He has lots of experience as a HC and offensive coordinator. I bet he will fit nicely in the game plan development. Also he has years of experience developing players. He further adds to the diversity of the staff. Lot of reasons to praise this hire.

Rodgers as the DC makes sense from the aspect of player development. He will need to adapt to the up-tempo, spread schemes being used in college ball. I doubt he will have much problem with that. I understand the concern with recruiting. Having not been a college recruiter since 2002, will certainly be a cause of concern. The positive is that DW has significantly upgraded the recruiting support team. Rodgers will have lots of resources to aid his transition. I bet his staff hires will have strong ties to development and scheme development. For me, there are more positives than negatives with Rodgers.

I don’t think most understand what recruiting at NC central is really all about. I bet their recruiting budget is less than Pruitts McDonald’s bags

Kind of my point though, he was at a school where he had to recruit off relationships and results. Didn't have a big budget or amazing facilities and still was able to develop his players and win every year he was there.

But I can see why he'd take the next step up to OC at a G5 school too. Then because we're who we are and in the SEC he's taking another step up despite a "demotion" in title.

Rough day Andy?

hes-a-nut-memecrunch-com-hes-a-nut-50264158.png

ZERO big boy recruiting experience in a coaching slot that needs a high level recruitor working for a head coach that isn’t a high level recruiter either

that enough reason ?

We had a staff full of ace recruiters—hell, we were even PAYING guys to come here— and what did we get to show for it? Three wins.

Gimme the “no-name” dudes who can teach, who are going to built this program the right way. Who will embrace reality and recognize we’re not a top tier coaching destination anymore. We’re building from scratch, temper expectations.

Good God guys, he's coming in as a Running Backs Coach....
Nobody is destroying the guy though. Just raising legitimate concerns. That’s what I don’t understand about this place sometimes.

People are allowed to question the hire & raise valid questions & still want the guy to succeed. People shouldn’t get blasted just because they’re not all “BOOM! VFL! HE WILL OWN MEMPHIS!”..etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back