Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Send this MFer some Vol gear..
ghnkut6smckff0da2yj0.jpg

That lines up with what Hubbs said Walker. Someone asked what CJH’s defensive preference is and he said attacking style, multiple fronts/formations.
The Football Scoop article laid it out pretty well, I thought.

Steele is very bend but don't break so he didn't fit with this offense. The thought is you need a defense that maximizes the number of possessions on offense.

Just don't think it has to be one or the other.

These guys are fine coaches - no reason to say they are elite. They appear to be average recruiters.

Just seems to me like a quick path to average, but after where we've been, maybe that's all we can ask for.

You are only as good of a recruiter as the school you’re recruiting for. (And whatever is inside the McDonald’s bag apparently)

take any “recruiter of the year” and stick them at Nebraska and let’s see how well they recruit.

You are only as good of a recruiter as the school you’re recruiting for. (And whatever is inside the McDonald’s bag apparently)

take any “recruiter of the year” and stick them at Nebraska and let’s see how well they recruit.
I agree with you to an extent - but in the absence of knowing these guys are ELITE coaches and developers, I would like to hire some known quantities on the recruiting trail. You can only control what you can control - and that's you're hiring strategy.

I don't know - you're much more bought into Heupel and this offense than I am. Which isn't surprising, I didn't want Leach either and you are the captain of the fan club.

Very few on here even considered House until today. So why be negative about it? It's clear he would be a home run.

He was a successful DC at UK with a half dozen NFL players. He was DC at FIU for a year and Pitt for two years. He has a SB ring now with the Chiefs and maybe another one Sunday. He worked under Spagnoula with the Rams for a few years.

Very few on here even considered House until today. So why be negative about it? It's clear he would be a home run.

He was a successful DC at UK with a half dozen NFL players. He was DC at FIU for a year and Pitt for two years. He has a SB ring now with the Chiefs and maybe another one Sunday. He worked under Spagnoula with the Rams for a few years.

People aren’t bitching about House they are bitching about recruiting. Some of us haven’t realized top 10 classes don’t equal wins, it’s about DEVELOPING.

I agree with you to an extent - but in the absence of knowing these guys are ELITE coaches and developers, I would like to hire some known quantities on the recruiting trail. You can only control what you can control - and that's you're hiring strategy.

This. Talent development is crucial but recruiting is just as big. It’s been proven time & time again that stars actually matter.

I’m along for the ride with whoever he hires. My expectations for this program have fallen so much over the years, I’d be thrilled with 8-4 consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back