Other than finding a QB what are the coach's 3 biggest position issues for 2021?

Edge and ILB. Baron hopefully takes a step forward, maybe Joseph or Harrison get better, but just not a lot of talent at the Edge. We got Banks back, but that's the only meaningful contributor from last year. Whitehead hopefully goes to LB.

I think we're solid at RB. We'll be okay at WR with Hyatt and Velus, maybe some younger guys like Wideman or Tillman take a step forward (also Holiday, Calloway, and Keyton if he's still here).

There's still talent on the O Line and D Line just need some better coaching. Same thing for the secondary, plus some better health would be nice there.

Vol66,speed at wr?Are you completely out of it?Hiatt-3.1-3.2 40,Calloway,3.7-3.8,others.sub 4.0.That is speed.Need one of more of our qb's to get the ball there where they don't have to stop to catch it.Orange Lightning!

Reactions: butchna
I think quality depth is a concern across all positions.

Offensively, we have pieces but are they the right pieces for the offense going forward?

I believe we have QB on the roster maybe 2-3 that can be successful in his offense.

I think we are missing a Eric Gray type back, we have a lot of bigger bodies.

I am not sure we have a great receiving TE.

We have some good pieces on the WR, QB and OL but how does the depth look?

Defensively, we just need more bodies and depth across the board.

Edge and ILB. Baron hopefully takes a step forward, maybe Joseph or Harrison get better, but just not a lot of talent at the Edge. We got Banks back, but that's the only meaningful contributor from last year. Whitehead hopefully goes to LB.

I think we're solid at RB. We'll be okay at WR with Hyatt and Velus, maybe some younger guys like Wideman or Tillman take a step forward (also Holiday, Calloway, and Keyton if he's still here).

There's still talent on the O Line and D Line just need some better coaching. Same thing for the secondary, plus some better health would be nice there.
Aaron Willis will be a mainstay by the fourth game if not sooner. Mean and athletic tackle hound with instincts and football smarts.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I think quality depth is a concern across all positions.

Offensively, we have pieces but are they the right pieces for the offense going forward?

I believe we have QB on the roster maybe 2-3 that can be successful in his offense.

I think we are missing a Eric Gray type back, we have a lot of bigger bodies.

I am not sure we have a great receiving TE.

We have some good pieces on the WR, QB and OL but how does the depth look?

Defensively, we just need more bodies and depth across the board.
Wright is a faster Eric Gray...just better at running through tackles.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Vol66,speed at wr?Are you completely out of it?Hiatt-3.1-3.2 40,Calloway,3.7-3.8,others.sub 4.0.That is speed.Need one of more of our qb's to get the ball there where they don't have to stop to catch it.Orange Lightning!

Attachments

• dont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gif
    dont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gif
    2 MB · Views: 2
We never had the players to run Pruitts defense, and he didn't adjust. Let's see who we get as a DC. I think we have the pieces necessary to run Heupel's offense. Whoever the DC is, he'll have to be creative in the pass rush. Presently, I worry about every single position on defense.

Tiyon Evans will start...experienced as Gray. Small, Beckwith and Wright more explosive AND sturdier runners than Gray or Chandler.

Not sure what you are basing all that on as we return about 150 yards rushing from last year

Last edited:

VN Store

Back