Our new Coach could be Tony Elliott (rumor)

3boni3.jpg
That’s from ‘81, too, right?

In that case, plant yourself some roses and spend your Fall Saturdays caring for them and bandwagon a team you can be enthusiastic about!
Please,sir put it down! Now you are spacing out on us! You do know what the definition of stupid is? Let me help you and bring you back to reality. "Doing the same thing over and over again (like UT coaching hires) and expecting a different result! 😂😂

With the mess UT is in, or about to be in via NCAA, what coach, without baggage, could legitimately come and take the job. Not “who we want” but who would take the risk, as well. This a specific hire that is needed. To not only win games but fix the culture or lack there of.
I get that. It's going to be hard to find a proven coach not named Freeze to jump at the opportunity. Gotta explore every option though. Don't tell me the search was through if we hire coordinator 3 or 4 days later.

I would get excited about a hire like this because the ceiling is so high, he could be the next dabo.. I worry about a hire like this, because he could be another Pruitt... either way, I’ll be excited about the hire and trust DW

I guess that's one way of looking at it. I just auto assumed he's Pruitt 2.0.

I trust this new AD tho so all we can do is let him do his thing and hope for the best. And hope we can pack Neyland this year and give our full support. Then judge him at the end of his first season.

Please,sir put it down! Now you are spacing out on us! You do know what the definition of stupid is? Let me help you and bring you back to reality. "Doing the same thing over and over again (like UT coaching hires) and expecting a different result! 😂😂
then find a new team or better yet coach your own......your bitchin and moanin are frankly growing tiresome. Do us all a favor and find a new team that pleases you.

Reactions: Bman1972!
then find a new team or better yet coach your own......your bitchin and moanin are frankly growing tiresome. Do us all a favor and find a new team that pleases you.
Nah I find it more enjoyable educating sunshine pumpers like yourself!😅😅

Reactions: Border Vol
Tennessee can do better than the markdown ben every time it comes to hiring football coaches. The people running Tennessee athletics are cheap as hell and don't ever want to spend much on head football coaches.
This hire really needs to be someone with P5 head coaching experience. We can't afford the risk of hiring a coordinator period.

Per my buddy who played on Clemson’s ‘81 Natty team, Elliott’s told Dabo he’s headed to Rocky Top.

Welcome Coach Elliott, I hope you’re here for the next 20 years!

GBO!

Well, I thought the job requirements were “proven track record as a successful HC with experience rebuilding a program?

I sure as hell hope not. That would be the most anti climatic of all the coaching searches I can remember. But your story isn’t amazing here. Why would your friend automatically know because he played there 40 years ago?

If so, another coordinator, another shot in the dark. It's the Tennessee way. We'll suck forever.

This wouldn’t surprise me a bit. I think the admin thought money was all it would take but this place is a damn dumpster fire right now. I know a couple of guys have already told them no. Idk who all is in the running at this point but I think we’ve had less interest than we thought.

Ironically even though we saved a bunch on Pruitt with not buying him out it seems no one worth 7 million a year wants to sign for someone that screws over a coach like that.

I’m not sure what to believe. I just want ADDW to bring someone great in and let’s get UT back on track! I’m trying to remain calm in these troubling times but damn it’s hard.

This wouldn’t surprise me a bit. I think the admin thought money was all it would take but this place is a damn dumpster fire right now. I know a couple of guys have already told them no. Idk who all is in the running at this point but I think we’ve had less interest than we thought.

Ironically even though we saved a bunch on Pruitt with not buying him out it seems no one worth 7 million a year wants to sign for someone that screws over a coach like that.
I predict by the end of next season, White will be begging any school in Florida for an AD job. And we will be no better off then we are right now record wise.

Screws over a coach like that? The same coach who by sheer stupidity, arrogance, and incompetence has us staring at NCAA sanctions? That poor innocent soul?

Yeah, sure was mean to fire someone like that for cause.

Good grief.

Screws over a coach like that? The same coach who by sheer stupidity, arrogance, and incompetence has us staring at NCAA sanctions? That poor innocent soul?

Yeah, sure was mean to fire someone like that for cause.

Good grief.
You think the self reported cheating started with Pruitt?

The conference cheats. We cheat. Yet we now self report? Pruitt was our fall guy. He’s in that catch 22 of not having better management of the illicit culture here, but better management of rules being broken would make him more complicit.

The cheating got out of hand and was utilized as an opportunity to get rid of Pruitt without the buyout. We’ll see if that’s cheaper in the long run.

VN Store

Back