Our new Coach could be Tony Elliott (rumor)

Per my buddy who played on Clemson’s ‘81 Natty team, Elliott’s told Dabo he’s headed to Rocky Top.

Welcome Coach Elliott, I hope you’re here for the next 20 years!

GBO!
3boni3.jpg

Its not that I hate it. Just not ideal... I think in our situation, we need an experienced p5 HC to get us through the sanctions we are about to face.
With the mess UT is in, or about to be in via NCAA, what coach, without baggage, could legitimately come and take the job. Not “who we want” but who would take the risk, as well. This a specific hire that is needed. To not only win games but fix the culture or lack there of.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
With the mess UT is in, or about to be in via NCAA, what coach, without baggage, could legitimately come and take the job. Not “who we want” but who would take the risk, as well. This a specific hire that is needed. To not only win games but fix the culture or lack there of.
I hope he turns down the offer because UT can do better.

I’m not buying it. Danny White seems like he’d run a tight lipped ship. I don’t believe the “leaks” but it’s fun reading all of the comments.

I am not sure of anything, but think maybe he was approached as part of the vetting of a list of candidates or even asked a hypothetical or two and possibly indicated to a family member he was thrilled to be considered and would have to take such a job if offered. Then communications started and alas here we are. Another option he is our next coach.... I keep checking the internet and see interest but nothing about him getting the offer. So I will hold on... really expecting a few days before a trigger is pulled.

Reactions: VolRage
I am not sure of anything, but think maybe he was approached as part of the vetting of a list of candidates or even asked a hypothetical or two and possibly indicated to a family member he was thrilled to be considered and would have to take such a job if offered. Then communications started and alas here we are. Another option he is our next coach.... I keep checking the internet and see interest but nothing about him getting the offer. So I will hold on... really expecting a few days before a trigger is pulled.
Check the Coachery thread. We may have a HC announced by noon tomorrow.

Reactions: volfan8
I’m sure whichever Mod edited my post will change it back when Elliott’s announced. When did this place get so sensitive about posts passing along info that comes from a “source?” Following the Twitter editorial/censorship policy now, Freak?

I’ve been on here for 15 years or so and have never been a rumormonger. I got a tip from a reliable old friend that has significant ties to Clemson football and I trust him...not the kind of guy that stirs **** up. In fact, he wouldn’t reach out to me with any info if he didn’t know it to be true. He’s not the message board type.

I shared it here because if one of y’all got this kind of tip, I’d want to know and would expect to see it posted on here. If it turns out to be false (which it won’t), I’ll own it and then sun will continue to rise. I think all the hate is funny. The editing of my topic is shocking...RUMOR? It’s a freakin’ internet message board!

Our next head coach COULD be Donald Trump or Kid Rock or Ginger Lynn or Bill Cowher (some seriously thought we could lure him back into coaching in ‘07/‘08 - 😂).

I’ll take Kid Rock or Donald Trump as the HC in a heartbeat. The interviews would be iconic. With Kid Rock as HC we could have Cowboy as our theme song. 😂😂😂😂

Please support whoever is hired! Damn it so many of you are delusional. We're a dumpster fire facing NCAA sanctions and many just blow that off like it's nothing and we can waltz in and hire Meyer or anyone we want. Has recent history not shown you anything? We're in worse shape than ever and very few coaches want to take on this mess. We better hope the next coach can navigate us through this mess to a respectable level. Geez what morons
Yes...if only we would have supported the other failed coaches, we would be in this mess!!

Let's get behind Coach Elliott and buy in...he will make TN great again.....build that recruiting "wall" around our state
to keep other coaches out of our high schools, poaching talent.....unify the base, take no prisoners, lead us to glory
Ugh! We did this three times in a row! Look where it got us! Good grief put the pipe down!

Reactions: Border Vol

VN Store

Back