What I am hearing about reasons for current UT Football dysfunction

If any of this is true every single one of them need to be fired right #%^*+#% now! I’m tired of this shat! I think they all need to be fired for the product that’s been on the field period!

Reactions: volfan1nc
7. Pruitt will be forced to let go of his guys (Friend gone, Nerdeimeyer and Weinke next). Tee will likely be Co-OC for 2021. Pruitt is fed up with Fulmer and would be happy to leave.
fyp on # 7

Reactions: Tetonvol
All the more reason to start cleaning house from the top down, piss poor performance, lack of leadership, big budget mediocrity, and the red ink is now flowing in every direction with no fan dollars being plowed into the operation and they may well have to get used to it with the mess Fulmer has created and elected to stick around for, watching his "legacy" at Tennessee rot, rust and deteriorate resulting in another unceremonious discharge from the university employment ranks yet again

Last edited:
OP said to take it for what it’s worth! Climbing his AZZ for putting the information he has heard out there is typical Tennessee! BVS
I wouldn’t doubt one bit that 100% of this is true!
When’s the last time you’ve seen a position coach fired in his first year of a contract , half way through the season! Did Chaney all of a sudden forget how to coach? Where’s the fire from Pruitt? He was trashed for kicking white boards and now acts like a whipped pup on the sidelines! Like it or not!
IT BOILS DOWN TO FULMER! He needs to go!I find it hard to believe,weather you want Pruitt to stay or be fired, that the man lost all his coaching ability once he arrived in Knoxville! It’s hard to be a dog catcher with someone standing over your shoulder telling you what to do everyday! The man may be a Azzhole!! But he knows more about football than any of us on this board.... and for the record I’m hoping for a change! So not defending Pruitt!
Just pointing out the obvious!

Pruitts bad, Fulmer is worse. Both swimming in jobs neither have the ability to handle. So if you have a renegade position coach telling people he’s the future of Tennessee then that’s a result of absolute lack of leadership or qualification for the job.

Talking to local reporters, some ex-players and others, below is what I have been able to gather about current state of football program. Now this all comes from informal chats and people claiming they know this stuff so take is for what it is worth.

1. Fulmer still likes to act like he is the head coach. He meddles into everything from basic practice to game planning, personnel etc. Pruitt is sick of being micro-managed.
  2. There are three factions in coaching staff:
    1. Tee and Jay are Fulmer's boys and they act very much like it too. Tee in particular acts like he is above head coach and has been cause of a lot of friction with in staff.
    2. Pruitt, Friend, Nerdimeyer, Weinke are in another camp. Tee and Jay particularly dislike Nerdimeyer
    3. Derek Ansely, Chaney and Shelton Felton generally stay away from these groups.
  3. Ansley has a weak personality and deflects any pressure to Pruitt. Lacks leadership.
  4. Pruitt micro-manages the offense through Chaney while Tee tries to run his own stuff. Chaney is very disengaged and even does not run a lot of meetings. He was not like this in his previous stunt here. He just stopped caring.
  5. Shelton Felton, Osovet, Brambaugh etc are/were good coaches who are just caught in amazing dysfunction. Brambaugh got fired because he was tired of Pruitt dissing DL all the time and he got into heated argument with Pruitt a lot.
  6. Tee tells people around him that he will be HC here someday and he will run this place like Belichik runs Patriots.
  7. Pruitt will be forced to let go of his guys (Friend gone, Nerdeimeyer and Weinke next). Tee will likely be Co-OC for 2021. Pruitt is fed up with Fulmer and would be happy to take his buyout and leave.
  8. Fulmer has a lot of boosters support and Pruitt still feels like outsider.
  9. Team is completely divided.
The amount of dysfunction and politics at UTAD is disgusting. Fulmer is root of it. Pruitt does not have the personality to be a HC who can handle all this and Tee is an opportunist who is waiting his turn fueling the infighting.
1st post?

Reactions: ChiefTKE
I heard similar with regard to Tee and Graham. Hard to get respect of staff when they played for the AD

Reactions: Woke
OP said to take it for what it’s worth! Climbing his AZZ for putting the information he has heard out there is typical Tennessee! BVS
I wouldn’t doubt one bit that 100% of this is true!
When’s the last time you’ve seen a position coach fired in his first year of a contract , half way through the season! Did Chaney all of a sudden forget how to coach? Where’s the fire from Pruitt? He was trashed for kicking white boards and now acts like a whipped pup on the sidelines! Like it or not!
IT BOILS DOWN TO FULMER! He needs to go!I find it hard to believe,weather you want Pruitt to stay or be fired, that the man lost all his coaching ability once he arrived in Knoxville! It’s hard to be a dog catcher with someone standing over your shoulder telling you what to do everyday! The man may be a Azzhole!! But he knows more about football than any of us on this board.... and for the record I’m hoping for a change! So not defending Pruitt!
Just pointing out the obvious!
Who hired him and fired him?

Talking to local reporters, some ex-players and others, below is what I have been able to gather about current state of football program. Now this all comes from informal chats and people claiming they know this stuff so take is for what it is worth.

1. Fulmer still likes to act like he is the head coach. He meddles into everything from basic practice to game planning, personnel etc. Pruitt is sick of being micro-managed.
    1. Tee and Jay are Fulmer's boys and they act very much like it too. Tee in particular acts like he is above head coach and has been cause of a lot of friction with in staff.
    2. Pruitt, Friend, Nerdimeyer, Weinke are in another camp. Tee and Jay particularly dislike Nerdimeyer
    3. Derek Ansely, Chaney and Shelton Felton generally stay away from these groups.
  3. Ansley has a weak personality and deflects any pressure to Pruitt. Lacks leadership.
  4. Pruitt micro-manages the offense through Chaney while Tee tries to run his own stuff. Chaney is very disengaged and even does not run a lot of meetings. He was not like this in his previous stunt here. He just stopped caring.
  5. Shelton Felton, Osovet, Brambaugh etc are/were good coaches who are just caught in amazing dysfunction. Brambaugh got fired because he was tired of Pruitt dissing DL all the time and he got into heated argument with Pruitt a lot.
  6. Tee tells people around him that he will be HC here someday and he will run this place like Belichik runs Patriots.
  7. Pruitt will be forced to let go of his guys (Friend gone, Nerdeimeyer and Weinke next). Tee will likely be Co-OC for 2021. Pruitt is fed up with Fulmer and would be happy to take his buyout and leave.
The amount of dysfunction and politics at UTAD is disgusting. Fulmer is root of it. Pruitt does not have the personality to be a HC who can handle all this and Tee is an opportunist who is waiting his turn fueling the infighting.

Man, look: I have 1 source inside the UTAD and he is as low as low can get, speaking from the totem pole aspect. I’ve never posted anything he has ever told me bc I’m not that trusting of his info. However, the few things he has told me has been spot on. I say that to say that everything you said is complete b.s. I’m not saying you’re lying, but you definitely have some really bad intel.

Op probably doesn’t have a lot more insight than any of us that are big fans and constantly searching for and reading any article he can find on ut. But I’m sure he’s right on some of these points. Specifically about the general disfunction going on behind the scenes. I say that some of the claims are hard to believe. Specifically the one about fulmer trying to basically coach the team from his ad position. I doubt that’s happening. Pruitt is his hand picked guy and he n it’s likely the only one he’ll get. He’s not going to lose the guy off. He desperately wants to see Pruitt succeed. Also, I doubt fulmer has tremendous support from the boosters. I’m sure that’s a very divided group. Hell...some of the posters on here are boosters and fulmer damn sure doesn’t have much support here.
Anyway, one thing is for certain...tn is extremely disfunctional and unorganized right now. There have been no real comments on Pruitt’s future and no comments about the positions that are open amd need to be filled.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Op probably doesn’t have a lot more insight than any of us that are big fans and constantly searching for and reading any article he can find on ut. But I’m sure he’s right on some of these points. Specifically about the general disfunction going on behind the scenes. I say that some of the claims are hard to believe. Specifically the one about fulmer trying to basically coach the team from his ad position. I doubt that’s happening. Pruitt is his hand picked guy and he n it’s likely the only one he’ll get. He’s not going to lose the guy off. He desperately wants to see Pruitt succeed. Also, I doubt fulmer has tremendous support from the boosters. I’m sure that’s a very divided group. Hell...some of the posters on here are boosters and fulmer damn sure doesn’t have much support here.
Anyway, one thing is for certain...tn is extremely disfunctional and unorganized right now. There have been no real comments on Pruitt’s future and no comments about the positions that are open amd need to be filled.
Not

No. Lol.....536D6E52-A57E-4F11-8B5C-F727B19A14DD.jpeg

Reactions: SalVolinus
I don’t think he’s qualified to be a head coach at this point, but I don’t know why people seem to hate Tee. The whole “I’ll be done cheering for UT if Tee is coach” thing is ridiculous. You’re still cheering for the team while it’s coached by an incompetent Bammer but you’ll be done if it’s coached by a potentially incompetent national championship winning UT quarterback? Weird

I don’t think he’s qualified to be a head coach at this point, but I don’t know why people seem to hate Tee. The whole “I’ll be done cheering for UT if Tee is coach” thing is ridiculous. You’re still cheering for the team while it’s coached by an incompetent Bammer but you’ll be done if it’s coached by a potentially incompetent national championship winning UT quarterback? Weird
It’s hate to say Tee is not remotely qualified to be the head coach at Tennessee? I mean that’s just facts. And just because people belie e that doesn’t mean that they believe that the bammer guy is. Neither are period. I don’t ‘hate’ Tee but if we make another hire like him, which is the same load of crap we have hire hired for over a decade now, then who could blame people for being done. I think I speak for many that if we don’t go out and make a real hire this time like a Freeze then I’m just done. Almost 20 years of this **** show and if UT doesn’t care then I’m finally done as well. I can put my money else where.

It’s hate to say Tee is not remotely qualified to be the head coach at Tennessee? I mean that’s just facts. And just because people belie e that doesn’t mean that they believe that the bammer guy is. Neither are period. I don’t ‘hate’ Tee but if we make another hire like him, which is the same load of crap we have hire hired for over a decade now, then who could blame people for being done. I think I speak for many that if we don’t go out and make a real hire this time like a Freeze then I’m just done. Almost 20 years of this **** show and if UT doesn’t care then I’m finally done as well. I can put my money else where.
Well I’ve not seen “If we hire another unqualified coach, I’m done”. That would be one thing. I’m seeing “If we hire Tee, I’m done.” The singling out of Tee is what is odd to me

Pruitts bad, Fulmer is worse. Both swimming in jobs neither have the ability to handle. So if you have a renegade position coach telling people he’s the future of Tennessee then that’s a result of absolute lack of leadership or qualification for the job.
Both were put in their high paying positions for only one reason, they do as told.
The problem with Vol football goes much higher than HC and AD.
There is a reason both have not been fired yet for incompetence.
He who sets on the Golden Throne above the High Table of Tennessee football makes all the decisions. Everyone blames CJP for sticking with JG at QB for so long. I cannot believe that would have been the case had it not been decreed from on high. If a HC has his starting QB picked out for him by others, the program will never improve. This meddling has gone on at UT for a long time.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back