Marvel's Black Panther

Medium length braids with no hair on the sides? Didn't the producers and costume designers know 537 people would despise that move?

Reactions: 2 people
I thought most of his dialogue, or the delivery of it, was more distracting than his hair.

Also... are the inner lip things tattoos or something Wakandans are born with due to the vibrianium?

I thought most of his dialogue, or the delivery of it, was more distracting than his hair.

Also... are the inner lip things tattoos or something Wakandans are born with due to the vibrianium?
I agree with the dialogue. It wasn't what he was saying, but he sounded like Marlyn Wayons to me. It just made it difficult to take him as a bad guy when he sounded like him.

I finally got to see this tonight, because I'm seeing Infinity War tomorrow.

I'd give it a 7.5-8/10. It's definitely not as good as all the hype, but still one of the better superhero movies.

I don't think IW is going to end up making more domestically than BP. BP made $698 million and IW is at $621 million. It's going to be hard for IW to make $70 million more IMO.

I finally got to see this tonight, because I'm seeing Infinity War tomorrow.

I'd give it a 7.5-8/10. It's definitely not as good as all the hype, but still one of the better superhero movies.

I just watched this over the weekend as well and I agree 1000%. It was "good" but absolutely no way do I think it's as good as all the hype and praise would suggest. I personally didn't like it as much as other comic movies such as Logan, Iron Man, Wonder Woman, Deadpool, Batman Begins, Captain America 2 & 3, etc.

Finally watched it tonight. I don't see the big deal. It's just another comic book superhero movie. Entertaining but nothing memorable.

7/10.

Finally watched it tonight. I don't see the big deal. It's just another comic book superhero movie. Entertaining but nothing memorable.

7/10.

It was a good movie and a little different. I think the hoopla was the fact that a mainly black cast cut through the common stereotypes and produced a widely accepted blockbuster. It was relevant and worthy of being in the Marvel universe as a standalone that plays an important role in Infinity Wars.

Finally attempted to watch. Good lord this was horrible. I stopped watching 30 minutes into it.

Yeah definitely the worst marvel movie to me. It was boring, the villain was lame and the actor who played the villain sucked. Black panther himself was cool though.

Finally attempted to watch. Good lord this was horrible. I stopped watching 30 minutes into it.

It was a solid movie, but as we’ve all stated multiple times, vastly overrated.

It cracks me up that it’s won so many awards, more than any other MCU movie. We’re such a PC world these days. Other MCU movies have been far more deserving of a trophy case full of awards, but this one I guess made some kind of statement about black people/Africa, so it gets littered with awards, even though it’s mediocre at best.

It cracks me up that it’s won so many awards, more than any other MCU movie. We’re such a PC world these days. Other MCU movies have been far more deserving of a trophy case full of awards, but this one I guess made some kind of statement about black people/Africa, so it gets littered with awards, even though it’s mediocre at best.

If Marvel can rustle up a gay, multi-racial disabled superhero on the spectrum it will rain Oscars,

Reactions: Pacer92 and hog88

Name one major award that it won that you find so controversial? I'll save you the trouble. It won MTV awards and then Oscars for score, costume, and production design. Maybe you could gripe about it winning a SAG for best ensemble cast, but I doubt anybody here knew who won any SAG's ever. BTW, Spiderman 2 won best visual effects. Suicide Squad won best makeup. It's a PC conspiracy!

The perception that Black Panther was well received because of its blackness is some dumb ****. It's the flip side of the same hypersensitive PC culture coin. There are plenty of movies filled with PC blackness that don't win awards and none of them have ever been box office smashes. You guys are complaining as if this movie played to a small crowd of Hollywood elitists. Almost everybody saw this movie, and almost everybody loved it.

Last edited:
Name one major award that it won that you find so controversial? I'll save you the trouble. It won MTV awards and then Oscars for score, costume, and production design. Maybe you could gripe about it winning a SAG for best ensemble cast, but I doubt anybody here knew who won any SAG's ever. BTW, Spiderman 2 won best visual effects. Suicide Squad won best makeup. It's a PC conspiracy!

The perception that Black Panther was well received because of its blackness is some dumb ****. It's the flip side of the same hypersensitive PC culture coin. There are plenty of movies filled with PC blackness that don't win awards and none of them have ever been box office smashes. You guys are complaining as if this movie played to a small crowd of Hollywood elitists. Almost everybody saw this movie, and almost everybody loved it.
I don't know. That's pretty much all anyone talked about as far as I saw in entertainment. It's story is kinda typical. The special effects are typical for today's movies. The acting was standard fare.

It's an entertaining super hero comic book movie. But nothing about it stands out over others. Other than the world celebrating it because of it's cast and racial subject matter.

Last edited:
I don't know. That's pretty much all anyone talked about as far as I saw in entertainment. It's story is kinda typical. The special effects are typical for today's movies. The acting was standard fare.

It's an entertaining super hero comic book movie. But nothing about it stands out over others. Other than the world celebrating it because of it's cast.

The story is kinda typical? Not really. They blurred lines between villains and heroes. That's not typical at all for a comic book movie. Has any movie ever been a blockbuster because the acting was good?

Age of Ultron has grossed more than BP, and it doesn't stand out above the rest, either. Iron Man 3 is the highest grossing Iron Man movie (just behind BP) and by all accounts, it's bad.

SIAP, but a lot of this was shot in Atlanta.

The museum that is robbed is the High Museum. and the projects where the uncle lived, seen at the start and the end, is Wheat Street Tower. Right next to the The King Center, and part of the Historic area. The tower is also a project my firm is helping remodel. No real exterior changes, besides a paint job and new windows. But we are excited and joking with the guy in charge how he liked working with Wakandans and if our redesign makes it into the second movie. I put the chances as slim to none, but its fun seeing some stuff I am familiar with in big time movies.

VN Store

Back