Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am definitely biased, but I would put golf ahead of volleyball, softball, and swimming. At least those athletes have a chance to play professionally and bring some notoriety to the University. JMO
When was the last time Tennessee had someone win a PGA tournament? (Really am curious)

I am definitely biased, but I would put golf ahead of volleyball, softball, and swimming. At least those athletes have a chance to play professionally and bring some notoriety to the University. JMO

Serious question, but why do so many foreigners play golf in the SEC?

Odd stance. Some of the ones you put behind golf will or have played in the Olympics. I'd say they bring as much notoriety as any.
Maybe...every 4 yrs. They (PGA announcers) do talk about where guys went to college on TV coverage a lot.
I did say I'm biased having played college and professionally.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Maybe...every 4 yrs. They (PGA announcers) do talk about where guys went to college on TV coverage a lot.
I did say I'm biased having played college and professionally.
I get it. I guess my argument is that golf is watched by people who like golf, but the Olympics are watched by people who like sports in general. More of a national pride thing, larger exposure overall.

Reactions: drylo
Serious question, but why do so many foreigners play golf in the SEC?
A lot of Universities recruit heavily overseas. Those kids want to play in the US and will often reach out to coaches themselves. It's amazing to look at rosters around the country and see how many foreign players there are. The west coast has tons of Asian players.

A lot of Universities recruit heavily overseas. Those kids want to play in the US and will often reach out to coaches themselves. It's amazing to look at rosters around the country and see how many foreign players there are. The west coast has tons of Asian players.

With the explosion of youth golf in this country do you think that trend will change?

From my view there are waaay more kids playing competitive golf in this area than ever before

Also I love Callaway as punt returner but I hope we can find somebody else really good there next year. I'm always paranoid he's gonna get hurt and I think he's too important offensively to lose.
That plus there has to be someone w elite speed on our team who can be reliable to haul in the punt. Even though Calloway housed 1, it was against a weak team.
Want someone back there that puts fear in the opposing team..

I could've been an alumnus with McIlroy 😢

Reactions: JCLawyerVol
With the explosion of youth golf in this country do you think that trend will change?

From my view there are waaay more kids playing competitive golf in this area than ever before
Honestly, with the growth of the game in Korea and China..........I see more and more foreign players coming over.

when I coached, our team was the only one in the Conference that didn't have a foreign player.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Honestly, with the growth of the game in Korea and China..........I see more and more foreign players coming over.

when I coached, our team was the only one in the Conference that didn't have a foreign player.

Is my perception correct that way more kids are playing competitive golf now in the states/Tenn?

Is my perception correct that way more kids are playing competitive golf now in the states/Tenn?
I haven't seen that, but maybe where you play. But these kids that I'm seeing are WAAAAAY better than we were at that age. It's scary how good they are.

I haven't seen that, but maybe where you play. But these kids that I'm seeing are WAAAAAY better than we were at that age. It's scary how good they are.

Ok. I have a son that is involved so that's why I have that perception. Sneds, uskids and the jr pga leagues are highly participated in

Reactions: peaygolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back