Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I love Callaway as punt returner but I hope we can find somebody else really good there next year. I'm always paranoid he's gonna get hurt and I think he's too important offensively to lose.

I defended Helton as the season went on last year. I thought he had some solid games and calls at times.

But man... That being said, I am glad we have Chaney moving forward. Looking back, Helton was sporadic and didn't really play to our strengths enough.

There is so much room to grow on offense. So pumped to see what Chaney puts together. He's gonna make it a lot easier on JG and our line.

Also I think Jahmir Johnson was our best offensive lineman. We weren't a very good unit overall. Our tackles were bad (thankfully help is on the way). But he played so mean and aggressive at guard individually. We need more guys like him. I think he will be the heart and soul of that position group next year.

39 yard heave to the end zone to Callaway to end the half just puts a stake through the Kitty's hearts. You could feel Kentucky unraveling even before that. I had kinda forgotten about that play. Marquez is just a grown ass man.

Reactions: drvenner
NBA is boring. Watch the last 5 minutes if you want to see who wins.
NBA went down hill with 1 and done players. They lack fundamentals. If I wanted to watch street ball, i will go to the park. I actually find the Big 3 entertaining. It's crazy that half court ball with retired players is actually better than the NBA.

39 yard heave to the end zone to Callaway to end the half just puts a stake through the Kitty's hearts. You could feel Kentucky unraveling even before that. I had kinda forgotten about that play. Marquez is just a grown ass man.
Yeah the wildcat player choking JJ on the ground in the endzone was a sign that they had given up....actually the punch thrown on the touchdown was the first sign that they had given up.

Reactions: triadvolfan
Also I love Callaway as punt returner but I hope we can find somebody else really good there next year. I'm always paranoid he's gonna get hurt and I think he's too important offensively to lose.
We need someone more explosive there, IMO. Callaway is decent enough, but he doesn't really have the speed to make most of our SEC opponents pay.

I hear Coach Gram is a real liter.
200.gif

Reactions: Brillovol
Men's Football

Men's Basketball

Baseball

Track

Softball

Volleyball

Womens B Ball

Swimming

Golf

How it should be for all universities.
I am definitely biased, but I would put golf ahead of volleyball, softball, and swimming. At least those athletes have a chance to play professionally and bring some notoriety to the University. JMO

Secondary recruiter for Eric Gray and Warren Burrell. I might add: Weinke was also the first coach mentioned, whenever Gray was talking about what brought him to Knoxville. Weinke also took over the recruitment of Maurer whenever Helton left; and speaking of his IMG connections, and what prize recruit he's landed from there, he was Primary recruiter for Chris Akporoghene. Need to do some learnin', man.

Also, AV has already said, WHEN we land Rogers from Michigan, Weinke will be who we can thank for it.

Also, to mention...Weinke was an Offensive Analyst at Bama before coming here; along with Osovet, I'm willing to say that he has a major input on the ENTIRE offense; does anyone truly believe that Pruitt brought him here just to coach RBs last year? Come on.

And lastly, @Bassmaster_Vol , I love you, man, and agree with you 9 out of 10 times; but, you are on the wrong side of this argument, my friend.

Vol Coaching Staff Recruiting Ranking

357. CHRIS WEINKE
Weinke, who previously served as Tennessee's running backs coach and now is expected to work with the Vols' quarterbacks, was one of the main recruiters for four of their signees. He was the primary recruiter for three-star Tennessee offensive line signee Chris Akporoghene of IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., where Weinke previously worked. Weinke also was the secondary recruiter for four-star Tennessee running back signee Eric Gray of Lausanne Collegiate School in Memphis, Tenn., the only true running back in the Vols' class, and three-star cornerback signee Warren Burrell of North Gwinnett High School in Suwanee, Ga. Weinke also is credited as the "keeper" recruiter for three-star quarterback signee Brian Maurer of Ocala, Fla., who initially was recruited for Tennessee by former offensive coordinator Tyson Helton

A waste of space...Kevin is below him, but at least he does some good coaching.

I am definitely biased, but I would put golf ahead of volleyball, softball, and swimming. At least those athletes have a chance to play professionally and bring some notoriety to the University. JMO
Odd stance. Some of the ones you put behind golf will or have played in the Olympics. I'd say they bring as much notoriety as any.

Reactions: Brillovol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back