My annual why are we playing them post

I doubt it. Alabama saw the light after all the failed Mike Hires. They spent what it it took to get Saban. When Saban retires they will outbid anyone including Clemson for Dabo. Alabama wont be going anywhere unless NCAA infractions penalize them.

I continue to say we are stupid to play them every year. We will get them in the SEC Championship anyway, if we ever get that good. No I’m not afraid to play them, no you don’t just get better and beat them, no traditional rivals don’t need to stay that way for good. No your manhood is not challenged because you believe there is a better, smarter way to approach the schedule. This game puts us at a disadvantage, both in divisional standings, bowl standing and recruiting. Steve Spurrier was right about traditional rivals, you simply make it easier for you divisional opponents. All you trolls that want to call everyone that believes this as some kind of traitor, I say fake news! If that had been Ole Miss yesterday and we were 4-3 coming out of the game the season already looks better. Rant over!

Well I don't exactly remember any of our fans saying we should stop playing them when they sucked and we beat them 9 or 10 in a row. Take the beating like a man and move on. There's no guarantee that the next coach after Saban will be able to produce the same results as him, or even close to anything he has done.

We'll get better and we will beat them and when we do the Bama fans will lose their collective minds.

Let me first say they are our rival, it’s tradition, it’s the 3rd Saturday in October. We are supposed to play them and I am all for that. On the flip side it is not fair that we play Alabama every year while someone plays Arkansas every year. We still play them every year but when we are scheduled to play Alabama in the rotation it should count as an SEC conference game. When they are not in our rotation to play it should count as a non conference game. Best of both worlds.

I continue to say we are stupid to play them every year. We will get them in the SEC Championship anyway, if we ever get that good. No I’m not afraid to play them, no you don’t just get better and beat them, no traditional rivals don’t need to stay that way for good. No your manhood is not challenged because you believe there is a better, smarter way to approach the schedule. This game puts us at a disadvantage, both in divisional standings, bowl standing and recruiting. Steve Spurrier was right about traditional rivals, you simply make it easier for you divisional opponents. All you trolls that want to call everyone that believes this as some kind of traitor, I say fake news! If that had been Ole Miss yesterday and we were 4-3 coming out of the game the season already looks better. Rant over!

Simply put, you are a traitor.

We want to get to their level. No one in the nation is at their level. If we can get there we will be a good as anyone in the nation. I think Pruitt understands player development and recruiting. He needs the time to make it happen.

I never liked the idea of having permanent rival games...just play everyone in your division and rotate who you play out of the west each year...sure you may play someone two years in a row once every few years but just thought it was some way to make the schedule more fair for everyone unlike what we face now...just two cents worth...:D

GO VOLS!

Reactions: MAUSERWERKE
A few snowflakes among the ranks I see. Suck it up buttercups, bama wont always be this good.
That’s still missing the point.

We want the Vols to get better.

It’s not about the gumps getting worse, just the Vols getting better.

It think you are missing the point. The OP's point is about the cross-divisional rivalry with Alabama, not how strong or weak the East is.

They don't have a choice. But what team wouldn't want an automatic loss taken off their schedule every year?
It would have to be campaigned for and the actual documentation would be framed by anyone recruiting against us. “Want to play for that mess who begged for mercy?” ESPN wouldn’t reference it one bit. 😉

Reactions: MemphisVol77
They don't have a choice. But what team wouldn't want an automatic loss taken off their schedule every year?
The ones that cry about a team on their schedule because they "cant" get good enough to beat them.

Rememeber that time we whined about taking NC State, I think it was, off the schedule?

The ones that cry about a team on their schedule because they "cant" get good enough to beat them.

Rememeber that time we whined about taking NC State, I think it was, off the schedule?

TN fans love to live in the past. We play Alabama ever year because we are Tennessee. Lol.

It's not whining about not getting as good as Bama. It's highly likely we won't get that good. No team really has. It just sucks going into every season with 2 automatic losses before playing a single game.

VN Store

Back