Herbstreit: "...it wouldn't shock me at all if this is Alabama's toughest test to this point."

He publicly condemned Gaulden for his double salute to the Bama fans and then publicly defended Mayfield for a crotch grab. I don’t know what’s in Herb’s heart, but in this day and time, he should’ve been much smarter than that.

He didn't apologize until he got called out on it and he was super quiet during the entire Urban Meyer/Zack Smith fiasco....

Yeah, Butch may know the players, but he has zero idea about our schemes. Heck, he knew very little about his own schemes. LOL!
Pruit knows Bama players, Jones knows UT players, BIG advantage Vols...........,,,,,,,,,
Everything else advantage Bama

and if you just glance at that guy, he looks like Greg Macelroy, which makes it even funnier.

Herbstreit is feelin TN lately. I think it will be closer than most think.

What has me ntrigued, is having to listen to Gary D calling this game. IFIFIF the refs call any plays our way, I can see Gary running down to the field and begging them to reverse call.

Perhaps this team can make Gary D show his feel for TN this Saturday.

Reactions: VolNExile
I'd love to see this happen, but I don't expect us to play Alabama better than A&M did. I think the best we can hope for is that it is their toughest road game to date, because they sure haven't had one of those.

I think LSU is the only team with the ability to even somewhat challenge Alabama this year, barring some kind of massive intra-season improvement from Auburn's offense.

I lean towards disagreeing with this opinion -- if our WR's and JG can make the catches and throws like we did last weekend, and if JG can break for 1 or 2 long draw plays and if we can contain Hurts, this just might be a game.

Go VOLS !

Even if that were true, It wouldnt be impressive since bama has only played one quality opponent so far (TEXAS A&M).

Even though the game is in Neyland Stadium, the atmosphere wont be like the crazy loudness of the 2016 Bama UT game. It'll be loud throughout the first half as usual but Bama knows how to humble the Neyland atmosphere in the 2nd half here. Theyve done It everytime theyve come here under Saban. ;Bama will have the game and crowd controlled in 3rd quarter .We just dont have the dogs to put up against Bama. We will in 2 years , maybe next year. But not now. I'm proud of the fight OUR Vols are showing since the Florida game, and they're growing into better players finally -- but Bama is Bama LOL

I lean towards disagreeing with this opinion -- if our WR's and JG can make the catches and throws like we did last weekend, and if JG can break for 1 or 2 long draw plays and if we can contain Hurts, this just might be a game.

Go VOLS !
The issue won't necessarily be JG and the WRs making plays. Alabama's offense, with or without Tua, is just much better than Auburn's. It is going to be extremely difficult to pressure their QB and stop the run. Maybe we can still hit some of those passes we hit against Auburn, but we won that game because Auburn had 3 turnovers we scored 14 points off of.

Dpy9MR3XUAABpi3.jpg:large

via SEC Mike

If Tua is even slightly banged up why would you not start Hurts? Especially against a 29 point dog! Bama is probably going undefeated to the Natty acceptance ceremony anyway but its virtually assured with a healthy Tua. Your backup QB is 26-2 with a Natty to his credit so why risk the guy who does make you invincible? Doesn't matter for the outcome of the game Saturday and we'll see a lot of Hurts most likely regardless, just seems a bit reckless given what Bama has on the line. I feel the same way on our side about Wood-Anderson, Locklear, Jahmir Johnson, etc. If these guys aren't close to 100% they need to sit and get well for the stretch run where we have a legit chance of running the table. JMHO - GBO!

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Only issue is if we come out slow like we have every other game this year basically. You come out slow against AL and you are going to be down 24/28-0 before halftime.

If I thought our OL could protect JG I would say we would give them a close game. I still don't have confidence in them and Bama leads the SEC in sacks. I think if we can stay inside a 20 point loss we should be proud of our improvement. That would mean the rest on the teams on the schedule better watch out for Tennessee.

We could be ranked now with Bama’s schedule. A loss to A&M though.
Don't think so. Out of Louisville, Ole Miss, A&M, Arkansas, and Missouri, we lose probably 3 of those games. We've really only played one "good" game all year.

I think it all comes down to if Tua plays or not. If he plays I'm not real sure we keep it close, is it possible? Yeah but realistically I don't see it. Now if Hurts plays I think we have a better chance, cause it's a totally different offense with him in there and not as good as one.

I don't buy all that. Hurts has nothing to lose other than prove himself and that the team is just as good with him. He will go balls out anytime he's out there.

Guys, he’s not saying we’ll play them close. Nobody has played them close. He has only said we’d lose but maybe by not as much as anyone else has so far. That’s still kind of like saying we lose by 30 points instead of 40. I agree that Herbstreit has a soft spot for UT. But he’s not dumb enough to say we’ve got a chance to hang with them (very unlikely) or beat them (most unlikely).

I'll be happy if our D can stuff the run...if they can run at will and pass like they normal do they will hang 60 on us...

Reactions: TrentVol

VN Store

Back