Herbstreit: "...it wouldn't shock me at all if this is Alabama's toughest test to this point."

People are underestimating A&M imo. 2 losses, Clemson and Bama. UK's only loss. If he really thinks he will 1-up A&M's "respectable" 22 point loss, then he has a lot more confidence in us than myself. 3 TDs ot fewer would be a monumental effort.

Reactions: MustafaRasta
Progress, steady progress. Player development. In game adjustments. THIS is what this team needed in the worst way and we are seeing it right before our eyes.
Would love to win, but realistically I'd like to see continued improvement in our team and have them play hard; hopefully no more injuries. Miracles can happen. I did buy some lottery tickets tonight. Lol.

Dpy9MR3XUAABpi3.jpg:large

via SEC Mike
Here’s what I hate. Every year we talk about being competitive vs Bama and get blown the f*** out and people flip out and want to burn the university to the ground.

We are going to lose, we are going to get out everythinged. If we hold them under 35 it would be huge for us. This isn’t your usual Bama team they can and do score at will.

I say every year we will get closer. Unfortunately unlike Kirby smart who doesn’t play Bama every year, we do. Kirby’s second year wouldn’t have been as successful if they’d met Bama in the regular season.

We have the toughest schedule and won’t have the luck UGA had last year because of Bama. We will have to earn everything we get.

Reactions: tbones0711
Not just lately. Herbie seems to have a soft spot for us. I remember him picking us to win the division in '06 despite the disaster the previous season. Off the top of my head, I know that he also picked us in '15 and '16 as well. I think it's safe to say that any criticism from him is, like many members of this site, due to his high expectations.

Of course, he has a soft spot for UT. He lives in Nashville and probably loves the state. I coached against his son in baseball at MBA. He was at the game. I was going to walk over there. But, I said, nah, he is just a man like us all, besides Vollygirl. It would have been cool to meet him though.

If they can avoid turnovers and get at least average play from the O-line, they can keep it under the spread, maybe as little as 17 to 21 point loss. If not, it will be a very long day.

Herbstreit is feelin TN lately. I think it will be closer than most think.

Herbstreit is still covering himself (w/UT) from the utter horse's arse he made himself to be when he trashed our entire fanbase, for rejecting his alma-maters DC/AsstHC last year. Then fell amazingly silent when his own alma mater refused to promote the same man. Even though the same job as an interim should have fallen directly into that man's lap. Somehow such a great ANALyst was never able to see a relation in any of that.

JMHO.

2526340374_6e93e4fa95_b.jpg

Reactions: VolNExile
If they can avoid turnovers and get at least average play from the O-line, they can keep it under the spread, maybe as little as 17 to 21 point loss. If not, it will be a very long day.

That was Auburn in a nutshell. Here's hoping we can do it again. It'll take the addition of a few Bama turnovers and/or freak swing plays in order to win tho.

I think this weekend could be ugly but still have a big smile on my face from last weekend. To see Gus facial expressions during his postgame press conference was gold. Looked like he was trying to pass a kidney stone.

Surprise, surprise, the talking heads are talking and talking and talking some more
Thanks, Herbstreit
Go Vols

I’d bd shocked if by the 3rd quarter we’re not down by at least 40 points.
I’ll be shocked if we are within 2 TD by the 4th quarter. No one knows how this game plays out. Might be a defensive struggle for both teams then again Bama might light it up. If JG has a decent day and we keep it close anything can happen. I still don’t think we get destroyed by 40+ this year. I’m predicting it stays within 3 TD....

I’ll be shocked if we are within 2 TD by the 4th quarter. No one knows how this game plays out. Might be a defensive struggle for both teams then again Bama might light it up. If JG has a decent day and we keep it close anything can happen. I still don’t think we get destroyed by 40+ this year. I’m predicting it stays within 3 TD....
and sadly, a 3 TD win over us would be the "toughest test yet" for bama, that's how good they've been this year

Herbstreit with the jinx...but hopefully we can prove him right on Saturday.

Jinx----really? I love UT as much as the next guy but Herbie didn't jinx us :}:}:}. I just hope they don't make us look really bad. Alabama can make our freshmen DB's look like freshmen DB's. Our offense needs to stay on the field and give our defense a chance to stay fresh. I will be happy if we have five our six 10 play drives and kick field goals because touchdowns are gonna be hard to come by.

VN Store

Back