'19 GA ATH Owen Pappoe (Auburn signee)

He isn’t wrong.
So what if he is not? Do we need our fans reminding us constantly how freakin' good our rivals are while we still suck and have sucked for the last 10 years with a couple of exceptions thrown in to get our hopes up to be dashed again? Why so many of you think the rest of us don't realize how much better that Georgia and Bama are than us right now is ridiculous.

So what if he is not? Do we need our fans reminding us constantly how freakin' good our rivals are while we still suck and have sucked for the last 10 years with a couple of exceptions thrown in to get our hopes up to be dashed again? Why so many of you think the rest of us don't realize how much better that Georgia and Bama are than us right now is ridiculous.
What do you mean “so many of you”? I didn’t bring it up.

And as it relates to your last comment, go to the football forum and look and see how many of our fans believe we beat Auburn this week, for proof that several don’t realize it. Or how many thought we’d beat Georgia. Or how many thought we’d beat WVU en route to an 8-4 (or better) season.

Hope springs eternal with each offseason and manifests itself each and every week with a portion of our fans. I generally choose to ignore that level of ignorance. Might I suggest you do the same as it relates to the “constant reminders” of the gulf that currently exists between our program and that of teams like Bama and UGA.

Reactions: Chief Vol 13

And as it relates to your last comment, go to the football forum and look and see how many of our fans believe we beat Auburn this week, for proof that several don’t realize it. Or how many thought we’d beat Georgia. Or how many thought we’d beat WVU en route to an 8-4 (or better) season.

Hope springs eternal with each offseason and manifests itself each and every week with a portion of our fans. I generally choose to ignore that level of ignorance. Might I suggest you do the same as it relates to the “constant reminders” of the gulf that currently exists between our program and that of teams like Bama and UGA.

Thank goodness we have fans like yourself to make sure we aren't hopeful and to have pity on our ignorance.
Being positive and hopeful about something us fans use (favorite sports teams) to take "mini" breaks from the stresses of our working lives shouldn't be looked at as a negative. Being hopeful, even though there is doubt and the odds are stacked against you, is an admirable trait in my book.
But thats just me. I believe that how you do anything is how you do everything. Your attitude and demeanor is the influences your thoughts. Your thoughts drive your actions.

I was cautiously optimistic before WV and again before Florida. I am not anymore, at least for this year.

12-3

Maybe, but remember many of these fans also though we would beat WVa and UFl.

Reactions: Volator

You did not bring it up, but you reinforced it. You're entitled to your opinion. I may take your advice on the people who feel the need to remind us as often as possible that we suck.

You did not bring it up, but you reinforced it. You're entitled to your opinion. I may take your advice on the people who feel the need to remind us as often as possible that we suck.
Not even reinforcing so much as simply acknowledging the truth behind it. And it sucks. I hate it as much as you, trust me. It just seems like a portion of our fans don’t want to admit to themselves what we are and what our rivals are, or are becoming.

I was cautiously optimistic before WV and again before Florida. I am not anymore, at least for this year.
I decided before the start of this season that cautious optimism had gotten me nowhere over the last 10 years. I took a more realistic approach to this season and it has helped soften the blow. I just thought it was wholly unrealistic that a first year head coach was going to mold this team into winners overnight. Plus I live near Huntington, WV, so I was perhaps a little more in tune with what WVU was really capable of. The Florida game completely broke my spirit, though.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Thank goodness we have fans like yourself to make sure we aren't hopeful and to have pity on our ignorance.
Being positive and hopeful about something us fans use (favorite sports teams) to take "mini" breaks from the stresses of our working lives shouldn't be looked at as a negative. Being hopeful, even though there is doubt and the odds are stacked against you, is an admirable trait in my book.
But thats just me. I believe that how you do anything is how you do everything. Your attitude and demeanor is the influences your thoughts. Your thoughts drive your actions.
A fine mantra to live by, and in many cases, I’d agree with you. There is a difference in being hopeful and being realistic, though. I am hopeful Pruitt is the man to turn this around, but I’m realistic enough to realize it wasn’t happening overnight. I don’t think that makes me a negative persona in all avenues of life.

It's ok to be hopeful. Most of us go into every game 'hoping' we might pull the upset. That is much, much different than predicting a victory every week "because 'Team X' is over-rated and we have been playing vanilla leading up to this game", then when we get whipped starting 10 posts immediately after the game saying Pruitt is not the guy, Helton should be fired, yada, yada, yada. And then repeat the following Saturday....like clockwork.

I decided before the start of this season that cautious optimism had gotten me nowhere over the last 10 years. I took a more realistic approach to this season and it has helped soften the blow. I just thought it was wholly unrealistic that a first year head coach was going to mold this team into winners overnight. Plus I live near Huntington, WV, so I was perhaps a little more in tune with what WVU was really capable of. The Florida game completely broke my spirit, though.
This guy is on point. Completely pointless to ignore reality and pretend like everything is pie in the sky with the Tennessee program. Be realistic. I've told people for going on two years now what the real deal was with this program, and our rivals, and folks don't like it.

So it hurts less? Not at all? Being disappointed AFTER being optimistic hasn’t damaged me in the least. I’m always ready for better and prepared for otherwise. “Softening” should be an approach an elder takes to their stool output.

So it hurts less? Not at all? Being disappointed AFTER being optimistic hasn’t damaged me in the least. I’m always ready for better and prepared for otherwise. “Softening” should be an approach an elder takes to their stool output.
I’m so jaded at this point that losses don’t hurt me at all other than just the realization that we aren’t going to be any good this year or next, most likely. It definitely sours college football for me in general, but individual losses, which used to ruin my weekend, are just part of life, now.

After years of hoping that this would be “the year” only to enter October grossly disappointed, I decided a more logical approach was probably better than ignoring what my head tells me and going with what my heart hopes for.

Looking back on the past several years, my head told me we weren’t as talented as we hoped at times, and we would very likely be outcoached in many of those, but I somehow managed to convince myself going in that we would defy all odds and overcome teams with equal/better talent and superior coaching. This year, I decided to expect for the worst and hope for the best rather than let disappointment sneak up on me. I understand if that approach isn’t for everyone.

I’m so jaded at this point that losses don’t hurt me at all other than just the realization that we aren’t going to be any good this year or next, most likely. It definitely sours college football for me in general, but individual losses, which used to ruin my weekend, are just part of life, now.

After years of hoping that this would be “the year” only to enter October grossly disappointed, I decided a more logical approach was probably better than ignoring what my head tells me and going with what my heart hopes for.

Looking back on the past several years, my head told me we weren’t as talented as we hoped at times, and we would very likely be outcoached in many of those, but I somehow managed to convince myself going in that we would defy all odds and overcome teams with equal/better talent and superior coaching. This year, I decided to expect for the worst and hope for the best rather than let disappointment sneak up on me. I understand if that approach isn’t for everyone.
Sounds exactly the way I feel. It's really tuff living with a ###// gator.

VN Store

Back