'19 GA ATH Owen Pappoe (Auburn signee)

I am no insider. Just have a few friends in that are Georgia fans that are spot on with recruits going to Georgia. Dawgs are currently pitching the star position to Pappoe and he's listening. They are saying his top 3 now are Georgia, Tn, and Clemson. No particular order. They did say that they think Tn is their biggest competition.

Pappoe soured on UGA because he didn't like the way UGA recruited a friend of his-- told the guy he had a committable offer, then pulled it. So he went to Auburn because he thinks he'll play early there. He could play early here, too, but if he flips, it'll probably be to UGA.
Yeah, Kevin Harris was told he needed to come camp to get his offer in person. They did offer him if he would come workout, rubbed him and Grayson players the wrong way including Watson’s dad. Apparently they didn’t feel he needed to workout? Idk

Now, AU dropped Jakai Clark like a termite infested 4x4, did that turn Pappoe off on AU? Time will tell, but been rumors since and UT is included in those rumors as a landing spot. Remember, UT was OP’s first love, I could see it. I don’t see a 5 star player, I see a 5 star athlete. Ga is recruiting him now at Star instead of ILB, that might be the perfect spot for him, he can use his speed and not be swallowed up by OL.

Yeah, Kevin Harris was told he needed to come camp to get his offer in person. They did offer him if he would come workout, rubbed him and Grayson players the wrong way including Watson’s dad. Apparently they didn’t feel he needed to workout? Idk

Now, AU dropped Jakai Clark like a termite infested 4x4, did that turn Pappoe off on AU? Time will tell, but been rumors since and UT is included in those rumors as a landing spot. Remember, UT was OP’s first love, I could see it. I don’t see a 5 star player, I see a 5 star athlete. Ga is recruiting him now at Star instead of ILB, that might be the perfect spot for him, he can use his speed and not be swallowed up by OL.
glad to hear that the whole 'to camp or not to camp' issue is affecting someone other than TN and mid-state kids lol.

and i've never thought pappoe would stick at Auburn. he used to talk so glowingly about UGA....to me, it was a forgone conclusion he would wind up there.

but, if we have a legit shot, hope we can make it happen. i do think him not coming to the UF game was kinda telling tho.

I'm sorry you're delusional. The past several years tells me I'm correct. Blah blah negative blah blah Georgia fan... we will be "back" eventually but it won't be anytime soon. Pruitt will have our defense good enough before long though.
UGA recruiting at a high level, and UT's lot in the college football world...At this point in time, how anyone can still be delusional about these things is beyond me, especially when they have you and a few others around to remind us every other post? I agree, if they don't see it by now, they are delusional; because how many times do you and your buddies have to say it...you would think every post, or every other post, would be sufficient for them to get the hint, you know.

Keep up the good fight, man! I appreciate it; because, without you and some others reminding us, day after day after day...I, too, may still be delusional in my thinking that UGA sucks at recruiting, and UT will win the SEC this year.

Higher rated? The decommits included one 5-star and two 4-star recruits. Good luck with the upgrade.
The two defensive players that decommitted are rated 165 and 312 on 247sports composite. The recruits that will likely take their place will be 68 or lower. Not sure that's enough of a difference to matter over a kid's college career, but apparently the coaches do. The 5* is Haselwood. UGA will keep recruiting him until he he puts pen to paper.

So what do you think changed that would make him flip to GA?
I'm not remotely convinced Pappoe will flip to UGA. However, there is some chatter that the UGA staff is talking to Pappoe about playing the Star position. Seems like Pappoe has been aorund 6'0 since his freshman year in HS. He needs to hit a growth spurt if he wants to be an every down LB. I've always felt like Tennessee has a shot with him. He's always seemed to like Tennessee.

I'm not remotely convinced Pappoe will flip to UGA. However, there is some chatter that the UGA staff is talking to Pappoe about playing the Star position. Seems like Pappoe has been aorund 6'0 since his freshman year in HS. He needs to hit a growth spurt if he wants to be an every down LB. I've always felt like Tennessee has a shot with him. He's always seemed to like Tennessee.
Thank you for answering. I just didn't follow the logic that he committed to AU because he didn't like UGAs treatment of someone, but he would flip to UGA. Wondered what happened.

I am no insider. Just have a few friends in that are Georgia fans that are spot on with recruits going to Georgia. Dawgs are currently pitching the star position to Pappoe and he's listening. They are saying his top 3 now are Georgia, Tn, and Clemson. No particular order. They did say that they think Tn is their biggest competition.
Pretty much the same situation here and I'm hearing the same. Sickening but true

Reactions: Volzfan38024

A bit of a different situation with Jakai Clark. Clark was already committed to Auburn and chose to come to the UT BBQ with Wanya Morris instead of going to the Auburn BBQ that same weekend. Pappoe went to the Auburn BBQ. Clark skipping a big Auburn recruiting weekend for a big recruiting weekend at UT didn't set well with the Auburn coaches-- especially when they had already talked to him about it and he told them he wasn't going to UT. He got caught, Auburn coaches were pissed and he was on the outs.

Pappoe cancelled his visit to UT for the UF game after Auburn coaches called him about it. Auburn doesn't take kindly to commits visiting other schools. Whether he takes his last OV or not, I could see him being a late flip heading into ESD.

Reactions: AaronUT
Malzahn is a 8-4 coach who gets bailed out by unreal games against Bama by his QB’s. Marshall played great (+kick 6) and an unreal game by Stidham last year. No way in hell he is worth 7 mill a year imo. I woulda let him walk to Arkansas last year

Lol should they of hired Butch Jones then ? I mean he was 9-4 in back to back seasons. Malzahn has proved he is a consistent coach and a good one at that, playing in the West which is superior to the East.

Georgia's going to clean Tennessee up just about every year if we don't get at least close to their level on the trail

We recruit heavily in the state of UGA. It seems that our new staff is just concerning themselves primarily with the Southeast to get recruits. The problem is UGA now is on the recruiting level of Bama, while we are still middle of the pack in the SEC. UF is going to start picking up in recruiting again.

So the biggest issue will be regardless of how good we recruit, UGA will more than likely recruit better. I mean they lost 2 NFL RBs and a ton of defense, yet hasnt really missed a beat.

We recruit heavily in the state of UGA. It seems that our new staff is just concerning themselves primarily with the Southeast to get recruits. The problem is UGA now is on the recruiting level of Bama, while we are still middle of the pack in the SEC. UF is going to start picking up in recruiting again.

So the biggest issue will be regardless of how good we recruit, UGA will more than likely recruit better. I mean they lost 2 NFL RBs and a ton of defense, yet hasnt really missed a beat.
Yeah I told a lot of folks this in the offseason. UGA is going nowhere. "Kirby hasn't proven anything yet." Lol

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
It’s a heck of a lot easier to recruit when you’re playing in bowl games. I would imagine it only gets easier when you are playing in SECCGs and NCGs but don’t quote me on that it’s JMO TIFWIW GOVAHLS PRUITTILWEDOIT

VN Store

Back