'19 GA ATH Owen Pappoe (Auburn signee)

But Gus' strength and weakness are the same. His unconventional tendencies will have him beat Bama one moment and lose to UCF the next. He's as likely to go 7-5 as 12-0. Folks love that when it's working, and when it's not the want him gone.
Their recent success looks good from the bottom, but as a fan, it would be maddening to see such bipolar results from year to year.

Which is exactly why Saban has traditionally taken the best QB he could find and turned him into a game manager. Tua is really forbidden fruit. It will be interesting to see if Saban gets addicted to it and chases it in the future, at the risk of having more sporadic, but frightening, success.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
If he was going to UGA he would of flipped by now.
Not true whatsoever. With all the bad news flying around AU, I don't believe this is the case. Additionally, OP has every reason to wait out the season before considering to flip or not. No team will turn him away. UGA seems to think if he flips from AU that they have the best shot. I beg to differ but that a matter of opinion.

I believe we have a better chance of flipping him than UGA, if he does flip.

When he committed to the Barn, Jawja fans seemed to think Pappoe was rubbed the wrong way in his recruitment. I don't recall the details of that. They also seemed confident that they would flip him back. The last piece of information I mentioned from them was from their sunshine pumping, we get every recruit we want, we recruited over him, idiot posters. The most telling info I have seen in his recruitment regarding Tennessee is that he didn't come in for the Floriduh game.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Pappoe soured on UGA because he didn't like the way UGA recruited a friend of his-- told the guy he had a committable offer, then pulled it. So he went to Auburn because he thinks he'll play early there. He could play early here, too, but if he flips, it'll probably be to UGA.

Pappoe soured on UGA because he didn't like the way UGA recruited a friend of his-- told the guy he had a committable offer, then pulled it. So he went to Auburn because he thinks he'll play early there. He could play early here, too, but if he flips, it'll probably be to UGA.

Reading that, it doesn't seem likely that he flips then. Trust is a big deal in recruiting.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Higher rated than the number 3 player in the country? Right.
i'm assuming that's the 5* WR that left the class? he's the only 1 of hte 3 that did part ways from GA...the other two, according Price on Swain this a.m., was GA parting ways with the player to make room.

Reactions: AaronUT
So what do you think changed that would make him flip to GA?

Higher rated? The decommits included one 5-star and two 4-star recruits. Good luck with the upgrade.
They will upgrade, don't worry. I hate Georgia, but they're recruiting similar to Bama right now. They have a couple five-stars and highly-rated four-stars in their sights that will be higher-rated than Perry and Bertrand, the two who they passed on.

Reactions: AaronUT
unfortunately, that's true. you don't say good bye to two players like that w/out a plan.....

I'm sorry you're delusional. The past several years tells me I'm correct. Blah blah negative blah blah Georgia fan... we will be "back" eventually but it won't be anytime soon. Pruitt will have our defense good enough before long though.

Reactions: Chief Vol 13

VN Store

Back