Josh Dobbs (merged)

You obviously must not know I have a pending bet with @bamawriter that Josh Dobbs will start at least 1 playoff game this year.

So no I'm not kicking anything down the road. There is a definitive deadline for my guarantee that this year would be the start of Dobbs legendary career.
And if it isn't, you will say it's everyone else's fault but Dobbs' which isn't fair to the kid himself. Nothing against him but let him become what he will be and none of your outlandish predictions will change that. His mechanics and ability to drive the ball to the out routes hasn't changed in years so "legendary" just doesn't seem to fit the realistic description. You haven't pointed out one thing that people can look at to think any of your predictions for his career may come true. You compared him to Randall Cunningham and maybe in a running style, that makes sense, as a QB, Randall had far better mechanics than Dobbs and certainly had the ability to read a defense.

And if it isn't, you will say it's everyone else's fault but Dobbs' which isn't fair to the kid himself. Nothing against him but let him become what he will be and none of your outlandish predictions will change that. His mechanics and ability to drive the ball to the out routes hasn't changed in years so "legendary" just doesn't seem to fit the realistic description. You haven't pointed out one thing that people can look at to think any of your predictions for his career may come true. You compared him to Randall Cunningham and maybe in a running style, that makes sense, as a QB, Randall had far better mechanics than Dobbs and certainly had the ability to read a defense.

Didn't you say the same thing with regard to Dobbs making the Steelers roster this year? Wasn't he all but cut according to you and everyone else on here? And yet I said he would beat out Landry Jones and be the backup to Big Ben.

Just as you were wrong about Dobbs becoming the #2 before training camp, you'll be wrong about this as well.

Didn't you say the same thing with regard to Dobbs making the Steelers roster this year? Wasn't he all but cut according to you and everyone else on here? And yet I said he would beat out Landry Jones and be the backup to Big Ben.

Just as you were wrong about Dobbs becoming the #2 before training camp, you'll be wrong about this as well.
No, sure won't because you can't point to one thing that proves he's a capable passer .. as Booger McFarland has said ..

"Let the demotion of Jalen Hurts and Kelly Bryant send a message to young quarterbacks. Make sure u develop as a passer, don’t fall for the okie doke and just run around and be an athlete"

The funniest part about your post, is the highlighted portion has NOTHING to do with your response because the highlighted portion is exactly what you have done time and time again.

No, sure won't because you can't point to one thing that proves he's a capable passer .. as Booger McFarland has said ..

"Let the demotion of Jalen Hurts and Kelly Bryant send a message to young quarterbacks. Make sure u develop as a passer, don’t fall for the okie doke and just run around and be an athlete"

67% passing in the preseason. Over 100 QB rating. The Steelers wouldn't make a guy who isn't a capable passer their backup QB.

Just say you hate Dobbs cause he owned your team during his time here and keep it moving.

67% passing in the preseason. Over 100 QB rating. The Steelers wouldn't make a guy who isn't a capable passer their backup QB.

Just say you hate Dobbs cause he owned your team during his time here and keep it moving.

Preseason is not the regular season. The opposing competition is not the same, and the very stakes of the game are not the same. Until Dobbs has actual regular season experience, you literally have zero evidence that he is capable of being a starting QB in the NFL, much less a "first-ballot HOF inductee".

Therein lies the problem. You have quadrupled down on your baseless predictions to the point, where you can't imagine a world where Dobbs is not the GOAT, despite a multitude of evidence that contradicts your assertions.

So you kick the can down the road, churn out excuse after excuse about coaches and GMs being to stupid too see Dobb's greatness, because you can't accept even the possibility that Dobbs might not be great.

Preseason is not the regular season. The opposing competition is not the same, and the very stakes of the game are not the same. Until Dobbs has actual regular season experience, you literally have zero evidence that he is capable of being a starting QB in the NFL, much less a "first-ballot HOF inductee".

Therein lies the problem. You have quadrupled down on your baseless predictions to the point, where you can't imagine a world where Dobbs is not the GOAT, despite a multitude of evidence that contradicts your assertions.

So you kick the can down the road, churn out excuse after excuse about coaches and GMs being to stupid too see Dobb's greatness, because you can't accept even the possibility that Dobbs might not be great.

Once again, maybe you are unaware but I have a bet with @bamawriter that Josh Dobbs will start at least one playoff game this year.

How is that kicking the can down the road?

Its only Week 4. Have some patience. This will be Dobbs breakout season. I don't know exactly when it will be this season. But it will be this year.

Once again, maybe you are unaware but I have a bet with @bamawriter that Josh Dobbs will start at least one playoff game this year.

How is that kicking the can down the road?

Its only Week 4. Have some patience. This will be Dobbs breakout season. I don't know exactly when it will be this season. But it will be this year.

Do I really need to quote your own posts back to you where you have stated with surety, that Dobbs has more talent than Roethlisberger, that Tomlin would bench Ben, toss Dobbs in and never look back? How the ones where you predict a 20-year franchise-QB career for him, in spite of the fact that he's never taken a regular season snap at age 23?

Last edited:
Do I really need to quote your own posts back to you where you have stated with surety, that Dobbs has more talent than Roethlisberger, that Tomlin would bench Ben, toss Donna in and never look back? How the ones where you predict a 20-year franchise-QB career for him, in spite of the fact that he's never taken a regular season snap at age 23?

I said that is what Tomlin SHOULD do. I never said he would do it. He's far too conservative. I've always maintained it would take an injury to Big Ben for Dobbs to see the field.

The rest of your post refers to projections I have made about Dobbs career. And I stand by them all. Once Dobbs gets his shot with the Steelers, he'll never look back. He will take over as the starter and Big Ben will be looking for a new team. Josh Dobbs will also play for 20 years in the NFL. That's pretty typical now for the elite QBs like Brady and Brees. I see Dobbs being a Hall of Famer so it makes sense that he would play for 20 years.

Reactions: 508mikey
I said that is what Tomlin SHOULD do. I never said he would do it. He's far too conservative. I've always maintained it would take an injury to Big Ben for Dobbs to see the field.

The rest of your post refers to projections I have made about Dobbs career. And I stand by them all. Once Dobbs gets his shot with the Steelers, he'll never look back. He will take over as the starter and Big Ben will be looking for a new team. Josh Dobbs will also play for 20 years in the NFL. That's pretty typical now for the elite QBs like Brady and Brees. I see Dobbs being a Hall of Famer so it makes sense that he would play for 20 years.
If the Steelers get a huge lead into the 4Q somewhere down the line-- do you think Tomlin would put Dobbs in ?

If the Steelers get a huge lead into the 4Q somewhere down the line-- do you think Tomlin would put Dobbs in ?

Probably not. I don't know Tomlin's history with stuff like that but he seems like the type to not pull his starters unless the game doesn't matter to playoff seedings.

I just have a feeling Dobbs first game action will come after an injury to Big Ben. And for some reason I have an inkling it'll be against Carolina Panthers. He's had his best games in the preseason against them. It only feels right for him to make his NFL debut against them.

Dude, stop being an idiot and stop being THAT guy trying to put words in people's mouths. I have said time and again that I don't hate the guy. I am the one after the 2015 game that come on here, hostile territory, and congratulated the Vol faithful and complimented Dobbs on a great game (2016, he didn't exactly "own" anyone in that game). And despite your outlandish predictions, I still don't pull for him or anyone else to fail in the league (unless they are playing against the Bucs but that's temporary).

But you quote Dobbs' preseason stats as if they suddenly matter for Dobbs but not for anyone else. You fail to see the mechanics issues, you fail to see the issue with driving the ball outside the number, you fail to see the issues with pre-snap reads AND post-snap reads and you fail to realize unless your like a 6'5" Cam Newton with a ton of arm talent, you're really not going to be some stud QB just because you can run the ball. The guy is an incredible athlete but that doesn't make you a QB in the NFL but you have had numerous posts cracking on other QBs because they aren't as athletic. TOWERING PROOF that you don't have a clue. So you are either a troll who doesn't really believe most of this stuff or your a fan boy who fantasizes about being part of an NFL franchise front office. Which is it?

Dude, stop being an idiot and stop being THAT guy trying to put words in people's mouths. I have said time and again that I don't hate the guy. I am the one after the 2015 game that come on here, hostile territory, and congratulated the Vol faithful and complimented Dobbs on a great game (2016, he didn't exactly "own" anyone in that game). And despite your outlandish predictions, I still don't pull for him or anyone else to fail in the league (unless they are playing against the Bucs but that's temporary).

But you quote Dobbs' preseason stats as if they suddenly matter for Dobbs but not for anyone else. You fail to see the mechanics issues, you fail to see the issue with driving the ball outside the number, you fail to see the issues with pre-snap reads AND post-snap reads and you fail to realize unless your like a 6'5" Cam Newton with a ton of arm talent, you're really not going to be some stud QB just because you can run the ball. The guy is an incredible athlete but that doesn't make you a QB in the NFL but you have had numerous posts cracking on other QBs because they aren't as athletic. TOWERING PROOF that you don't have a clue. So you are either a troll who doesn't really believe most of this stuff or your a fan boy who fantasizes about being part of an NFL franchise front office. Which is it?

You're trying to reason with a troll man. Just point and laugh at him like the rest of us.

"An absolutely masterful first half by Big Ben" - Joe Tessitore

Dude you continue to look stupid. Ben is lighting the Bucs up. But its all luck. But if its was Dobbs, it would be because he is just that good. Big Ben is a first ballot HOF QB that could,out play Dobbs in his sleep. I like Dobbs and hope he has a great career. But your hypocrisy and insane rants are getting old.

Ben is struggling tonight. Only hit 21 out 25 pass attempts...... In the 1st half

Tomlin should be fired at the half for not pulling him and putting Dobbs in.

ROFL....a future HOF QB is "lucky".

What do ya'll have to say tonight? Steelers finally played a good defense since the Browns game and Big Ben was TRASH once again.

Big Ben has just been feasting on weak defenses the last 2 weeks. He's done. And the Steelers won't be good again until they play Dobbs.

The Steelers are digging a hole for their playoff hopes.

And that hole is only going to get deeper the longer Big Ben is starting. That dude is TRASH.

Good news for the Steelers is that Dobbs will be the starter in Week 10 against the Panthers on Thursday Night Football. And that will be the start of their Super Bowl run.

And that hole is only going to get deeper the longer Big Ben is starting. That dude is TRASH.

Good news for the Steelers is that Dobbs will be the starter in Week 10 against the Panthers on Thursday Night Football. And that will be the start of their Super Bowl run.

So you hope.

9 carriers for 19 yards against a good defense. You know who did that? Future hall of famer James Conner.

Do you guys even watch the games?

Just like the Chiefs game, Steelers fell behind big early (14-0) and abandoned the run. James Conner is a pounder. He needs more than 9 carries to be effective. His style is all about wearing down the defense.

This loss is completely on Big Ben. He is the one holding this team back. And once Dobbs replaces him, you will all see it.

What do ya'll have to say tonight? Steelers finally played a good defense since the Browns game and Big Ben was TRASH once again.

Big Ben has just been feasting on weak defenses the last 2 weeks. He's done. And the Steelers won't be good again until they play Dobbs.

Did you even watch the game? Forget that the Steelers have to play defense as well?

Speaking of QBs that actually do suck, how'd the Bills do? Asking for Josh Allen since he didn't bother to show up.

Did you even watch the game? Forget that the Steelers have to play defense as well?

Speaking of QBs that actually do suck, how'd the Bills do? Asking for Josh Allen since he didn't bother to show up.
You mean a 5.4 QBR isn't good? I thought he was CLEARLY one of the best two QBs in the draft?
Funny, on here when you see words and phrases like "CLEARLY", "CLONE", "REMINDS ME OF", "FUTURE HOF", "PERENNIAL ALL PRO" you know exactly who it is throwing the "wish I was in sports as a job" cliches out there. BTW, Mayfield is looking good (Browns should have won yesterday but the refs are awful .. Chubb is pretty good too), Rosen didn't look bad at all for his first start. Darnold is still playing pretty well.

Reactions: Plecoptera

VN Store

Back