Don’t do this to yourselves

Glad we weren’t getting into a contest. Sorry that happened to your son.

My son used to be a huge Vol fan and we would argue about the Vols and the outcome of the games, this is what I miss the most. Now his memory is so bad he can't remember what happen yesterday and doesnt watch the games anymore, it's truly sad indeed, I miss us watching and discussing the games more than I can put in words, part of me died when we learned of the damage he had.
Life can be very cruel, thank goodness for VN

You used different terminology. It brought you derisive heat...not the troll fun you intended. So you’ve changed your position. Pruitt was the result of a bad administration according to you...I’m not confused that you posted that.

Pruitt is the result of a bad administration. He wasn’t on any other serious lists for major programs and was a reach. With competent leadership we would have hired a proven, sitting HC because we’re historically a top 10 winning program and consistently a top revenue program in the SEC. We can afford it. Our fans need to start realizing this and acting like it.

With that said Pruitt must work out for us. I think he has what it takes to succeed if we give him time. I love Fulmer and if they can make it work then we will rebuild. If not, Doeren or Schiano will be who Haslam brings in next because he’s a football genius. Just look at the Cleveland Browns.

Again, I said after 2-3 years you know whether or not you have an elite coach. You somehow twisted my words into saying he’d be fired after 3 years guaranteed. I asked you to point me to that post and you backed off. You’re still welcome to find it and prove me wrong.

Maybe it was this one? I said 4 years here but hey let’s not get technical.
Grading the new CFB hires....

Pruitt is the result of a bad administration. He wasn’t on any other serious lists for major programs and was a reach. With competent leadership we would have hired a proven, sitting HC because we’re historically a top 10 winning program and consistently a top revenue program in the SEC. We can afford it. Our fans need to start realizing this and acting like it.

Ive gotta ask, how do we act like it?

With that said Pruitt must work out for us. I think he has what it takes to succeed if we give him time. I love Fulmer and if they can make it work then we will rebuild. If not, Doeren or Schiano will be who Haslam brings in next because he’s a football genius. Just look at the Cleveland Browns.

Again, I said after 2-3 years you know whether or not you have an elite coach. You somehow twisted my words into saying he’d be fired after 3 years guaranteed. I asked you to point me to that post and you backed off. You’re still welcome to find it and prove me wrong.

Grading the new CFB hires....[/QUOTE

And the whole reason this thread was created comes out.

Ive gotta ask, how do we act like it?
Sulk and pretend if you throw Monopoly money around, every coach will run to you, apparently.
Mullen had once referenced how highly he thought of the UF job, he was never going anywhere else.
The bridge was burnt with Patterson years ago.
Gundy uses other teams for raises, isn't leaving.
aTm is definitely one that could out bid us.
Etc; etc,.

Pruitt is not the only coach that we could have hired but these posters' lists are straight up BS. Fantasies created to convince others that glory was right there and we refused to take it.
All in hopes that we join them in their whiney misery.

When they call and ask for a ticket renewal and donation you reply “Sure, if you stop listening to the Haslams”. Power to the people.
That sounds awfully easy. You think that's all it would take? I mean, I've seen people post on here that they have stopped donating and buying season tickets. I know some personally that have stopped. Wonder why things haven't changed?

Reactions: butchna
No idea which team wins. However, it just seems that Pruitt and Helton were limiting play calling last week in the El Paso game. Lots of old fashion football. RRPP style. Hope we open it up with some new stuff and teach the Gators and our fans and all of college football a new style. But, unless we do better on both lines and the young d-backs get better in a hurry, it could be a long game. By the way the old fashion football I watched a long time ago is run, run, pass, punt (RRPP). It gets old in a hurry. Just sayin' - Fox
That's exactly right! the week before a big game we don't show our hand and we play safe football against a team that we can beat handily. Not to mention, we get a chance to practice fundamental football in a game situation. Our team is young and meaningful game reps are hard to come by in a situation that allows us to make mistakes and learn from them. We can't afford to practice during a game against a team like Florida. An SEC will eat that stuff up. I agree with a conservative play calling approach that helps prevent injury and helps our guys gel. We will pull out all the stops against the gators and give them all they can handle!
GBO!!

Florida is not very good but we are worse. Their DL is better than our OL which determines most games. Their offense may not score much, but their special teams will likely make big plays on us.

We won’t lose because of the name on their helmet or our history with them since division play began. We will lose because we aren’t very good at football right now.

Put on your Big Orange Cup and get ready for a kick to the junk. Of course, please bump this if we win.
If we win, will you never post again? Cause that would be pretty cool.

Florida is not very good but we are worse. Their DL is better than our OL which determines most games. Their offense may not score much, but their special teams will likely make big plays on us.

We won’t lose because of the name on their helmet or our history with them since division play began. We will lose because we aren’t very good at football right now.

Put on your Big Orange Cup and get ready for a kick to the junk. Of course, please bump this if we win.
We certainly aren't worse.

How about a preemptive bump 🤔 ?!

Grading the new CFB hires....
You declared that we’d be conducting another coaching search in three years. That’s not spin...that’s perfect recall of something you obviously uttered in a befuddled, reduced capacity state. 😎 Every time I mention a gaffe you spat out, you deny it, order me to go back over YOUR posts and then cite one equally ridiculous that I “must have mistaken” for the one you cited. This is your modus operandi. You spout off, declare, backtrack and deny.

It doesn’t feel different this year. It seems as though there is less to lose imo so why not pull out all the trick plays , deep balls, te pass and anything ( hb pass) and just go win. Then go celebrate. They owe us a few cheap wins. The crowd can will Tennessee to victory if they stay loud like 2016. I can’t say it any better than the admiral

That sounds awfully easy. You think that's all it would take? I mean, I've seen people post on here that they have stopped donating and buying season tickets. I know some personally that have stopped. Wonder why things haven't changed?

Too many sheep still gladly handing over their money. Baaaaaaa.

You declared that we’d be conducting another coaching search in three years. That’s not spin...that’s perfect recall of something you obviously uttered in a befuddled, reduced capacity state. 😎 Every time I mention a gaffe you spat out, you deny it, order me to go back over YOUR posts and then cite one equally ridiculous that I “must have mistaken” for the one you cited. This is your modus operandi. You spout off, declare, backtrack and deny.

Still waiting for you to quote it. Should be pretty easy since I only returned about 5 months ago.

Sulk and pretend if you throw Monopoly money around, every coach will run to you, apparently.
Mullen had once referenced how highly he thought of the UF job, he was never going anywhere else.
The bridge was burnt with Patterson years ago.
Gundy uses other teams for raises, isn't leaving.
aTm is definitely one that could out bid us.
Etc; etc,.

Pruitt is not the only coach that we could have hired but these posters' lists are straight up BS. Fantasies created to convince others that glory was right there and we refused to take it.
All in hopes that we join them in their whiney misery.

Yea, this conversation always makes me laugh. Its just another "thing" some think they know and don't.

I'm gonna believe our boys can do it, enjoy the game....follow the game flow and be glad and be angry. Then when it's over for a few hours I'll act accordingly. Then it's on to Georgia.

Too many sheep still gladly handing over their money. Baaaaaaa.

Still waiting for you to quote it. Should be pretty easy since I only returned about 5 months ago.
What screen name were you using before that Tallgguy?

Let's assume you are right. Do you actually believe that will ever change?
He gets to respond “no” but stay around to drone on and on about it. Misunderstood Genius schtick.

Reactions: Behr
Let's assume you are right. Do you actually believe that will ever change?

Yes, absolutely! Collectively our fans have the power and influence. The rejection of Schiano is proof of that. If they are tired of mediocrity, and prepared to say NO when the time comes, then they can influence the UTAD with their rebellion.

I’m hoping Pruitt is the guy and there’s no need for further rebellion.

Well, I've had too much fun and need to go to bed. Jack, will you tell me a bedtime story?

(Eddie Murphy 48 Hrs.)FYI.

Reactions: malinoisvol

It's Florida, they suck too, and I can't help it. I realize this year and next are going to be awful. That doesn't change anything. This will be the last game for over a month that we have any shot at winning. Now is not the time for realism. Now is the time to hope for the best and stock the liquor cabinet for the worst.

Yep your right, we shouldn't even play the game. You might be right, but most folks on here think you're an idiot.

VN Store

Back